• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] Pocket Monsters X and Y! (New anime and new info)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Pocket Monsters XY! (New anime and new info)

I wasn't sure where to post this so if it gets merged that's fine.

But there's been some new details on the anime for Pokemon X and Y:

TV-Tokyo has announced that the next anime series following Pocket Monsters Best Wishes will be Pocket Monsters XY. Pocket Monsters XY will begin Oct. 17, 2013. Ash and Pikachu will start in Lumiose City in the Kalos region.
Lumiose City is at the center of the Kalos region. This is the first region that Ash doesn't start in the city that is the hometown in the games. Ash's new outfit for the Pocket Monsters XY series is very similar to what the male character Calem wears in the Pokémon X and Y games.

Ash's new outfit:

386px-Ash_XY.png

Anime renders of the Kalos starters (all of them looking really pissed.)
Kalos_starters_XY_anime.png

Pocket Monsters XY Logo

Pok%C3%A9mon_XY_Series.png

Thoughts?

Mine. Ash seriously stole Red's hat. XD

But I like his new outfit way more than his BW one.

Last edited:

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years
Yep, Ash stole Red's hat. xD

Since it's obviously not going to be a reboot, I just hope this season is better than the last one, because the Unova saga kinda disappointed me, being sort of disorganized and filler-heavy due to trying to extend it until around X&Y's release date. I'd prefer it be like the B2W2 animated trailer or the Sinnoh saga, with an amazing dark storyline and epic battles, complete with the jerkiest of rivals who doesn't get killed off before the League even begins.

Years
I like that he's wearing what looks like a bike jersey and athletic pants. Is it an European thing? It also looks like Froakie is fluffing his curls.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I like Ash's new clothes and the Kalos starter anime art. I wonder if Serena will make an actual appearance in this series, since Hilbert, Hilda, Nate and Rosa never appeared in the main series at all.

Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017

Since it's obviously not going to be a reboot, I just hope this season is better than the last one, because the Unova saga kinda disappointed me, being sort of disorganized and filler-heavy due to trying to extend it until around X&Y's release date. I'd prefer it be like the B2W2 animated trailer or the Sinnoh saga, with an amazing dark storyline and epic battles, complete with the jerkiest of rivals who doesn't get killed off before the League even begins.

I disagree, because the Unova series was a really great improvement over the Sinnoh saga which was a piece of trash as a whole entire series, Ash's BW outfit was the best with all of those cool colors, his new outfit is even more cooler then i thought.

Hopefully the Kalos series will be on the same good level that the Unova series was at and don't turn out to be like the Sinnoh series and it's terrible rivals, then i can see the Kalos series turning out to be the best just like the Unova series.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
He looks amazing and bad ass, in a weird kind of way. I think I'll pick the anime back up. His design for this series is definitely better than the last two or three there've been.

Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
I really do like his new outfit since it does fits him perfectly and it is a mix of his BW outfit which makes his new outfit even more better.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years

Personally , I like BW it's what got me back into the series and I'm now currently catching up by watching DP. Personally though I do agree that DP is one of the best sagas so far.

I think Johto has a bit more fillers than BW does, but with the Decolora Arc likely finishing up BW , it might beat Johto in fillers.

I like Ash's new clothes and the Kalos starter anime art. I wonder if Serena will make an actual appearance in this series, since Hilbert, Hilda, Nate and Rosa never appeared in the main series at all.

It's possible I think. It's likely Iris and Cilan will be leaving since Cilan has a Gym and so will Iris if she decides to become Opelucid's Gym Leader. So they will likely be replaced. Cilan has more of a chance of staying though. I hope Iris is at least replaced with Serena.

Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
DP was never consider to be one of the best sagas if anything it was one of the worst series of Pokemon, BW outclassed it with it's good episodes, great cool characters and great rivals aswell.

Iris & Cilan may stay for the X&Y series but if they don't atleast they won't be forgotten. I could see Iris staying or maybe even Cilan, but i won't be getting my hopes up if they do leave the show.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Aww I'm going to miss his hoodie. But other than that I really like Ash's new design for the new series and I'm really looking forward to seeing it ahhh. His new clothes sort of make him a lot more confident (and as mentioned before: badass) than his previous ones. Dis-including my bias for hoodies I think this might become my favorite outfit of his.

BW was very... unbalanced in its performance to say the least. The pacing was all over the place. They had a potentially good rival but then decided to toss in someone right before the league and ugh, and just in general it wasn't as great as it could have been (though was still the saga that got me back into the anime so that's still something to love about it to me). I hope this next saga has better pacing and more development as well. Compared to DP I don't believe Ash had as much character development as he could have gotten/made it seem like more of a reset than people already claim every saga to be.

Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
The Unova league was a great improvement over the Sinnoh League, but it to was way too over rush and Trip was a great rival, who know's maybe we might see him again.

But atleast Unova series was fun filled and enjoyable with all of the cool characters, Ash's Unova team was at it's badass prime, they also had cool epic battles and the Gym were just great aswell.

I really do enjoy Ash's new badass Outfit, because it makes him look even more badass then ever before.

Last edited:

Aloasa

BRAINS!!!!!!
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2014
Finally Ash looks badass, more with the hat, I like this outfit as much if not more than Ash's hoenn outfit, as for the anime itself, If it can at least beat Unova I will be happy, I just ask that, beat Unova, seriously the only thing good about Unova was the introduction of Cilan as a main characther

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
DP was never consider to be one of the best sagas if anything it was one of the worst series of Pokemon, BW outclassed it with it's good episodes, great cool characters and great rivals aswell.

Iris & Cilan may stay for the X&Y series but if they don't atleast they won't be forgotten. I could see Iris staying or maybe even Cilan, but i won't be getting my hopes up if they do leave the show.

Iris and Cilan leave during the Dekora Arc. I think its before he meets Alexa. Cilan and Iris are traveling through Kanto last I heard (it was their reason for leaving Unova with Ash. Cilan wanted to leave to become a better Sommilier while Iris is leaving to learn and meet with other Dragons across the world.)

Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
Iris and Cilan leave during the Dekora Arc. I think its before he meets Alexa. Cilan and Iris are traveling through Kanto last I heard (it was their reason for leaving Unova with Ash. Cilan wanted to leave to become a better Sommilier while Iris is leaving to learn and meet with other Dragons across the world.)

Yeah you're right. But there's noway to tell what will happen after the Dekora Arc ends, if i do recall Ash does meets Alexa while Iris and Cilan is still with him during the Dekora Arc.

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Ash's new outfit:

386px-Ash_XY.png
I'M SO HAPPY ABOUT THIS HOLY HELL. I mean considering they're sticking with the same art style as BW which seems to make everyone look pretty young... he seems to be doing the maturing thing again. Excellent. Also I want that outfit and wow if I was twelve I mean.....

It's likely Iris and Cilan will be leaving since Cilan has a Gym and so will Iris if she decides to become Opelucid's Gym Leader. So they will likely be replaced. Cilan has more of a chance of staying though. I hope Iris is at least replaced with Serena.
If she's replaced with Serena I still want Serena to be darker because wow the darkest pallet that older XY teaser gave us was gorgeous on her. And continual diversity, hell yeah. Please let Cilan stay though asdfgh he's got so much character development to doooo.
Finally Ash looks badass, more with the hat, I like this outfit as much if not more than Ash's hoenn outfit, as for the anime itself, If it can at least beat Unova I will be happy, I just ask that, beat Unova, seriously the only thing good about Unova was the introduction of Cilan as a main characther
essentially that up there

Xander said:
Whoa whoa whoa wait what where are you getting that info from?

And Piks, honey, it's lovely that you support BW so much. It got me back into the anime and introduced one of my favourite characters ever, my OTP, and a bunch of darling secondary characters. Despite that, DP is objectively far superior in terms of story arcs, character development, and creative battling. But this certainly is not the thread for DP hate or BW fangasming. This thread is for XY news and speculation. Please keep on topic.

Last edited:
Years
I actually like the new design of Ash, notably the hat being very similar to Red's hat in FR/LG. And the starters' anime art also makes them look cool, I do hope this one turns out to be as good as Unova, because I stopped watching that saga about halfway through due to the poor management of Ash's team. I'm still confused on who the new companions will be, but if Serena's revealed as the new female companion I'm hoping she gets a decent sidequest. Cilan I could see pulling a Brock and returning a few episodes in, but I'm alright if Ash gets a new male companion as well.

I really am looking forward to this series, and can't wait to see what Ash will catch this saga. I do hope he gets himself a decent team, maybe as far as the starters go, they should pull a Hoenn and have one character own each starter. But I'm alright if Ash gets two of them, since I know what happens if he catches all 3, only one will evolve.

And if the pacing is not too long but also not too short I may find my new fave saga in this.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023

Isn't the episode where the "Farewells" are given coming up? They were supposed to be leaving, as for the why they are there, that's what I remember seeing when they decided to accompany Ash to Kanto. I guess I have misread about them leaving though. I stopped watching when the Dekora Arc started. Don't really care for fillers.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
That hat is def a super cute cross between Red's and Calem's. <3

Xander said:
Isn't the episode where the "Farewells" are given coming up? They were supposed to be leaving, as for the why they are there, that's what I remember seeing when they decided to accompany Ash to Kanto. I guess I have misread about them leaving though. I stopped watching when the Dekora Arc started. Don't really care for fillers.
There was a teaser in a magazine a few months ago suggesting that a party member would be leaving, but that was at the beginning of Decolora when Mijumaru was being hinted at leaving. I mean I'm sure there's going to be a goodbye episode because I'm still thinking Iris is going to take off with Clair. And Cilan will probably temporarily say goodbye to Ash, but I can see them meeting up in Kalos.

I'm still hoping that we'll have Cilan, Ash, and Serena as the main trio but have Tierno, Trevor, Shauna, and possibly Calem as another group travelling around. Because a) that would be cool b) it would invoke the sort of friendship vibe that XY seems to have between these guys c) it would bring back the recurring important characters that kind of flesh out the world more and d) if Tierno isn't in the anime I s2g I will break something.

Oh yeah and "Ash and Pikachu will start in Lumiose City in the Kalos region." I do wonder why they're starting out in the big city. I mean it's easy to boat into from the looks of the map- not that a landlocked starting town has stopped that before- but just dropping him right in by himself? How's that kid going to handle that at all? And where's he going to pick up his journeymates?

Nomine

サトセレ
Years
Heh, like everyone's been saying, Ash definitely stole Red's hat. Haha! Anyways, it's been that long since Black and White?! Time really flies by. I'm still stuck in the Diamond and Pearl days! Well, I'm looking forward to the new season!

Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
I'M SO HAPPY ABOUT THIS HOLY HELL. I mean considering they're sticking with the same art style as BW which seems to make everyone look pretty young... he seems to be doing the maturing thing again. Excellent. Also I want that outfit and wow if I was twelve I mean.....

If she's replaced with Serena I still want Serena to be darker because wow the darkest pallet that older XY teaser gave us was gorgeous on her. And continual diversity, hell yeah. Please let Cilan stay though asdfgh he's got so much character development to doooo.

essentially that up there

And Piks, honey, it's lovely that you support BW so much. It got me back into the anime and introduced one of my favourite characters ever, my OTP, and a bunch of darling secondary characters. Despite that, DP is objectively far superior in terms of story arcs, character development, and creative battling. But this certainly is not the thread for DP hate or BW fangasming. This thread is for XY news and speculation. Please keep on topic.

Ash's new outfit is really epic and the red hat fits him perfectly.

Hopefully Iris & Cilan will still be here when the X&Y series starts, hopefully Ash will most likely have all 3 of the Kalos starters, because this will make the series even more better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back