• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Video Games DCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
Holy... thats insane. But i can see that going down eventually when the PS4 and the Xbox One gets released

One in Japan? Uh, the 360 has been selling in the hundreds for years. Not thousands, not hundreds of thousands- hundreds. This week, the 360 sold less than 360 units. On a week without any releases, like last week, the 3DS sold more than the 360 in the last 21 months. The Vita, which is considered a modest failure, has sold in a year and a half more than the 360 in its entire lifespan in Japan. So no, One isn't going to make Japanese players stop buying 3DSs. Specially since Microsoft's console is every bit as Amurricancentric as the 360 was. That can work in Europe, but in Japan? Absolute cultural clash.

And then I could argue than the 3DS, in 2 years, has sold more than the PS3 in its entire lifespan, sooo if anything, the PS4 could make a dent, but not cause the 3DS to "go down". Specially with Pokémon and a Zelda coming out by that time.

Bonus track:

3ds_vita_mh34tmef2.png

TY

One in Japan? Uh, the 360 has been selling in the hundreds for years. Not thousands, not hundreds of thousands- hundreds. This week, the 360 sold less than 360 units. On a week without any releases, like last week, the 3DS sold more than the 360 in the last 21 months. The Vita, which is considered a modest failure, has sold in a year and a half more than the 360 in its entire lifespan in Japan. So no, One isn't going to make Japanese players stop buying 3DSs. Specially since Microsoft's console is every bit as Amurricancentric as the 360 was. That can work in Europe, but in Japan? Absolute cultural clash.

And then I could argue than the 3DS, in 2 years, has sold more than the PS3 in its entire lifespan, sooo if anything, the PS4 could make a dent, but not cause the 3DS to "go down". Specially with Pokémon and a Zelda coming out by that time.

Ah i overlooked that it was about Japan. Apologies.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Hiroshi Yamauchi seems to have died today at the age of eighty-five. For those of you who don't know him, he is the former president of Nintendo. He was one of the people who steered Nintendo out of its dark ages and turned it into one of the biggest leaders in the gaming industry. If it wasn't for him, then Nintendo, which is most of our favorite video game publisher, might not even have existed today. And there probably would have been no such thing as Mario, Legend of Zelda, Star Fox, Super Smash Brothers, Kirby, or any of the other games made by Nintendo. According to this report, his funeral is set to take place this Sunday. He will definitely be missed. May he rest in peace.

Last edited:

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
Years
Like I told you on Twitter, this is a really neat feature but it's diminished a bit by the fact you still have to use a Wii controller. I know that it would be impossible to implement Wiimote controls on the gamepad, but for games that support the Classic Controller like Xenoblade or The Last Story, it would be amazing to be able to use the Gamepad to control them and play it...basically on a limited range portable system.

TY

Anyways it seems like Rockstar cant really handle GTA properly (but i cant blame them since millions of people will be using it, hence why its down already), i hope they fix it soon

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
Years
I heard something about GTA causing 360s released between "06 and "08 to crash because it's a large game file compared to others and the Xbox just can't handle it :P

TY

Well Online seems to work now for GTA, and its really fun to play aswell.
But still the story is so good too

CliCliW

Years
I wouldn't know, the only PS3/XBox I can access is my little Bro's, and I'm never gonna play that :P besides, I must save my moneys for X and Y :P and Skylanders. all the skylanders..

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I'm loving GTA Online so far. It's extremely addictive. I've spent nearly a total of five hours playing it today. xD One thing that I didn't like about it, however, is that it gave you some kind of a lag every five to ten minutes of gameplay. When you tried to move your player, it simply refused to move. It would still show the moving animation, though. I'm positive that it's got nothing to do with my connection, because my net connection is quite fast and is able to handle almost anything.

Has anyone else been experiencing the same issue?

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
Pretty much everyone has.

Rockstar kinda underestimated how popular the MP would be. The servers can only handle so many connections at once before they start acting up.

They have resolved most of the big issues, but it's still going to take some more time for all of the kinks to be worked out.

TY

I havent been experencing lag at all, mostly since i play solo or with friends.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Hm, so, the PS4 and Xbox One are coming out next month! Are you guys excited, or, wishing to get the consoles?

TY

Not really... Maybe im getting the PS4 eventually if the new games will only be for PS4 and Xbox One, but im sticking with my PS3 for now

CliCliW

Years
I think if the PS4 was infinitely backward compatible then great! I'd love to get it! But seeing as it isn't and I'm poor, I doubt I'll even think about it :P

I think DavidtheDeadPhilosopher is right, just buy a super awesome gaming computer and use steam. It's better and friendlier and THERE'S NO F***ING NEXT GEN CONSOLE-ING COMING OUT EVERY 6 F***ING MONTHS. Not to mention the Steam Box that's coming soon enough!

For those who don't know about the Steam Box: http://www.techradar.com/news/gaming/valve-steam-box-release-date-news-and-features-1127072

TY

I agree with that aswell, especially since PC is more suitable for RTS games than the consoles, so i also focus on getting a better PC than i have now

TY

Steam does have most of the games i like in its store, but they dont have my favorite games except for Borderlands and Terraria xD

Yet i launch them from steam anyways

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back