• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
First, welcome CJ! I would recommend looking at some of the rps already going on. Look at the lounge to see how to set up your own roleplay. When you submit the OOC thread you will need to talk about basic stuff like the setting, history, sign ups, etc. Depending on what else the roleplay has you can add important NPCs or other stuff that will be in the roleplay that the rpers will need to know. For introducing the league masters, you would do that on the thread you make and explain who they are to the rpers. If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask.

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
First, welcome CJ! I would recommend looking at some of the rps already going on. Look at the lounge to see how to set up your own roleplay. When you submit the OOC thread you will need to talk about basic stuff like the setting, history, sign ups, etc. Depending on what else the roleplay has you can add important NPCs or other stuff that will be in the roleplay that the rpers will need to know. For introducing the league masters, you would do that on the thread you make and explain who they are to the rpers. If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask.

What he said.

I'm the moderator here and I warmly welcome you to our humble abode. d:

Also, check out the rules section! Because you never know if we do things differently until you read them. d:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Welcome to the forums! I'm-- WHOOPS WRONG SECTION. D:

Welcome to the Roleplay Corner, CJ. :D I think Greiger, the poster above me summed up quite perfectly on how to get started on your first roleplay. I myself am working on my first roleplay as well. :3 You are more than welcome to ask any questions you may have, either here in this thread, to our AMAZINGLY AWESOME mod Skymin, the roleplay regulars, as well as myself! :) I wish you the best of luck diving into what it is an amazing roleplay community, and I look forward to see you around the corner! :)

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
Welcome to the roleplay corner CJ! :) if there's anything you need to ask you can ask all of us! ;D we will happily answer :)

Raveness

Champion
Years
  • Seen Jul 3, 2012
[SIZE="a"]Hey everybody, my rp Jade needs people! So please join? Pwease? I'll be your best friend!

Jade[/SIZE]

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I've been looking at the non-Pokémon RPs in the IC section, and since I haven't been here long I was wondering a few things:

Are you interested in non-Pokémon roleplay? Do you only join Pokémon roleplays?

What is your favourite non-Pokémon roleplay?

Would you like to see more original, non-Pokémon roleplays on PC? Or are you interested in roleplays based off other programs/games (IE Elite Killer's Elder Scrolls RP)?

Any feedback would be great!

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years

I typically join Pokemon roleplays, primarily because... well... that was the idea behind coming here.

Would you like to see more original, non-Pokémon roleplays on PC? Or are you interested in roleplays based off other programs/games (IE Elite Killer's Elder Scrolls RP)?

Not really. We seem to have quite a large selection of them already. Y'know, I think I'm pretty chill with how things are right now, actually.

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
Years

Generally, no. The reason I roleplay here is because of the Pokémon roleplays. I mean if I see a solidly done ancient history roleplay then by all means I'm game. But anything else is not really interesting to me.

I'd love a killer ancient history roleplay haha. But yes, besides that it's just not my thing.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
Are you intressed in non-Pokémon roleplays? Do you join them?

Yes i am intressed in them and i do join them :)

can someone give me discriptions of the current roleplays that accept members? :) i still want to join one, just one because i have to work the rest of the week ^^ (except sunday, friday only from 5 pm to 9 pm) unless i'm really intressed in two then i'll consider joining two

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
I enjoy both Pokemon and non-Pokemon RPs. I mostly join Pokemon RPs, but that's because most of the plots for the non-Pokemon ones don't catch my interest, or I don't know very much about the series or game that it takes place in.

I haven't joined many non-Pokemon RPs on PC, but there is a Zelda RP I joined on another forum called Skyloft Historia: A Crimson Destiny that I've enjoyed quite a bit.

I'd definitely like to see more non-Pokemon RPs. Though Pokemon RPs tend to have good plots, it's nice to take a break from RPing ONLY in the Pokemon World.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022

I tend to join both, if they have good plots. I'm basically interested in both.

Hyrus As of now, it would probably be Atlantis Arising. Good stuff.

I enjoy seeing original non-Pokemon roleplays. But I also like roleplays based off other programs/games as well. Again, it really depends on the plot (and in some cases GM) for me. Truthfully, any RP can be great with a good plot and the right people guiding it.

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Well, I'm back for some much needed RPing.

Actually, I prefer non-Pokemon RPs.

Uhh, I've only returned yesterday so I don't really know. I like mystical, fantasy type stuff if that helps ya.

I looove original ones they are the most fun, in my opinion of course. I'm not really sure what Elder Scrolls is but if it has an interesting plot I'm likely to join it.

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
Years
Some shameless advertisement for my roleplay here ... Litany is missing one player. Genre: high fantasy, original world. Kindly apply if interested! (It was moving slowly for quite a while... my fault. =[ )

And also to supply some of my own answers to those three recent questions.

Quality is my most important criterion. That, and whether I have a concept ready to deploy (... yeah ...).

Mine obviously I have no idea.

I am ambivalent. It depends on the interests of the people; if more gamemasters are willing to create non-Pokemon roleplays, then so be it, and the reverse is the same.

Last edited:

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2022

Yes I actually join strictly non-pokemon roleplays. I personally love Pokemon roleplays, but at some point I lost interest in the new generation pokemon games, so I don't have all the new pokemon memorized. This makes it pretty difficult to formulate a good team in Pokemon roleplays these days, so I'm just unable to join pokemon roleplays because they're filled with mysterious creatures I don't recognize LOL. If there were a Hoenn generation or below only RP, I'd consider it if the quality was high enough!

It's a dA group roleplay based on the Legend of Korra called Republic City. But I'm sure that's not what this is asking, on PC my favorite non-Pokemon roleplay is easily YZ.

Uhh I don't particularly care, since I don't really have time to join any RP's unless they're of mind-blowing quality or if it's a fandom I'm really really into at the moment. If I apply to your RP you can bet I was impressed to mars and back! *thumbs up*

This will probably sounds like a very stupid question...

*Deep Breath*
Buuuuuuut

I'm looking to join an RP. I used to get involved with tons when I was a regular poster here about 5 years ago, but the whole system seems to have changed. I've re-read the rules, and the huge thread on RP Etiquette, but the one thing I can't seem to work out is how to sign up, I've looked down pretty much the whole list (Excluding ones with tons of posts that are obviously filled up and well into production) But even the threads with 1-10 posts don't have the sign up sheet on the front page.

I'm guessing I'm just confused cos back in the day when I was here more, an RP would begin on the same thread that had the sign ups at the beginning, whereas it looks to me now that once sign ups are complete they are deleted and the first post in the GM opening the story?

Assuming this is correct, the only reason I can't find an RP to sign up for is because there currently aren't any xD

But some clarification on this would be appreciated!

Holy crap Baker I haven't seen you in... a year has it been? IDK if you even recognize me LOL

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
I'm back from a terribly long internet hiatus! I'm catching back up to what I have been missing, but it seems fairly easy to find my place again.

That said, I'd like to re-plug and request some RPers to join my RP:

(Click it)

We need some spots for Sacred Fire, about two or three should cut it. Once we have it evened out on each side, the RP will begin, and sign-ups will still be accepted.

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
I'd just like to post an advanced apology to those waiting patiently for the RPA results. They are very close to confirmation, the Elite Six just has to iron out the last few. You guys made it difficult for us!

So please, just be a little more patient. We'll announce them when we are 100% sure of our winners. :)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Already submitted my very first roleplay. :D I *think* I might be missing something because I was up at midnight working on it. D: If all goes well, then I'll be advertising it. xD

Also, I was about to VM you about that, Skyrim. xD Dang...is the competition that tough?

Anyways, while I'm here...I was busy doing other things so Imma catch up on the topics.

I think Pokemon Roleplays are the only things that keep me liking Pokemon at this time. Without roleplaying, I'd probably have lost my interest in the franchise. It's a good thing that I found something to do to keep my "childhood" alive while plugged into what I do best: writing.

As of right now I join Pokemon roleplays. I kinda don't feel like I'm at the level where I can join non-Pokemon roleplays, I'd rather wait till I've advanced enough to join in.

I won't join as of now, but I'd love to see more of them just to follow. The work done by the many roleplayers out there (including Litany: A Song of Worlds) is just amazing. This section needs more threads and stories like that.

Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2012
Looking for a Roleplay partner

Hello im looking for a roleplay partner to do a simple one on one traveling rivalry or something if your interested pm :)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I'm just gonna go ahead and do this:

My first revival Roleplay, The Pokemon Hunger Games is now live and accepting RPers, regardless of experience! You don't need to have read the books or watch the movie to join this roleplay. The concept is quite simple. ;) So, why not join!

/lolshamelessadvertisingiamawesomeamirite?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back