• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2012 Survivor's Party @ Drakow's House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
But then someone will be stuck with all the toys and then you go "so what do I do with all of this stuff now D:"

I'm certainly having that problem with my old toys myself... and no siblings to share the burden with haha.

Years
I am REALLY glad you're 23 or else I'd feel like I was old for knowing what they are. :| lol.

Pogs were so cool. They were like these round flat little things that you collected, and they had different designs and styles on them, and some were holographic and stuff. They were like Pokemon cards. XD
Speaking of old, I'd actually forgotten that those things existed. :( Then again, I don't think they were as popular in my town as in other places, possibly (as I recall, I do remember seeing some around but it wasn't some omg huge craze). My town was kind of slow in picking up certain things back then.

(Never got into Minecraft, or played it at all, but I'd also say that it wins over Legos because you can't step on any of those blocks. Ohhh, the pain.)

Heck, forget now, I'd say toys have been on the decline for years and years. When I was a kid, I recall wanting to play my video games over anything else. Toys? Action figures? Nah, can I play my SNES instead?

Years
I'm flashing back to that sad scene in Toy Story 3.

Toys won't ever go away though since they're good for kids developmentally. Or something like that. Screens are really bad for them.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I kind of want to go home now and play with my brother's LEGOs. Thanks guys.

Toys do seem to be 'going out of style', but yeah, they'll always be around. There will (hopefully) always be parents who believe that it's not wise to grow your kids up on pure technology. Go outside! Play! Make a meal with the fake kitchen and fake plastic food down in the playroom! Y'know, that sort of thing.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
The biggest memory that I have of Lego actually involves the doctors' office. While I had Lego as a kid, I can always remember really liking going to the doctors either as a patient, or accompanying my mother/brother/father, because there was a massive Lego set in the waiting room. I'd make all these massive sculptures and I would be so happy. Pure unadulterated happiness. :D

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
No really, Lego is much more awesome than Minecraft if you ignore the money aspect. Like, which is more awesome... I honestly think that the reason why toys fade out in favor of apps and whatnot on computers is because digital entertainment cost less and doesn't take up so much space.

This is cool and all...

But THIS is epic!

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
Been over 6 hours since the last post in this thread.

I R disappoint.

I've always wanted to get a Lego Mindstorm set.

#isthenumbersign
Years
The biggest memory that I have of Lego actually involves the doctors' office. While I had Lego as a kid, I can always remember really liking going to the doctors either as a patient, or accompanying my mother/brother/father, because there was a massive Lego set in the waiting room. I'd make all these massive sculptures and I would be so happy. Pure unadulterated happiness. :D
Haha same with me! I'd always be sad when they called me in because I'd have to disassemble my awesome creations.

Years
Lmao. Nick you would use something called "Fierce." :P

Old spice is where it's at baby. Denali. 8)

Denali is one of their better scents. I prefer Fiji, though.

No really, Lego is much more awesome than Minecraft if you ignore the money aspect. Like, which is more awesome... I honestly think that the reason why toys fade out in favor of apps and whatnot on computers is because digital entertainment cost less and doesn't take up so much space.

This is cool and all...

But THIS is epic!

That Lego stuff is quite impressive. There's also the fact that they require considerably more physical dexterity and flexibility to make that stuff without breaking it accidentally.

I must be the only person who didn't care for legos

Nah. I enjoyed them, but I know of a person or two who wasn't really interested in them as a kid.

Ice Car

Banned
Years
I don't know if this is considered off topic or not, but I can't say I like the way the Chat Thread is on this forum. I realize you can't have everyone changing the topic every post, but I find it extremely difficult to jump in and just talk about the topic at hand. It's usually something I can't really talk about and it's less of a chat thread, but more of a discussion about a topic. I don't even think that made sense, but whatever.

It's easier to jump in and more free-form if you can change the topic whenever you want or whenever you feel appropriate, or just post something and if the topic changes, it will, but if it doesn't, oh well.

(This is probably going to get deleted for being off-topic. Bleh.)

Ice Car

Banned
Years
No, you're fine. I understand what you're saying and I agree to an extent, but that's one of the reasons why we have clubs. They're like separate DCC threads for individual topics and they're less hectic than DCC.

The problem with not having a rule about changing the subject is that if we didn't have it, we'd have a whole bunch of different people holding a dozen different conversations and it'd be way too hard to keep track of. :/
I see where you're coming from. I have a thread like this on another forum but it's a lot more bearable because it's much more of a secret club where all the regulars (just a small group of forum veterans, pretty much) just hang out and watch and laugh at the rest of the forum, whereas here I can see why.

I've also never really checked out clubs because it seems like a real hassle to join and there doesn't seem to be much purpose to joining other than the novelty of having joined a club.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
Years
You can talk with people who share the same interests and/or mindset as you though - I think that's the main draw of joining a club.

Also, on the old topic, I loved Legos as a kid but I didn't have that many. They were/are so freaking expensive. :|

Ice Car

Banned
Years
I was going to post about how I was totally ****ed going against the Elite Four with my current team, but don't even know what kind of club that would fall under anyway. Or thread of any kind. :/

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Regarding lego...

Ice Car said:
I don't know if this is considered off topic or not, but I can't say I like the way the Chat Thread is on this forum. I realize you can't have everyone changing the topic every post, but I find it extremely difficult to jump in and just talk about the topic at hand. It's usually something I can't really talk about and it's less of a chat thread, but more of a discussion about a topic. I don't even think that made sense, but whatever.

It's easier to jump in and more free-form if you can change the topic whenever you want or whenever you feel appropriate, or just post something and if the topic changes, it will, but if it doesn't, oh well.

(This is probably going to get deleted for being off-topic. Bleh.)

As Audy said, if we didn't have the rule then the conversation would get really disrupted and this'd end up turning into more a "Post Your Thoughts Right Now!" thread than anything else. The fact that the topic does change in this thread kinda goes to show that it's free-form, though. I definitely get where you're coming from and it's unfortunate that you find it hard to jump into the conversations here but it's for the best that we don't allow random topic changes.

Ice Car said:
I've also never really checked out clubs because it seems like a real hassle to join and there doesn't seem to be much purpose to joining other than the novelty of having joined a club.

From what I remember having joined like... a club, all I had to do was fill in a short form with my name, what I liked in particular about the subject the club discusses, and a couple of other things which idr now and that was it. I guess, if you only see the novelty of joining a club, then just think of it as a really big discussion rather than a club. Maybe you'll find you get more out of it approaching it that way.

Last edited:

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Ice Club, if you want to change a topic, all you'd need to do is say something about the topic at hand and then say "Let's switch the topic to ___" so it wont be seen as spam. Simple enough!

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
As Audy said, if we didn't have the rule then the conversation would get really disrupted and this'd end up turning into more a "Post Your Thoughts Right Now!" thread than anything else. The fact that the topic does change in this thread kinda goes to show that it's free-form, though. I definitely get where you're coming from and it's unfortunate that you find it hard to jump into the conversations here but it's for the best that we don't allow random topic changes.

See this is the purpose TCTI used to serve, for me at least. It was a total free for all regarding the topic.

If what was going on with you was interesting enough though, it'd generate a conversation; If not someone else's would.

It wasn't ever designed to be a place to chat though, so that's why it didn't really matter what you posted.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
And that's why I still love that thread :( It's like twitter but allowing you to write as much as you can.

But twitter is not the best way to keep a conversation, precisely, and that's the purpose of this thread so :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back