• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Ruby hack: Pokemon Giratina's Legend | 07-01-24

socko

[i]VERY ANGER!!![/i]
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 18, 2020
So What if it's overused? Isn't that how the torn world is supposed to look like?

Yea it is overused cuz those are the only torn world tiles there is. Don't need to get mad, I'm just pointing out that it is used alot.

Years
  • Seen yesterday
I'm back here with a small video where I show a small gameplay of hack :)
What happens:
After the consent of the mother we leave for our adventure and head to the lab, but we got there, the professor oak but his assistant tells you that he went to do some research in Route 1.
We head towards the path 1 when ...
ps: I apologize but the vba went to shots: (
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLSoih-CvIw
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
Your main player overworld sprite is incredibly rigid, they're meant to bob up and down as they move. Your guy looks ridiculous as his entire body moves except his head, kind of funny really, try imagining what that would look like in real life. I'd also suggest you fix up your mapping, the playability is awful.

socko

[i]VERY ANGER!!![/i]
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 18, 2020
Your main player overworld sprite is incredibly rigid, they're meant to bob up and down as they move. Your guy looks ridiculous as his entire body moves except his head, kind of funny really, try imagining what that would look like in real life. I'd also suggest you fix up your mapping, the playability is awful.

I agree that the Overworld is messed up, I've said that from the start, but I can't really see anything wrong with his mapping. Can you specify what you mean?

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
I agree that the Overworld is messed up, I've said that from the start, but I can't really see anything wrong with his mapping. Can you specify what you mean?
I think I made myself pretty clear. If you were to read my post again you'd see that I mentioned the playability of the maps. There is an abundance of one tile paths and diagonal movements which are a bore and horrible to play through.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
I might be a bit slow, and missed somethings, but lots of your updates are reminding me of Dark Cry; Legend of Giratina.

I've looked in your thread, you've even got ''The chosen One'' whom i presume is the only one capable of seeing giratina, like in Dark Cry, the tiles and areas are all too similar to Dark cry as well.

socko

[i]VERY ANGER!!![/i]
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 18, 2020
I think I made myself pretty clear. If you were to read my post again you'd see that I mentioned the playability of the maps. There is an abundance of one tile paths and diagonal movements which are a bore and horrible to play through.

Ohhh... that I agree on too. There is a difference between good mapping and bad playability. Some people just can't make sense of them both.

Years
  • Seen yesterday
What happens in BREACKWIND WOOD? Recruits Team Rocket want to do something to the poor wild pokemon? Or is there something else behind it?
2j1lb4n.png

Years
  • Seen Oct 16, 2021
From what we can see of the graveyard, the map looks very nice. Although, I think the trees you imported from LoZ should be recolor to be more in shade of grey as is the rest of the map. I think it could make the map looks ''more realistic'' without the gloyng trees.

Having the character sprite apprear when they talk remind me of Fire Emblem grames. I like it!

I really hope the plot of your hack will be as swet as your graphics because awsome graphics alone don't make a good hack.

Keep up your good work!

Piplup - Hacker

Scripter
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 2, 2014
You're doing great ~Andrea! Never give up on this, for the sake of the community c:
I'm loving the custom overworlds, they are sort of inspiration for me ^-^
You seem to be progressing well, so keep up the good work! :D

Years
  • Seen yesterday
Here I'm with a small update:
29751l.png

the screen we can see the inside of the the gym while the screen 2-3, I implement the semi-transparent textbox with the help of Pier ^^
But I need some advice on the gym, I'm not convinced at all on some advice tile and palette?

Years
  • Seen yesterday
3353uvs.png

What has happened:
After the incident happened at the lab and have spoken to your mother will have to go to collect information on Professor Oak.
You'll be in a location where one MEOWTH will take it with a small and helpless Vulpix which later joined the team as the first pokemon to accompany you in your adventure that awaits you.
As usual thank PIER who helped me solve a very annoying bug ^ ^

socko

[i]VERY ANGER!!![/i]
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 18, 2020
Dk why nobody have commented yet, I like the indoor tiles, they look in great quality.

Back