• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

5th Gen Numeva Town or Aspertia City?

Nuvema or Aspertia?

• Total voters

GarlandDaHero

Cute Noivern is Cute.
Years
Aspertia City by a mile. The first gym being in the first town of the game was a shocking and welcome feature, and your hometown being a city rather then a, well, town? Genius!

...the outlook was a bit disappointing, though.

Ace.

Love Yourself
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015
I prefer Aspertia but Nuvema comes really close. I like Aspertia City Better because it's different from other starting towns. It's actually a city! I also like the fact that theres a gym there instead of only houses and a lab. The scenery there was also really nice and the music was also good.

Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
Aspertia, I mean the town you start in is a gym city?! Awesome concept, great music, awesome scenary. I've started my game over just a few times; because I like Aspertia.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
I prefer Nuvema Town really, just because Aspertia City didn't have a Pokemon Lab. Strange, I know, but I just can't explain why haha

That's why I hated the starting town in DPP.

White Raven

Working on The Mysterious Meteorite
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 1, 2015
Asperia is the place, It reflects my childhood home.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
I really liked Aspertia because it was different than all of the other starting towns. It wasn't another Pallet Town (although I love Pallet Town). I liked the way the town is set up and I loved the view, which was beautiful and full of nature <3

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
Years
I'm more of a traditionalist; I like the town layout much more than a city layout for an opening locale (it feels smaller and more fitting for the beginning of a journey that takes you across the entirety of a region). So I'd have to go with Nuvema. Aspertia had its merits, I guess: a Pokemon Centre and slightly more "action". That's pretty much it though...

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2014
I honestly prefer Aspertia City, due to the music being better, plus the fact that there's a Gym and a Pokémon Center in it.

Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2021
Aspertia City was nice for a change, but I was VERY confused, and eventually put getting to Nuvema Town above beating Iris. I was just saying 'Bianca, I'M YOUR LIFE-LONG FRIEND WHY DON'T YOU REMEMBER ME?!' I wasn't aware that you were a different person.

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years
Aspertia is the better starting area. There was just so much more to do, rather than just get your first Pokemon, leave, and never come back. Nuvema was sort of boring compared to Aspertia, and there wasn't much of a point to it in B2W2 besides the PokeDex check and the nostalgia factor. I half expected to meet one of the main characters from the first BW. xD

Back