• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Common Types of Personality

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Couldn't decide on a good title for it. I've had this idea for an OVP CC&P thread while I was on leave, and this was inspired by a psychology class lecture. There are two common types of personality, Type A and Type B. One may have a little of both, another may not.

A Type A person can describe themselves as someone who's competitive, extremely organized, sensitive, cares for everything and everyone, and good multitaskers. They tend to get very impatient sometimes, and they are very crunchy on time. A good example for Type A people would be someone who doesn't handle change very well.

A Type B person can describe themselves as someone who's laid back, doesn't care about winning or competitiveness in general, and lacks organization. They tend to be very patient with things, and they tend to be slackers. According to my psychology professor, Type B people also tend to be pretty good at procrastination. A good example for Type B people would be someone who would wear casual clothing in a business meeting.

I answered this in an essay question in my previous exam. I'm more of a type B rather than a type A for numerous reasons. Although I do care for everyone, and I do tend to be a bit organized, that doesn't make me a full type A. I hate being competitive. I love to remain chill in terms of news, and I'm very good with adjusting to change. There will be times that I'll complain and whine about last minute changes, but in the end I'll get over it and be like "meh, whatever."

tl;dr: Type A personality = competitive & organized, Type B personality = laid back & patient. Which one are you? Type A or Type B or a little of both?

Crux

Evermore
Years
Interesting enough question I suppose.
To answer it, neither.
I can't be profiled so easily, I am not average.
Freakish maybe, but certainly not average!

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
Very type B person. I'm really lazy, and rarely ever care about my appearance in public places. (E.g. Shopping malls)

I love psychology, and since I'm going to finish my IGCSEs next year, I hope to take it a a course in college. With an A in Sociology, is it possible?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
I'm 50/50. I'm laid back, but I do care about winning and I'm slightly competitive. I don't feel that I lack organization, but I am incrediblyyyyy patient with things, so long as it isn't something that I'm excited for and I can be quite the slacker most of the time. I'm really rather sensitive and I care for others and things, and I think I'm a good multi-tasker.

Years
Is there no AB or some other letter? I'm competitive, though I don't like to be. I'm not extremely organized, but I like to be organized up to a point. I get impatient, but I'm not a good multitasker, although I'm a procrastinator and can be patient some of the time, but not others.

Username_9138

I'm competitive sometimes, but when it boils down to it I don't care if I win or lose. I'm organized to a point and with things I care about, but less important things fall to the wayside and systems usually crash. Again, I'm a huge procrastinator but I'm snippy when my TV show doesn't come on as soon as I would like it and I hate when I have to wait through 5 extra minutes of a show I don't care about. I'm a horrible multitasker and I care about everyone and everything. I can be laid back but I'm animated and energetic a lot too, and I like both hanging out with friends and charged (not heated) debate.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Im a bit of both types combined, but tend to be more the B type personality. I care for others and want to help which is part A type but I mostly have the B type traits.

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
Honestly a little of both, but more close to type A. I'm not organized but I can be competitive and admittedly a little sensitive. I can get impatient as well but it takes a while before I start to show it.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
These are pretty restrictive types. :P

I'm mainly type B, I guess? I used to be more of a type A but I've gotten more apathetic and passive about a lot of things as I got older. Probably the only thing from A that really applies to me is I'm good at multitasking. I just don't put that ability to good use. (I am procrastinating on my final assignment of the term in at least 4 different ways right now.)

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
I'm a bit of both but I'd say I'm closer to Type A. I am competitive I have to admit in all areas whether it'd be schoolwork or sporting events and I tend to make decisions hastily not considering the consequences. I can be impatient at times such as waiting through traffic jams or waiting for a huge announcement to be revealed. I also care for other people and their feelings, I try and help others feel better if I feel it's a right moment to step in, although if I know they want space I'll back off.

But despite all of these Type A qualities I can procrastinate quite a bit, an example is I'd tell myself firmly to complete an assignment after I got a snack and when I come back, I stare at my homework for a while and then say to myself "Nah I can handle this later", and leave it to the last day or so before it's due. I'm also a relaxed and laidback person at times and am hardly stressed, so yeah I'm half half.

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
Years
I am more of a B person but there are some things in A I am like I'm sensitive and I care for others.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I'm a mixture of both, leaning more towards B. I guess I'm a multitasker of sorts. I'm also sensitive and I do care a lot for everyone and everything, but I'm also quite laid back and I dislike competition. I'd rather go about doing stuff in my own pace rather than getting agitated because someone is faring better than I am (most of the time). I've witnessed for myself one of those times when everyone got so hyped up and I was like just sitting there so calmly, apparently not affected by the emotional atmosphere. Well, that's what others say anyways ahha. Oh, and I procrastinate and slack a LOT.

So, yup. I'm AB-typed. :P

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
This is as awkwardly restrictive (and possibly as ill-founded) as the Japanese blood type meme.
I'm closer to B, but am not laid-back and casual. I'm certainly calm, but 'laid-back' implies social warmness; while I am a nice person, I'm rather 'distant'.

Last edited:

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I think the people who are stressing over whether they're Type A or Type B and picking the flaws in the system are actually people who are Type A but don't want to be.

I'm definitely Type A. I try to be laid back but I care about little things that I shouldn't and they keep me up at night. There are some characteristics of each that fit, but I'm mostly Type A.

Everybody just pick a damn letter! :P

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Yeah, definitely type A is a lot like me- only I don't care for everyone; I care for the people who matter to me a lot though. Everything else about type A sounds a lot like me, though!

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Hmm...

A Type A person can describe themselves as someone who's competitive, extremely organized, sensitive, cares for everything and everyone, and good multitaskers. They tend to get very impatient sometimes, and they are very crunchy on time. A good example for Type A people would be someone who doesn't handle change very well.

A Type B person can describe themselves as someone who's laid back, doesn't care about winning or competitiveness in general, and lacks organization. They tend to be very patient with things, and they tend to be slackers. According to my psychology professor, Type B people also tend to be pretty good at procrastination. A good example for Type B people would be someone who would wear casual clothing in a business meeting.

I think I'm the things in bold.

Like Kura, I certainly do not care about everything and everyone though. I care about myself and those near and dear to me. I'm also not particularly competitive.

SoulSilver10112

George the Poliwag
Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2013
I'm a mixture of type A and B. Like type A, I am extremely sensitive towards others, great at multitasking, I also have a competitive streak when it comes to certain things. Like type B, I am usually very relaxed and laid back, I also procastinate a lot, I prefer casual clothes and I actually have worn sweatpants to a wedding before.

Back