• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald: My Team for the third gym

Emerald_Fire

(Insert Espurr meme here)
Years
  • Seen Mar 14, 2014
Hi, people! :)
I'm having trouble beating the third gym leader in Pokemon Emerald.
Here's my team:

Combusken Level 26
Double Kick
Peck
Focus Energy
Ember
No Item

Aron Level 20
Metal Claw
Iron Defense
Mud-slap
Headbutt
Soft Sand

Lombre Level 24
Astonish
Fake Out
Absorb
Nature Power
No Item

Ralts Level 20
Growl
Confusion
Double Team
Teleport
No Item

Gulpin Level 20
Pound
Amnesia
Poison Gas
Sludge
No Item

Geodude Level 7 (Training it, due to Rock/Ground typing)
Tackle
Defense Curl
Mud Sport
--
No Item

I need suggestions. Is using a Geodude to avoid Electric damage wise? Should I evolve my Ralts? Should I add some other Pokemon? Help me please.

Halfcadence

Monocolorist
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 2, 2023
Leveling up your Geodude is easily your best bet. Get it to at least Lv. 16 (when it learns Magnitude) and you'll most likely be set. The only thing you'd have to worry about is confusion for Supersonics and Magneton's Sonicboom, but that'd be easy to heal off since you know it's always going to do 20. Plus you have Combusken to come in on Magneton and get some nice super-effective damage off if Geodude gets into troube. Hope this helps :)

Emerald_Fire

Years
  • Seen Mar 14, 2014
Thanks. I managed to get to Flannery (going to fight her next), and my Graveler is now tied for second-strongest with my Combusken.

Now my only question is:
Should I evolve me Ralts? It's level 24, fyi.

Emerald_Fire

Years
  • Seen Mar 14, 2014
I want it to learn a few moves earlier, so it's staying a Ralts.
Also, it's Male, so...
Yeah.

Back