• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Epic Rain Stall team.

What do you think of this team?

• One of the best I've ever seen!

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Very good!

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Average

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Not very good.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • One of the worst!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Slugger57

Noble 6
Years
This is my first attempt at a rain stall team, but I have been working on it for a couple months. ANY advice is appreciated. I would also like some advice on my nicknames and what I should name the overall team.

Frogger (Politoed) @Leftovers
Nature: Sassy
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP/ 200 Def/ 56 Sp.def
IVs: 0 Spd.
-Scald
-Encore
-Toxic
-Protect

DrizzleToed for very, very obvious reasons. Encore really destroyes things that use boosting moves. Toxic to cripple things, and Protect to stall out toxic damage and gain lefties recovery. Sassy and 0 Spd. IVs so it's slower than TTar and sets it's weather up after TTar.

SPIKE (Ferrothorn) @Leftovers/Rocky helmet
Nature: Careful
Ability:Iron barbs
EVs: 252 HP/ 196 Sp.Def/ 60 Def
-Leech seed
-T-wave
-Stealth rock
-Power whip

Ferrothorn is an awesome pokemon with resistances to grass and electric. Two types that are a pain to rin stall. Stealth rock to add to the risidual damgae they take when switching in, and T-wave ruins fast seepers. Lefties for more recovery with leech seed, or rocky helmet to punish physical attackers and rapid spinners. The EV spread is to make him a mixed wall, capable of switching in on physical and special attacks.

Da Krakken (Tentacruel) @Leftovers/ Black sludge
Nature: Bold
Ability: Rain dish
EVs: 252 HP/ 240 Def/ 16 Spd.
-Surf
-T-spikes
-Rapid spin
-Protect/ Ice beam

Tentacruel is a very good T-spiker and Rapid spinner, plus his ability to immediatly absorb Toxic spikes is VERY helpful. Black sludge punishes any pokemon that uses trick, and also is good for recovery. But I'm not sure which recovers more, Lefties or Black sludge. If Leftovers does recover more I'll probably go with it.

Ruby (Latias) @Leftovers
Nature: Timid
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Spd./ 6 Sp.Def
-Dragon pulse
-Calm mind
-Substitute
-Recover

CM Latias is one awesome pokemon! It's able to absorb a lot of attacks with it's resistances, and after a 2 or 3 Calm minds it becomes an amazing special wall, and a really good sweeper. It's even won CM battles against Suicune, Reniculus, Virizion, and it really gets me out of a pinch sometimes. It's key resistances to Electric, Grass, Fighting, Fire, and more plus it's immunity to ground is icing on the cake!

Stain buster (Rotom-W) @Choice scarf
EVs: 252 Spd./ 252 Sp.Atk/ 6 HP
-Volt switch
-Hydro pump
-Hidden power (Ice)
-Trick

Rotom-W is a really awesome scout and sweeper with a choice scarf, and tricking it onto another pokemon can really cripple that pokemon. It also can counter pokemon like Landorus and Gliscor most of the time. It's my only pokemon with a flying resistance, which means it is the only pokemon of mine that could swich in on a Hurrican from Tornadus without taking massive damage.

Mushroom Man (Parasect) @Leftovers
Ability: Dry skin
EVs: 252 HP/
-Leech seed
-Substitute
-X-scissor
-Spore

Paarasect is one of the MOST ANNOYING pokemon to face under rain! Spore has 100% accuracy and can pretty much take a pokemon out of the match with the new sleep mechanics. Leech seed, Leftovers, and Dryskin recovers an insane amount of health. In fact, with all this recovery, parasect actually recovers more health than he uses when using substitute.

Well, that's my rain team. Please let me know what you think.

Last edited:
Years
Hi there.

Alright, well you only need 10 Speed IVs on Toed, with a Relaxed Nature, which assures your weather will come into effect if you lead Toed. Toed also wants Perish Song over Encore, to stop last Pokemon sweeps.

Ferrothorn wants this set

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
252 HP/48 Def/208 SDef
Relaxed Nature
-Leech Seed
-Spikes
-Stealth Rock
-Gyro Ball/Power Whip

Every stall team needs Spikes and Ferro brings them, this team is no exception.

Finally, Tentacruel will do a bit better with Undisputed's EVs, and use Protect over Ice Beam.

Tentacruel (M) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 208 Def / 4 SDef / 44 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Protect
- Rapid Spin

As for other team options, I think that while helpful, Latias can't really fit in on a Rain Stall team, I reccomend using Eviolite Chansey instead, with the following EVs.

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Protect
- Wish

With the following EVs, you will never be 2HKO'd by +6 NP Bi Giga Drain, and Psychic has like a 2% chance of 2HKO.

Next, I think you should use Gliscor as your main defensive wall, as it beats numerous Physical Threats.

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 240 HP / 248 Def / 20 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Protect
- Taunt

Finally, there are a lot of potential choices as to what you'll run in the last slot, I've used Bronzong, Latias, Quagsire and Gyarados, all of which help the team quite a bit, it's really personal preference/which threats you want to beat.

Good luck!

Slugger57

Noble 6
Years
Cool, thx for the sudgestions. I like your ferro set. I couldn't choose between SR or spikes, and T-wave isn't really working out for me, so I'm gonna change it to what you sudgested. I've tried chansey and gliscor, and they both rule. I'll try them out and see how they work with the team. I'm not so sure about replacing encore on Toed, it's really helped me with pokes who think they can get a free boosting move in. But P-song does ruin BP chains, and forces boosting sweepers out like encore, so I'll give it a try. In the last slot I think I'll try Jirachi or Bronzong. Or maybe latias. Thx for all your help dude!

Edit: Oops. I forgot ferrothorn can't learn Leech seed, spikes, and stealth rock all on the same set. There isn't any pokemon that can learn those three and pass them onto him as an egg move.

Last edited:
Years
Cool, thx for the sudgestions. I like your ferro set. I couldn't choose between SR or spikes, and T-wave isn't really working out for me, so I'm gonna change it to what you sudgested. I've tried chansey and gliscor, and they both rule. I'll try them out and see how they work with the team. I'm not so sure about replacing encore on Toed, it's really helped me with pokes who think they can get a free boosting move in. But P-song does ruin BP chains, and forces boosting sweepers out like encore, so I'll give it a try. In the last slot I think I'll try Jirachi or Bronzong. Or maybe latias. Thx for all your help dude!

Edit: Oops. I forgot ferrothorn can't learn Leech seed, spikes, and stealth rock all on the same set. There isn't any pokemon that can learn those three and pass them onto him as an egg move.

Stealth Rock can be learned on Chansey, so you could give it to that over Wish, although Ferro won't be able to live as long. At any rate, Parasect and Rotom-W are easy outclassed on a Rain Stall team.

If you want a Scarfer, then use Politoed, it's actually a pretty great Scarfer.

Politoed @ Choice Scarf
4 HP/252 SpA/252 Speed
Modest Nature [You will be doing next to no damage with Jolly, 358 is a nice speed tier to be in, too]
-Hydro Pump
-Focus Blast
-Ice Beam
-Hidden Power Grass/Perish Song

I go with Perish Song as the final move, because I outspeed every CM Sweeper in the game, barr Alakazam and can just Sing them away and end the match, Hidden Power Grass doesn't really hurt stuff anyways.

Since you now have Scarf Toed, I reccomend replacing Rotom-W with Quagsire.

Quagsire @ Leftovers
248 HP/212 Def/44 SpD
Relaxed Nature
-Scald
-Earthquake
-Recover
-Toxic/Stockpile

Finally, just replace Parasect with Gliscor as instructed, so that you can check a myriad Physical threats and form a core with Chansey/Quagsire that opponents will be hard-pressed to break.

Oh, and use either Surf or Roar over Sub on Latias, it will definitely help the team a lot more.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Stealth Rock can be learned on Chansey, so you could give it to that over Wish, although Ferro won't be able to live as long.
Stealth Rock is indeed a good move to use on Chansey, though you shouldn't replace her only reliable recovery. ;( Wish is easily the most useful move on Chansey's entire moveset. I'd much rather drop Protect and if you think that's really essential then maybe Toxic, but really Wish should be the last thing on Chansey's moveset to be replaced imo. I'm no master of rain stall but I think reliable recovery for potentially every Pokemon on the team is something that shouldn't be passed up.

Slugger57

Noble 6
Years
Yeah, I agree that wish is impossible to pass up on chansey. I would like to run Stealth rock on chansey, but I think my team might need heal bell more. But I'll test it on PO and see how it works.

So, karpman, if I'm reading your sudgestions right, then you think I should run these sets.

Politoed @choice scarf
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 Spd./ 252 Sp.Atk/ 4 HP
-Hydro pump
-Ice beam
-Focus blast
-Perish song/ HP Grass

Chansey @Eviolite
Ability: Natrul cure
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Def./ 4 Sp.def
-Toxic
-Wish
-Stealth rock
-Protect/ Seismic toss

Gliscor @Toxic orb
Nature: Impish
Ability: Poisen heal
EVs: 240 HP/ 248 Def./ 20 Spd.
-EQ
-Ice fang
-Taunt
-Protect

Quagsire @Leftovers
Nature: Relaxed
Ability: Unnaware
EVs: 252 HP/ 212 Def/ 44 Sp.Def
-Toxic/ Stockpile
-Recover
-Scald
-EQ

Latias @Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Spd./ 4 Sp.def
-Recover
-Dragon pulse
-Calm mind
-Surf/ Roar

Ferrothorn @Rocky helmet
Ability: Iron barbs
EVs: 252 HP/ 208 Sp.def/ 48 Def.
-Leech seed
-Spikes
-Power whip/ Gyro ball
-Protect

Tentacruel @Black sludge
EVs: 252 HP/ 208 Def/ 44 Spd./ 4 Sp.def
-Toxic spikes
-Rapid spin
-Protect
-Scald

These sets you've sudgested look great, but which six of these seven pokemon do I use? I think I should probably use either Chansey or Latias, instead of both since they can both act as a special wall. And I'm slightly considering Gastrodon over Quagsire, since it can absorb water type attacks to get a +1 Sp.Atk boost. But then again, so could Latias and Chansey. And Unnaware on Quagsire could really help stop boosting sweepers, especially Thunderus. I also think I will use Swords dance over taunt on Gliscor, because taunt hasn't really been useful for me, and I find that Gliscor doesn't hit as hard as I need him to without it. I like the idea of using P-song on Scarf politoed. I'm sure that would really suprise the foe. XD Thx for all your help with this team!

Years
Yeah, I agree that wish is impossible to pass up on chansey. I would like to run Stealth rock on chansey, but I think my team might need heal bell more. But I'll test it on PO and see how it works.

So, karpman, if I'm reading your sudgestions right, then you think I should run these sets.

Politoed @choice scarf
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 Spd./ 252 Sp.Atk/ 4 HP
-Hydro pump
-Ice beam
-Focus blast
-Perish song/ HP Grass

Chansey @Eviolite
Ability: Natrul cure
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Def./ 4 Sp.def
-Toxic
-Wish
-Stealth rock
-Protect/ Seismic toss

Gliscor @Toxic orb
Nature: Impish
Ability: Poisen heal
EVs: 240 HP/ 248 Def./ 20 Spd.
-EQ
-Ice fang
-Taunt
-Protect

Quagsire @Leftovers
Ability: Unnaware
EVs: 252 HP/ 212 Def/ 44 Sp.Def
-Toxic/ Stockpile
-Recover
-Scald
-EQ

Latias @Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Spd./ 4 Sp.def
-Recover
-Dragon pulse
-Calm mind
-Surf/ Roar

Ferrothorn @Rocky helmet
Ability: Iron barbs
EVs: 252 HP/ 208 Sp.def/ 48 Def.
-Leech seed
-Spikes
-Power whip/ Gyro ball
-Protect

Tentacruel @Black sludge
EVs: 252 HP/ 208 Def/ 44 Spd./ 4 Sp.def
-Toxic spikes
-Rapid spin
-Protect
-Scald

These sets you've sudgested look great, but which six of these seven pokemon do I use? I think I should probably use either Chansey or Latias, instead of both since they can both act as a special wall. And I'm slightly considering Gastrodon over Quagsire, since it can absorb water type attacks to get a +1 Sp.Atk boost. But then again, so could Latias and Chansey. And Unnaware on Quagsire could really help stop boosting sweepers, especially Thunderus. I also think I will use Swords dance over taunt on Gliscor, because taunt hasn't really been useful for me, and I find that Gliscor doesn't hit as hard as I need him to without it. I like the idea of using P-song on Scarf politoed. I'm sure that would really suprise the foe. XD Thx for all your help with this team!

Looks good, although I think you should take the route of IR and use Dragonite over Latias/Gliscor. While Gliscor is great on Rain Stall, Politoed can check and defeat most of the threats that it beats. Anyhow, here's the set for Dragonite.

Dragonite @ Leftovers
252 HP | 108 SpAtk | 148 SpDef
Calm Nature
-Dragon Tail
-Hurricane
-Roost
-Thunder

No problem and good luck!

Slugger57

Noble 6
Years
The set looks good, except for the fact that I'll have to combat Sun and Sandstorm teams in which thunder and hurricane will be almost useless. And if I'm going to choose him over gliscor, then what physical wall do I have outside of quagsire? I haven't tested Quag yet, so I'm not sure how he absorbs physical attacks with the EV spread you gave him, but it looks like it should work to some extent. I was thinking maybe a Dragonite like this.

Dragonite @Life orb
Nature: Quite/ Rash
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk./ 252 Sp.Atk/ 4 Spd
-Aqua tail
-Extremespeed
-Hurricane
-Roost/ Brick break

This is a smogon set that I tested for a while, and found that it worked kind of well. Whatever set I go with, I would like to try and include extremespeed, becuase no other party members of mine have a priority move, the closest being scarf politoed. But then again, it might not be that important.

Or maybe this one

Dragonite @Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Sp.Def/ 4 Spd
-Dragon tail
-Substitute
-Roost
-T-wave

This set has the potential to do very well, but T-wave would probably conflict with Toxic spikes. The idea is to use thunder wave on the pokemon you're battling (provided it isn't a ground type) and then, since you will probably outspeed them, you can use roost to get multiscale up for their attack. Then you keep using roost until they are unable to move due to paralysis, and then you can use either sub or Dragon tail.

Well anyway, I'll do some testing with your set and see how it works. Thx again for your help!

Last edited:
Back