• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Hyetology

Do you mind corrupted music (I'll fix it later)?

• No - I mute VBA's volume anyway

Votes: 664 55.6%
  • No - I can deal with it for now

Votes: 263 22.0%
  • Yes - I won't play if the music is corrupted

Votes: 54 4.5%
  • Yes - It'll kinda ruin it for me :/

Votes: 213 17.8%

• Total voters

hinkage

Everyone currently in an argument with this member
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
I have good news and bad news.

Bad news:
Sorry guise, but I'm going to have to delay the release for this game. No excuses -- there's just too much to do and not enough time, I think. New projected release date is August 24. It could be sooner though. Sorry :(

Good news:
I've completely updated the OP, including new screenshots.

wilso

Grass Master
Years
only a few more weeks i guess ill think of it as a late b day present :3 btw love the new screenshots

Asuf

Dragon Tamer
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 24, 2012
Take all the time you need, you can never put a release date on a hack since you never know whats going to happen in my view...
I'm liking the new screens though! Finished your first hack which I enjoyed, need to find a suitable Emerald rom for the second though, anyways keep at it. :)

Years
  • Seen Jun 6, 2014
This looks awesome man. I'd suggest you mod the "hero" sprites but I've always liked the white haired guy.. maybe mod the girl sprite? Also hoping there are fakemon and scenery in the battle screens. Would loved to have seen this in Beta form.
Though I must disagree with you on scripting / mapping. I find the former takes no thought and the latter to require creativity, regardless.. good stuff!

LightOfTruth

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 16, 2020
I be following this thread as the hack looks great. Just a question, Is it possible to release new screen-shots per week to show process of the hack before the beta or full game? :)

munchhack

Advanced Scripter
Years
Good Tilles

I think you have really good tiles so far, like the gym tiles, I have been wanting to make my own custom tiles on fire red but I can't and I am amazed with your tiles.

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2018
This looks absolutely amazing.
Legen... Waiting for it.... (...we'll see about that the 24th of august)

hinkage

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Hello everyone. I have an update.

I was working on Hyetology today when these things happened:

wat2.png

wat.png

For those of you who are newer to ROM hacking, there are two lessons to be learned here:
1. Never hack Pokemon Emerald.
2. Always make backups.

Needless to say, this blows. Have a nice day.

Pinta77

Wow! This looks pretty cool. It's nice that it's an emerald hack, and the story is great. :) Trailer looked pretty good to. I can't wait til it's ready.

@hinkage
Uh-oh, this doesn't mean the game is cancelled does it!?

hinkage

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Nah, I have backups and can (probably) fix everything. It's just funny.

So far, this game has survived through about 8 uber, gamebreaking glitches, and my old computer completely pooping out, all because I planned ahead.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years

Good job so far looks like a good hack hopefully you won't quit midway. I like how this is a dark hack but it isn't the darkest hack I'd say Destinedjagold's Pokemon Ruby Destiny, Life of Guardians is because it gives death to people and Pokemon who mean something to the player rather than random death but still enjoy the random deaths since it makes it seem like nobody is safe. A beta would be nice so we can play a bit of it so you also don't have to rush your hack a steady hack is a good one even if it takes a while. Anyway, really looking forward to this hack, the trailer made it seem amazing but don't add too many references, a hack will be better if you focus on the storyline but still throw it in every now and then, they are pretty funny (these skitty were Left 4 Dead lol) this is a really good hack so I guess I have some competition but I'll still support you all the way good luck!

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
Wow its a pretty interesting storyline and the references are pretty funny:D.I will definitely try it out!

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
After inserting the music over MSN, do you think you could put me in the credits Hinky? And that sneek peek while doing it was awesome

I found a poem in an ancient Greek story book that I want to share in admiration of your l33t h@x0r sk1llz :D
Spoiler:

Again, can't wait for the release! I find it interesting how you go gold on the first release, rather than doing alpha, beta, and/or gamma stage releases. Keep it up!

Back