• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

March Maaaadness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I think, then, I'm the only one who doesn't really like Chinese buffets. I think I've been spoiled by authentic chinese cuisine and the fake buffet stuff just doesn't compare..

:c Siu Mai.. <3 Cheyong fung.. <3 Pickled duck feet.. etc~ So delicious.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
In the space of about 4 years, 10 separate Chinese all-you-can-eat buffets opened up in the same location and were all closed down for health-and-safety violations. XD Since then, I've always approached them with intense trepidation! o3o

Last edited by a moderator:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I'm not picky about food. One of the most amusing parts of the Chinese buffet near my house was a dish called "crab claws" - literally a ball of fake crab meat with a tiny claw stuck into it.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I love Chinese buffets. I havent been to one in years though. We actually have a Korean buffet here though and the food is really good.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I just don't understand why people pay upwards 20 dollars for fake food that you can buy a pack of at the grocery store for a buck or two. The only all-you-can eat places I will go to are Korean BBQ (meat you cook yourself which is mainly marinated korean beef with korean sidedishes) and Japanese (great for sampling sushi or other japanese dishes you haven't tried before.)

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Oh see the good thing about fake buffets like Chinese for me is that they're usually 5-6 bucks. I would NEVER pay that much for such cheapo food, haha.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Speaking of cheap buffets, I went to the opening of a new Shangri-La Buffet in my area a few months ago and was expecting some really nice, authentic Chinese food and was disappointed to find a tray of chicken that seemed oddly similar in both composition and taste to that of Mcdonalds nuggets. Never before have I not liked humans as much. ):

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
You know a buffet is bad when it causes you to dislike the entire human race.

I haven't been to one in ages. Mainly because the local one isn't exactly the best. I know someone who got a hamburger bun from there that had green mold on it.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
My school is an all-you-can-eat buffet with the meal plan. Their food is amazingggg though.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Wow, that's one of the first times someone has said that they actually like the food at their school.

Being homeschooled means I eat pretty much whatever is around the house that I'm not too lazy to cook.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
We have a few buffet restaurants in my place, but my favorite one is Souplantation, which my hometown doesn't have, because of how healthy it is.

outfox

in
Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2013
Buffets are a secret pleasure of mine. I love those little sugared rolls you can get at Chinese buffets. I'd pay to eat just a plateful of those.

Years
I like the 'fake' Chinese stuff you get here in America. Some housemates I had tried out their real Chinese recipes on us and I didn't really care for them. Guess I'm a regular 'Merican after all.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I like both! My mom made Chinese last night, but idk if it counts as real or fake. She used lots of vegetables and it wasn't fried or salty, that's a good sign right?

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Huh? Like school food? What is this I'm hearing? My school's food has been the darkest hours of my days ever since the sixth grade. ;_;

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
No see I'm in college. That means REAL food. Plus I think we're ranked like 9th in food services in the country. :3 I get two all-you-can-eat buffet meals a day, and then 365 dollars of food money to use on any food on the on-campus fast food places - Burger King, Subway, Sbarro, Taco Bell, Au Bon Pain, Starbucks, one or two mini restaurants, and some a la carte places.

Related: The a la carte store in our science building is named A La Descartes.

Years
The dining halls at my college were always hit and miss. They always provided a vegetarian option though, which was nice, except when they doubled up their vegetarian and vegan options and tried to make deserts without milk. Let's just say that I don't think brownies were meant to bounce.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back