• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What's your name?

Creame

Dreams take you higher ♥
Years
Since Gen IV I always use JoJo, which is how everyone calls me! Before Gen IV, I used the protagonist's name! I think I might as well go with JoJo again!

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2014
I've always used the name Ryan for my protagonist (because it's my name) but this gen I have decided to spice things up. Instead this time I'll name him Pewsks. My most memorable gaming moments was on an online game called Maplestory in a guild called PewPew. I made amazing friends and just had a blast. Then one day I tried making a tribute character for the guild but the name PewPew was already taken so I basically wrote Pew and then smashed my keyboard. Got Pewsks and decided to run with it. Since then I've warmed up to the name on several different games so.. Yeah that's why I am choosing it!

I know most people would think that it's kind of weird and stupid but whatever :p

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
Years
Mm... Now that I think of it, if the character limit is increased I might actually go with Belldandy this time. I always, always use Irene; maybe X&Y can be a new trend for me.

DelightedTurk

Hipsterest Hypno in the land
Years
If we get to name our rival I'll usually give us related names that compliment each other, I rarely use real names on recent playthroughs as well so I'm not sure. Definitely going to start thinking about it now though!

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
Hmm... I am not sure. I try to give myself a different name for every game. I haven't really thought of what I am going to name myself in Gen 6. I will probably name myself after an anime character x3

zdude18

Lone Wolf
Years
in gen 1-3 i used my real name, Zack. In gen 4 i was Dawn because i love her so much, and in gen 5, i was that one guy who put in whacky/funny names for my character.

PichuRules4ever

The TF2 Pyro
Years
I would name my character Jambo (as usual). I have named them Jambo ever since I first played Pokemon and it is my nickname in real life. I think naming them after myself makes it feel more like i'm going on the adventure. :t172:

tnfsf11

I always name myself Ketchup, but since I'm playing this time with the girl might just call her Mirinda, or maybe another name that begins with X or Y...
LOL I'm not even a food addict but if you must know...
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
I'm excited just for the fact that I can think of more creative names for my rival (if they let me name him/her).
I can only name my rival Wiener so many times before it loses its shine.

blue

gucci
Years
june_p14_04.jpg

I wonder if that's just a place holder or the official name, it certainly sounds fitting.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years
^ I noticed that too, but it could just as well be a placeholder really. We had Blair and Whitlea in the BW demo, but they were changed. Not many other names beginning with X though. :P

I assume we'll have more space for our names this time. Access to more symbols would be cool too.
I'll probably name my character something French and awesome-sounding. Haven't decided on what.

Years
Since I was going to name my self either Yuna or Xavier depending on which gender I pick in the end I'll be adding in last names like I've hoped for the past generations. If girl it'll be Yuna Taiyou (11 characters counting the space) or Xavier Tsuki (12 counting the space).

Xavier is confirmed to be the default name, no? I know that you said this before the images btw.

AniRain

Goddess of Storms
Years
Meh, my real name is 7 characters long but I never used it - never liked having to use the D-pad to type it in so I always shortened it to Ani. xD But I'll be using Ciel from now on though for Online Purposes.

Back