• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Mirage Of Tales

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Should I continue the glitch hunt? XD

Sure, I'm grateful for the help! =)

What do you think of the tile palette change? After staring at them in A-map for three hours it's kinda grown on me. I might keep it.

Years
Where are the Tile changes? And I will download the Ips tomorrow, it looks like a newer version than the obe I downloaded.

✎ BlueFoxCreations

Developing Pokémon Alibi
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 26, 2017
While playing I found a few bugs.
1) You can't run in green eye woods or towns
2) there is a minor color error on the pokemon lab when going into the woods.
3) some warps are a bit disoriented, for example, the warp of you leaving the normal type gym takes you out of the herb shop.
4) Also, in th community centre of the town above, there are several sprites of the same, dotted around
5) I realise the game is in early development, but some npc's don't have text.

I'm still currently playing, and find the game very fun. Especially the job choice. Tis hack has a lot of work to go into it, I hope you take this into consideration :D As well, I have come up with a name for the hack.
Pokemon: Destined Path
This is because you can choose what job, or path you would like to take.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
While playing I found a few bugs.
1) You can't run in green eye woods or towns
2) there is a minor color error on the pokemon lab when going into the woods.
3) some warps are a bit disoriented, for example, the warp of you leaving the normal type gym takes you out of the herb shop.
4) Also, in th community centre of the town above, there are several sprites of the same, dotted around
5) I realise the game is in early development, but some npc's don't have text.

I'm still currently playing, and find the game very fun. Especially the job choice. Tis hack has a lot of work to go into it, I hope you take this into consideration :D As well, I have come up with a name for the hack.
Pokemon: Destined Path
This is because you can choose what job, or path you would like to take.

Hi! Thanks for your feedback.

A few people have mentioned problems with the Running Shoes... if i'm honest, I have no idea what's causing this.
The other things you have mentioned have been fixed and will hopefully be in perfect working order by the next release. =)

I'm naming the hack Mirage Of Tales, but I just don't want to bother the mods to change the thread's name until I have a new release again. Thanks for the suggestion though!

✎ BlueFoxCreations

Developing Pokémon Alibi
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 26, 2017
Oh right :) Haha, thanks for listening, maybe the running shoes don't work right because, in firered, you can't run in buildings, maybe you've done something to make the towns or places you can't run in, like a building by accident.

Years
There a lot of bugs in this hack like in certain towns that send you to different areas and there are invisible walls every were but it still a good hack just work out all the bugs and it'll be perfect! Good luck with hack. :D. I cant enter the mansion of the gang members at all too.

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
When you say that the Pokedex order is messed up, do you mean that each Pokemon has a different number assigned? Or is the problem more severe than that? I wonder what could have caused it. What were the last three things you did to your rom?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
There a lot of bugs in this hack like in certain towns that send you to different areas and there are invisible walls every were but it still a good hack just work out all the bugs and it'll be perfect! Good luck with hack. :D. I cant enter the mansion of the gang members at all too.

Gang member's mansion? Whoa, how far are you?!

Thanks for all your feedback guys, the majority of the things that people have mentioned have been fixed, apart from the pokedex and the mysterious Running Shoes glitch. None of the problem maps have the 'indoors' setting so I have no clue whats made that happen tbh. I've sorted it somewhat by giving you a bike at the very beginning =P

I've put a lot more events and stuff in and tried my best to fix every little error like the invisible walls etc. so hopefully I'll have something better to put out very soon! Thanks to everyone who has helped me on the glitch hunt! =)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
When you say that the Pokedex order is messed up, do you mean that each Pokemon has a different number assigned? Or is the problem more severe than that? I wonder what could have caused it. What were the last three things you did to your rom?

In all honesty it was of my own doing... I used Sebbe's Pokedex Order Editor Tool, and upon looking further into it the creator of the tool says it will only work if the pokemon only appears once in the dex, so I think I've probably got a duplicate in there somewhere. Im still afraid it won't work when I do manage to do this =/

The in-game situation now is that your pokedex will display the wrong entries and not show the correct pokemon caught.

Years
Gang member's mansion? Whoa, how far are you?!

Thanks for all your feedback guys, the majority of the things that people have mentioned have been fixed, apart from the pokedex and the mysterious Running Shoes glitch. None of the problem maps have the 'indoors' setting so I have no clue whats made that happen tbh. I've sorted it somewhat by giving you a bike at the very beginning =P

I've put a lot more events and stuff in and tried my best to fix every little error like the invisible walls etc. so hopefully I'll have something better to put out very soon! Thanks to everyone who has helped me on the glitch hunt! =)

I just been going everywhere and if I am stuck somewhere by a invisible wall i use the ghost cheat. Good luck at fixing this hack and can't wait until you put out a new release.

Kenny1

On a break from Rom hacking, to improve other skil
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 6, 2017
Hey if you need a scripter I'd be more than happy to help.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
will there be new tiles? just wondering :)

I personally don't have the knowledge to implement new tiles, so it's looking like a no for now =(

I know there are tiles out there that I could use, but if I'm gonna do it at all I'd rather try and design my own instead of just taking other's work.

Does everyone hate the FR tiles that much? Lol

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
I personally don't have the knowledge to implement new tiles, so it's looking like a no for now =(

I know there are tiles out there that I could use, but if I'm gonna do it at all I'd rather try and design my own instead of just taking other's work.

You can always go for using a Rom Base. It'll change most of the outdoor tiles without you inserting them yourself. And most rom bases have at least the first city with new house tiles.

Years

no no dont get me wrong, i dont hate the FR tiles at all, i dont know why but i just like seeing/playing with custom tiles rather than the ones everyone is used to :)

Back