• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RSE Remake Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Well how would remaking those gens get you your original teams from the original RBY/GSC games though? You still aren't getting your beloved Pokes back, haha. That may mean something if you mean by training them in their regions, etc., but with the updated mechanics of FRLG/HGSS it just isn't the same.

I think, what I really meant to say, is that they needed a way to get in those past gen Pokemon, because most of them were unobtainable with just Ruby and Sapphire alone, so then you have FRLG and later Emerald, the latter games gave us a chance to get most of the first 251 Pokemon. And also Colosseum and XD but those are more uncommon ways, it seems. That's what I meant, but worded it totally wrong, lol. :( Though like it's been said, the Johto legendaries were obtainable in gen III and then again in IV, so it's still possible that we'll see a remake. Cause, and I think I said this already, it's not so much as we want a remake for the Pokemon, but we want a remake because we want to see this game updated and with new features and graphics and music etc etc. So the Pokemon thing isn't really a huge deal, though in regards to the past two sets of remakes, I think that played a vital role.

...I hope THAT at least makes sense, unlike my last post lol.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
Its 50% so far without all of the after Story Pokemon. We don't know everything about the games yet. We could get more events, seeing as Serebii is still updating their findings. Not sayin we'll get the three big ones but the number can still rise.

I don't think the next one would be incompatible with current ones, at least not Gen 5 seeing as B2W2 can interface with the 3DS. Kinda hopin 3rd Gen becomes 6th Gen, or if there is an issue like you think, then Gen 1 could be remade again with pretty graphics.

Well I do see Gen VI being compatible with 5.

'With talk about all the Hoenn(or most)Pokes being able to be caught within this gen meaning no remake, how would that mean there would be one in gen 6, if you could still send them down the line to the latest games since backwards compatibility isn't broken? ...and even if it was broken(so the whole available thing drops), that would render other games needing to be done again at some point probably.'

^ What I meant. You probably understood, I just reread it and thought I could make it clearer, haha. Maybe I've just been merging too much of what I've read so far, I think I probably got something mixed up somewhere.

I think, what I really meant to say, is that they needed a way to get in those past gen Pokemon, because most of them were unobtainable with just Ruby and Sapphire alone, so then you have FRLG and later Emerald, the latter games gave us a chance to get most of the first 251 Pokemon. And also Colosseum and XD but those are more uncommon ways, it seems. That's what I meant, but worded it totally wrong, lol. :( Though like it's been said, the Johto legendaries were obtainable in gen III and then again in IV, so it's still possible that we'll see a remake. Cause, and I think I said this already, it's not so much as we want a remake for the Pokemon, but we want a remake because we want to see this game updated and with new features and graphics and music etc etc. So the Pokemon thing isn't really a huge deal, though in regards to the past two sets of remakes, I think that played a vital role.

...I hope THAT at least makes sense, unlike my last post lol.

Yeah, that makes more sense. I guess all the talk about the availability probably meaning we wouldn't see them(at least for a while) made me look into that matter more.

...and I think that 2nd to last thing is the only thing running through my mind atm, how could anyone not want to see Hoenn remade(to 3DS, or to a lesser extent, DS standards; it's the only region not featured in that way)?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I understand what you mean, its just the way the pattern was. Hoenn had a good mix of Johto and Kanto with Kanto being on the lesser side when we got remakes and the Remakes had the rest of the Johto Pokemon. Gen 4 Hoenn and Kanto appeared a bit more but there was a significant lack of Johto until their remake came out then what was missing Kanto and Hoenn wise was transferable or catchable between the two sets of games.

B/W and B2W2 break the pattern with these games. The number of Hoenn Pokemon (which is the remake we are waiting for) is higher in these that the others that got remakes were with the other sets. Pretty much all we have to play with are old patterns which are being broken by B/W.

10th anniversary pattern is pretty much broken cause we would have heard about the remakes before B2W2 if we followed that pattern.
Pokemon Pattern is broken or at least tells us the opposite of what is wanted.
Console pattern so far is the only one not broken and is the only real support we have at getting one, just not for at least another generation seeing as it wouldn't have much point to make them for the DS which is now a dying system.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
Keep in mind in Gen 3 there weren't a lot of Gen 1 Pokemon running about.

In Gen 4 there weren't a lot of Gen 2 Pokemon running about.

Majority of the Gen 2 ones that appeared in Gen 4 were related to Gen 1 or Gen 4 Pokemon, but still they kept out a large number of them from the games until the remakes were made, this includes Legendaries.

Is that really true?

I counted Pokemon from previous gens' pre-game Pokedexes in R/S/E, D/P/Pt, B2/W2 and this is what I got. Even if I made little mistakes in counting, they wouldn't change much:
R/S/E - gen 1 - 47 - 31% of all gen 1 Pokemon
gen 2 - 20

D/P/Pt - gen 1 - 46
gen 2 - 34 + all Unown forms - 34% of all gen 2 Pokemon + all Unown forms
gen 3 - 28

B2/W2 - gen 1 - 38
gen 2 - 31
gen 3 - 42 - 31% of all gen 3 Pokemon

See the pattern? R/S/E has the most gen 1 Pokemon, D/P/Pt has the most gen 2 Pokemon and B2/W2 has the most gen 3 Pokemon. Looks like that pattern fits to remakes releases. Basing on this pattern, there should be R/S remakes in gen 5.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Hmm seems your right it's the same percent as RS (didn't include E here as it came after) had Gen I Pokémon.
This gets my hopes up again ^_^
I remember GF dragged on the reveal of GS remake that most were starting to doubt it...thism
could be classic GF trolling us to doubt the remakes...or make us even more eager...

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Gunna double check my numbers, though I do Post Dex cause that's when all the available Pokemon are in the game.

You may still be right about the number thing though.

So we still have two patterns to fall on if that's the case, though both support different releases.

Years
Seems like we do...though patterns might be broken.
Also post dex might not be the best to use for the pattern as RS had no post dex Pokémon and Emerald was released post FrLg remakes.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
Regardless of what fancy theories or correlations we can piece together, what speaks more too me for them making a game is money. Sure they make games for fun and the love of pokemon, but would prolonging a game that is usually in 2 gens after make monetary sense? I don't think it would receive any more money waiting then it would if they had it out next year or whenever it occurs within Gen V.

If they don't have RS remakes then it seems like this would be one of the shortest gens so they would go to gen VI sooner perhaps after they have a few spinoffs after BW2. Which if they have the usual four years we are due a new gen around 2014 so no new main series games until then if they don't go to Gen VI earlier would seem more of something to complain about then complaining about there being a remake.

Years
i heard the kami trio were originally planned for gen 3? so that could idk im probably wrong aha. There do seem to be a lot of hints in the new games and i would get remakes if they came out.

Years
Regardless of what fancy theories or correlations we can piece together, what speaks more too me for them making a game is money. Sure they make games for fun and the love of pokemon, but would prolonging a game that is usually in 2 gens after make monetary sense? I don't think it would receive any more money waiting then it would if they had it out next year or whenever it occurs within Gen V.

If they don't have RS remakes then it seems like this would be one of the shortest gens so they would go to gen VI sooner perhaps after they have a few spinoffs after BW2. Which if they have the usual four years we are due a new gen around 2014 so no new main series games until then if they don't go to Gen VI earlier would seem more of something to complain about then complaining about there being a remake.
I agree, this gen will only be a little long than gen II was if they lack remakes...unless they plan to simply stall with spin off like you said for the next two years...if so they should've just have released B2W2 in September like usual. I get the feeling their rushing this generation by, so it's likely there might be another generation soon if they decide to skip remakes.

This proably means nothing but I still find it interesting: Reshiram and Zekrom's initials are RZ which interestingly are the initials of the Spanish name for RS Rubi y Zaphiro. Also the color of B2W2 of the dragon Kyurem fused with happen to be those colors Black 2 is Blue (Zaphiro/Saphire) while White 2 is Red (Rubi/Ruby).

Poke-roogs

Call Me Maybe
Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2012
IF they do remake any Gen 3 games, it should just be Emerald. It had the best story and the Battle Frontier, plus we've only gotten three games per gen since the remakes started, so having both Ruby and Sapphire remakes doesn't fit the pattern now that we've got B2W2.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
IF they do remake any Gen 3 games, it should just be Emerald. It had the best story and the Battle Frontier, plus we've only gotten three games per gen since the remakes started, so having both Ruby and Sapphire remakes doesn't fit the pattern now that we've got B2W2.

If they do remake them, they'll do a Ruby and Sapphire and just incorporate Emerald features like the Battle Frontier and the bigger Safari Zone, just like they did with HGSS and all its Crystal features like Buena's Password.

Kerjo

Dark/Ground Gym Leader
Years
After playing through White 2 (simultaneously watching a Black 2 walk-through to compare the differences), I feel that we might have a chance of having an RSE remake. There are a lot of changes to B2W2 that makes the Unova region resemble or hint to the RSE games.

Spoiler:

These are just some of the things I've taken a notice of while playing through.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Just gunna say something about the first one. Cheren really wouldn't have fit with another Gym design because of his personality, also Rustboro Gym wasn't a school. It was near a school. Cheren's Gym is also closer to Lenora's Gym who he replaced as Lenora's was a Library and a Museum. All three are places on learning.

So Cheren's is more coincidental.

Kerjo

Dark/Ground Gym Leader
Years
I know the gym wasn't connected to the school. Roxanne, after graduating from the Trainer's school, became a gym leader and the teacher of the school. Cheren mirrors that as he seems to be the teacher of the school in Unova and a gym leader making him more similar to Roxanne than Lenora. The only thing he actually shares with Lenora is that he uses normal type Pokemon.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
His Gym's characteristics shares that of Lenora's though. Cheren's actual Gym is closer to Lenora's then it was to Roxanne's whose gym resembles Brock's in design who was also a Rock Type Gym Leader.

Years
If they remake Ruby and Sapphire instead of Emerald I can see them using most of Emerald's storyline but after Rayquaza appears and Kyogre and Groudon stop fighting the mascot stays behind in the cave of Origin causing the rain/ intense sun to continue forcing the player to catch it to completely stop it.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
If they do Ruby and Sapphire I can't see the opposite appearing in the game simply because that wasn't how Ruby and Sapphire ran. Sapphire focused on Aqua and Kyogre, if remade I think that's what the same focus would be on. Ruby would focus on Groudon and Magma, which kinda kills the point for Rayquaza to quell their fighting as the opposite wouldn't appear for that to happen.

As for an Post-Game event that would be cool. Like you lose the ability to control Kyogre/Groudon after accidentally awakening the opposite. Like you get the other orb or to unlock the other one you'd have to bring your's to a certain cave and its presence would anger and awaken the opposite Mascot. Then the two would start fighting and you'd have to go awaken Rayquaza to quell them or Rayquaza could just automatically show up and calm them down. Then you can catch the opposite, or it could disappear and you could unlock Rayquaza this way.

Years
I guess they could do a Rayquaza stops Groudon in Ruby, and Kyogre in Sapphire...it'll be kind of boring though...I would much perfer an epic battle cutscene between the trio.

Off topic: Have you guys noticed how the third version has grown more complex from the duo compare to the days of Blue and Crystal. DPPt will have a similar issue as RSE in putting the stories together. And B2W2...well that's a big difference to compromise the stories...

Kerjo

Dark/Ground Gym Leader
Years
I'm taking notice that Roxanne and Cheren are the first gym leaders and they both happen to be teachers of the Trainer Schools within each respective city. In the way that links B2W2 in hinting towards a RSE remake.

Also, you should go back and look at the gyms. Cheren's gym layout is exactly the same as Roxanne's in RS (in E it was redesigned). Both are the mirrored layout of Brock's gym. Lenora's gym is completely different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back