• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Follow Script addition

~Angel~

Lead developer for Pokémon Millennium
Years
So to use the follow script, I just need to follow the download link? Or, in order to keep using Essentials, should I try to implement the scripting myself?

Sorry, script newbie. :p

Just a simple import. If you have a game started I recommend that your erase the maps from that which are located in Data>Map001>so on so forth. If you don't just use his data.

Nerameshu

Regional Explorer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 13, 2012
Cutting the maps out, then pasting them back in would work the same, right?

~Angel~

Years
Yes but you will have to replace over the ones in the game and place in the refresh part to make the pokemon re appear after being defeated.

Nerameshu

Regional Explorer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 13, 2012
Wait, you mean his download link is for an updated version of Essentials, not just the follow script?

'Cuz that's awesome too.

Nerameshu

Regional Explorer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 13, 2012
Well, in about an hour or so, I'll let you know, lol. Slow connection and such.

Years
  • Seen Apr 28, 2013
Yes. I think XD I am unsure what he did is what he did. I had nothing to do with it.

not to shure what you mean by that lol.

and yes it is for the latest version of essentials, i just thaught it would be helpfull to people to have it all set up ready to go thats all.

#EDIT Rick1234 the only resion i could think of why the gen 5 pokemon arnt apering on screen (without looking at your Game/version ect) is the way they are named in your graphics folder
if they are named for example snivy is 495 and the shiny version shuld be 495s if they already are named like then its weried why they wont show up

Last edited:

Nerameshu

Regional Explorer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 13, 2012
So, I have an odd problem. I can't open it. My system's telling me that it's from an older version of RPG Maker.

I am running RPGXP, by the way.

Years
  • Seen Apr 28, 2013
it shuldent be, its rmxp as well i bought myne at the end of last year so its all upto date.

Nerameshu

Regional Explorer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 13, 2012
It's giving me that, and the library needed is this:

RGSS104E

So... I don't know what to do here, lol.

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
Hey there. Since I think I finally understand how this script works, I am glad to help people too, so Rick1234 doesn't have to help everyone.

Nerameshu

Regional Explorer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 13, 2012
Still can't open the game file in RPGXP. Its still saying it's from an older version.

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
Still can't open the game file in RPGXP. Its still saying it's from an older version.

Ok. Your computer is messed up then, or you have the wrong version of essentials. Try deleting this file, and downloading it again. I just did, and it works fine. You download a folder, that has a folder in it. The game files are in that second folder. You really shouldn't be having this issue. If your RPG Maker XP isn't working, or your computer isn't working we can't help you

Nerameshu

Regional Explorer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 13, 2012
Unless taking the second folder out of the first did something, there should be nothing wrong. It just says that the game file uses an older version of RPG Maker.

Granted, I got mine a bit more recently than shadowriver, but I can't necessarily promise that it's a newer version.

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
Unless taking the second folder out of the first did something, there should be nothing wrong. It just says that the game file uses an older version of RPG Maker.

Granted, I got mine a bit more recently than shadowriver, but I can't necessarily promise that it's a newer version.

Sorry man, there is nothing else i can do for you then about getting this file. It is something with your computer/program, nothing is wrong with the file

~Angel~

Years
Sorry man, there is nothing else i can do for you then about getting this file. It is something with your computer/program, nothing is wrong with the file

=_= I know the problem. You need to remove your copy of RMXP. Unless you bought it. Then you have a problem. If you bought it you would have to download the new copy of it and buy it AGAIN. Meaning you would be updated with the newest version of RMXP. This message came up to me before but I never was un able to open it. I could open it. Now if you did not buy it. Uninstall the RMXP you have and download a copy off the website. If you still get the message then we seriously can not help you.

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
Another fix for everyone. This may or may not effect you. If you are having problems with talking to pokemon and an error pops up saying there is an error and the line in the error says something about a script: WAit

go into the following pokemon script, and go down to the section where all the dialogue options show up. On the line before the dialogue option for the music, if the line says WAit instead of Wait, change it to Wait

Back