• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Honey Trees

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
HoneyTree6587.png

Honey trees as they're called were a new feature, introduced in D/P/Pt. Simply, all you had to do was buy some honey from the man in Floaroma Meadow, after defeating the two Galactic grunts who interrogated him. Then you just had to walk up to any honey tree slather some on the bark, wait around an hour or two and return to find the tree shaking.

Once you went back up to it again, a Pokemon appears <3. Do you like the honey tree feature? What do you think of the Pokemon you can encounter? Is it rather tedious and irritating have to wait, or does something make up for it?

Discuss <33.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
It's tedious and there isn't enough 'quality' Pokemon available for capture through this method, so I hardly ever paid attention to the feature. If it were made similarly to Headbutt (Pokemon would instantly appear) then it would chop the monotony of the whole process considerably. As it is now however, it just doesn't interest me.

Years
I liked the Pokemon you could catch in Honey Trees, especially Heracross considering how useful it is in-game.

However, I didn't like having to wait for almost a day before the trees had a Pokemon in it and I wasn't pleased with that. I think my best capture was an elusive female Combee in Platinum.

Perico

Ripper
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 12, 2022
The Honey Tree feature is like the Headbutt one but you need to wait some time for the Pokemon to appear so... I don't really liked that feature and I think I haven't used it much more than the first time just to try what it was.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I'm alright with honey trees. :) I've gotten quite a number of rare Pokemon from them every now and again such as Combee and Cherubi (that Munchlax has always evaded me though). I do wish there was some indicator or a Poketch app or something that alerts you on the time of collection and the whereabouts of a shaking honey tree. Perhaps Game Freak should introduce such an app in the 6th generation! Just my opinion.

Last edited:

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
I liked honey trees as a child but I usually ignored them, and now that I'm older, well I don't actually play in Sinnoh anymore :P xD

Deceit

Toxic.
Years
The idea was interesting, but it only held my interest for a short time. Waiting a day for a pokemon seemed way too long, and most pokemon were not that good. I think I only used Honey a few times, and caught some Combee, instead of the Heracross I wanted.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
I didn't really use the method much aster I caught the Rare Munchlax and Herocross. I don't see why I had to wait 6 hours for a appearace from a tree. I wanted to know what pokemon would appear straight away.

so I didn't really like honey trees

Years
If the time had been cut down significantly (say, to 15 minutes), I think I would have actually used the Honey trees instead of ignoring them. I think the concept was good, but I just didn't have the patience to wait that long for no guarantee of a good Pokemon, so I basically just forgot about the trees and moved on.

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
I'm fine with the Honey Trees. They aren't a really exciting thing, but I don't see them as much of a bother either. I just do a loop around Floaroma Meadow and down to the Weather Institute and put honey on the three trees in easy reach there, then go off and do whatever I'm doing in the game. After a while (I find something around six hours or overnight, as the case might be, to be fine) I do another loop around those three trees, catching or fainting whatever is on them and putting up more honey. Once I've got what I want from them - three Burmies and one of everything else, generally - I ignore them. They're pretty easy to deal with since whatever it is that comes up doesn't change if you restart, so I can just save in front of the tree and see what's there, and if it's something I want I can catch it, then if it's got a poor nature or such I can reset and try again. Easy, straightforward and no bother - that's fine by me.

Hooh

Only if for a night.
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2015
Never did use it, only wanted bird Pokemon being the bird obsessed 7 year old I was when I played Diamond.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
I would have liked them...if I knew how to use them!
It was so...awkward putting honey on the tree and not knowing when to check back to see if anything was there. And so many of the Pokemon available through it were not worth such headaches.
It was a nice idea but definitely needed a better execution.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I never actually tried using the Honey Trees. I always thought that the only Pokemon you would get would be Combee or some Pokemon that are similar. So I never even bothered with it :C

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I could never get it to work. >_> It worked once, and I found a low-level Heracross...then accidentally knocked it out.

blue

gucci
Years
It's a nice method and I liked how you could catch uncommon Pokemon but it was just waaay too time consuming, then there's the frustration of accidently knocking it out and waiting a further eight hours.

Back