• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Legend of Zelda - 3 Hearts Challenge Event

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years

The Legend of Zelda - 3 Hearts Challenge Event

tumblr_mqlgudnoLZ1r3xlxko1_500.gif

25px-Crest_of_Hyrule.png
Introduction

Hello there, and welcome to The Legend of Zelda, the 3 Hearts Challenge thread! As the name suggests, in an attempt to celebrate the upcoming release of Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker for the Wii U, and the Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds for the 3Ds, this event has been made! Now then, what's this event all about? Well, if you know about the Three Hearts Challenge that people do in the Legend of Zelda games, you'll know that The Three Heart Challenge is a challenge where the player completes a Zelda game without gaining a Heart Container or a Piece of Heart throughout the entire game, keeping the three heart health bar that most Zelda games start out with in the beginning of a game.​

25px-Crest_of_Hyrule.png
Rules

Triforce%28BSZelda%29.gif
The final day to post all logs and progress is October 14th, (or about a month from now) which is when the event will end!
Please don't use any cheat devices or codes. D:
If you want to join, refer to the Sign-Up Section below!
Feel free to use emulators if you wish - you don't have to play these games on a normal handheld or console!
Try to jot down your progress in this thread - juuust to see that you're at least attempting it, if its a little tough to beat.
And of course, you ARE allowed to use any faeries, or potions to keep your health up.
Got any other questions? Feel free to ask in this thread!​

25px-Crest_of_Hyrule.png
Restrictions & Legitbility

There are a few restrictions to this challenge - in which in this case, you can't do this challenge while playing A Link to the Past and Link's Awakening, because you have to collect a Heart Container after defeating a major boss in order to progress further in the games. So, barring that, you're allowed to do this challenge on any of these Legend of Zelda games below, but keep in mind some things to watch out for, which I'll put in brackets:
The Legend of Zelda
The Adventure of Link (game starts out with four life bar panels, and leveling up Life is optional)
Ocarina of Time
Majora's Mask
Oracle of Seasons
Oracle of Ages
The Wind Waker (one Piece of Heart must be acquired in order to complete the game; however, the player does not have to complete a Heart Container)
The Minish Cap
Twilight Princess
Phantom Hourglass
Spirit Tracks
Skyward Sword (technically a "Six Heart Challenge" as the game begins with this many hearts.)​

25px-Crest_of_Hyrule.png
Prizes

Aw, but, what's a little event-challenge without prizes in store? You may be able to get these two emblems for participating, and going beyond that (but that is up to you!):

KgyvlXU.gif
zedla.png

25px-Crest_of_Hyrule.png
Sign-Up Sheet

If you want to participate, fill out this SUS below!

Username:
Game:

For example:
Username: LGDArm
Game: Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages

25px-Crest_of_Hyrule.png
Challengers

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Username: AlexOzzyCake
Game: Twilight Princess (Wii)

I can't promise I'll get very far with uni starting soon and the sheer length of the game, but I'll try my best! Great idea for a challenge though :D

Starlight Sprite

Resident Moon Fairy
Years
I'll give this a shot. I could use an excuse to go tearing my hair out over game overs. :7: I'm guessing any other optional upgrade (sword, shield, quiver/seed satchel, etc) is allowed?

Username: Starlight Sprite
Game: Oracle of Ages

I can't wait to bomb some Dodongos!

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
I'm guessing so, but would I be allowed to do this challenge in Ocarina of Time 3D?

Yes of course! You're allowed to play any Zelda game on any port~

I'll give this a shot. I could use an excuse to go tearing my hair out over game overs. :7: I'm guessing any other optional upgrade (sword, shield, quiver/seed satchel, etc) is allowed?

Username: Starlight Sprite
Game: Oracle of Ages

I can't wait to bomb some Dodongos!

Up! Upgrades are allowed~

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Username: Wolflare
Game: The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

No guarantee that I'll have time to finish this, but we'll see! Gonna try and emulate it so I can take screenshots. B)

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Username: Lapras*
Game: Twilight Princess

tbh I just want an excuse to start this game again 8D

If it turns out I don't have that much time to play on the Wii, I'll probably switch to OoT3D if that's okay.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
I'm going to really, really regret this seeing that I havn't even beaten the game yet but...

Username:DavidtheDeadPhilosopher

Game: Adventure of Link

I'm assuming it's keeping to the spirit to not level up health even though it's optional?

Yup! That would definitely cater to the spirit. :3

Years
Awesome, I just started a new game in A Link to the Past-...oh 8(

In that case:

Username: redjacketalchemist
Game: Majora's Mask

And since my N64 likes to randomly reset itself, this should be all sorts of fun 8D...

Years
Ok!

I guess I'll be the first one to post some progress

I've named the file Spiamph

I've managed to beat the first temple...twice...

So as I beat it the first time I accidentally leveled up my health (unknown to be, but apparently if you skip leveling up something, it defaults back to the previous level, so if I skip health and level up attack, It auto-resets back to the 50 exp health level. Every Time. I'm going to have to be very cautious during level ups so I don't accidentally do it again. )

It's going to be a long hard road, The First Temple is the only temple I'm super acquainted with, I've only beaten up to the Second Temple on my actual run. Oh, I did aquire the candle, and sheild spell. I'll be aiming for the trophy, jump, and Second Temple before too long.

My current stats are 3 Attack, 3 Magic, 1 Life

Tlachtli

Crit happens.
Years
Oooh, I've been looking for an excuse to replay the Ages/Seasons games. I remember doing through NG++ (Ages->Seasons->Ages) after they came out, then haven't played them since.

Username: Tlachtli
Game: The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Aug 12, 2023
I might just do this... put me down for one.

Username: Darkroman
Game: Ocarina of Time (Nintendo 64)

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Username: Perdition Haze.
Game: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword.

Skyward Sword was a very hard game for me, so I don't exactly know how far I will be able to get with only six hearts. I'll probably have to quit the challenge by the time I get up to the third boss, but I can't be totally sure until I actually try it out. xD Also, good luck to everyone who are participating!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back