• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Which new pokemon did you hate the most?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
So much dislike for Slurpuff, haha. It does look a little awkward, doesn't it?

Talonflame, that thing has stupid looking legs. Fletchinder on the other hand looks amazing!

Personally, I actually quite like Talonflame. If it's got Gale Wings, it could cause some major havoc when battling. :] Although, its design could use some enhancements.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2015
Why is Barbaracle getting so much hate. I rather like it's design.
The one i dislike the most is Avalugg, but mostly because it's shiny form is so boring. I really liked the gen 6 pokemon for the most part.

atomtanned

Delinquent
Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2022
I liked most of the Gen VI Pokemon... also I really like that they release "ugly"/less "cool" looking Pokemon. It makes it more realistic to me I guess... I don't know. Plus it makes it really fun for challenge runs :)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 8, 2014
Character design is one of Pokemon's biggest strengths, unfortunately it's always hit and miss...

Chesnaught - Besides the awful pun this thing is meh incarnate: it's even beige! The first started I have ever ditched. 2/10

Talonflame - Another bird final evolution that looks like a second evolution. A hint: It's the feathers, too much light underwing area. meh/10

Pyroar - Again with the non puns! Red =/= Fire! Make it elemental; lava or actual flames, or don't make it at all. 1/10

Aromatisse & Slurpuff - Why are cupcakes and perfume now pokemon? Aside from French stereotypes, pokemon are animals or mythical entities, not household tat! And I thought we were past the theory of biogenesis. Also, gaudy pink. -10,000/10

Barbaracle: Too many arms, a hand for a head, and striped arms? So much bad design…
Next time make a phone pokemon so we'll know you're phoning it in. 0/10

Dedenne - Pichu already exists and you haven't even grabbed onto its coattails successfully. Why not just give Raichu a mega evolution? #nottryinganymore/10

Goomy - The final evolution is fine, but the first two forms are uninspired. 3/10

Trevenant - So disappointed because I wanted it to be a cool haunted dead tree. Instead it's a weird plastic-looking walking stick-thing. lost hope/10

The 2 upcoming legendaries that aren't mega Latias / Latios or Diancie. The weird pink thing is a gaudy fairy thing. The other is a bad plastic-looking water / fire type. YOU WAITED THIS LONG TO MAKE A WATER FIRE TYPE TO MAKE THIS!?! Why not a animated volcano erupting into a pool of water, creating obsidian. Why not a magical being composed of suspended and fire that creates steam? Why not anything that isn't an uninspired lego monster with a ring that fires a laser. -lots/10!

There are a bunch of cool pokemon this gen, though. Much more than black / white. The water pokemon in particular look cool and distinctive.

Years
Diggersby is probably the ugliest Pokemon I've ever seen, and I don't say that lightly. There's something about the colour scheme and massive arm-ears that I inherently dislike. I'd say that one's probably my least favourite, just due to the reasons I listed. From the looks of things, I'm not in a minority here.

Other honourable mentions are Avalugg. I'm just disappointed in it. Its pre-evolution was cute, and then it turned into a cracked table that stands there and looks incredibly smug about it. I also think the fairy type could do with better designs. I don't inherently disagree with the choice to add a new type into the mix, and I don't even mind them remixing old Pokemon with the typing, even though I'm having a tough time getting accustomed to it. What I do mind is that it's all the same girly stuff. These guys negate dragons but they don't look like they do. Also have to say that Pyroar could have been so much cooler, especially with that name.

Oh, and I've been done with electric rodents since generation I, thanks, Pokemon.

Well, that's about it for me. I was fine with most of the Pokemon in this generation on some level or another, and anything else would be nit-picking.

I agree with you. Diggersby is terrible. Couldn't they have made something more like Lopunny?
Avalugg is plain weird. Fairy type is okay, but not all need to be cute and cuddly. In a lot of mythology, fairies are creatures that steal your soul or make you serve them for eternity if you eat their food. They can make some Pokemon, kind of like Tropius, with the Dex Entry of: Its fruit are really appetizing to humans, but if you eat it, you will become their servant for eternity.
Exactly, fairies should look more tough. Sylveon looks all pink and cuddly and looks perfect for a normal type. Instead, it can somehow KO a dragon without batting its eyelashes at the dragon.
Yeah, no more electric rodents please. Pikachu is always my favorite. Why try to make more?

Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
Aromatisse & Slurpuff - Why are cupcakes and perfume now pokemon? Aside from French stereotypes, pokemon are animals or mythical entities, not household tat! And I thought we were past the theory of biogenesis. Also, gaudy pink. -10,000/10

So Pokemon are mythical entities or animals unless they're a bag of garbage, ice cream cones, formless piles of sludge, a punching bag, a pine cone, a wind chime, a weather balloon, a cherry, machine gears, a snowflake or a pokeball, THOSE you're all fine with, but a cupcake or perfume? No, that's just too much! ;-)

Elements1

Meh
Years
Magikarp! I've always hated him and I always will!
Don't hate the Karp D:

Sorry, I don't like Meowstic much at all. So there.
Wow that is surprising! I don't like Meowstic as a competitive pokemon but I think he looks really cool, and don't like the shiny form as much but I like it's shiny form too!

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Chesnaught - Besides the awful pun this thing is meh incarnate: it's even beige! The first started I have ever ditched. 2/10

Talonflame - Another bird final evolution that looks like a second evolution. A hint: It's the feathers, too much light underwing area. meh/10

Ah, really? I actually really like these two, personally. Chesnaught looks like a gigantic bulky monster, which represents all its high defensive stats and whatnot. As for Talonflame, I think it looks pretty fierce. ^^"

James

Make it double!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 31, 2017
Klefki, it has to be Klefki. Absolutely no thought into that pokemon at all. Someone was like "We need more pokemon!!!" and one of the designers just looked down and saw his car keys. Ugh that one drives me nuts.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
Keifling, it has to be Keifling. Absolutely no thought into that pokemon at all. Someone was like "We need more pokemon!!!" and one of the designers just looked down and saw his car keys. Ugh that one drives me nuts.

Do you mean Klefki? That's actually one of my favorite new Pokemon. I really dislike Swirlix to be honest... I don't like how it looks or its moveset.

εcho.

The silver ninetales
Years
....The first time I saw him I thought my game was glitched because his body was just.. cut through..

Haha, I thought the same. I remember looking up new pokemon on Serebii before I got the game and when it came to Avalugg, I thought my computer just wasn't loading the sprite properly. Took me a long time to figure out that was how it was supposed to look. xD

Why all the Dedenne hate? I understand that the Pikachu ripoffs are getting a little old but I think he's pretty cute! Nowhere near as bad as Pachirisu. *shudder*

Back