• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Questions & Answers / "Where do I post this?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
What do I do if I get sent a spam PM?

I just got sent one, lol

If it's from another user? Click the red triangle with the black line in the upper-right hand corner, because that's the Report button.

If it's just someone feigning advertising, you're likely best off just deleting it.

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
Years
If it's from another user? Click the red triangle with the black line in the upper-right hand corner, because that's the Report button.

If it's just someone feigning advertising, you're likely best off just deleting it.

Yeah it's just advertising, a few others got sent the same PM xD

Edit: ...I just deleted it, hopefully someone will report it, but if no one does, this is the user.

Years
Just note though that the admins are busy with several things right now (both online and irl), and they may not have time at the moment to view the username change requests at the moment. Give them a few days and they will get to it. 8)

Mew

The New Species Pokémon
Years
Does claiming a PC Supporter spot mean that you can just take it, or claim as in you donated the cash but you aren't on the list?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Does claiming a PC Supporter spot mean that you can just take it, or claim as in you donated the cash but you aren't on the list?

If you're sure that you've donated but don't have your name on the list, then yes, you are free to do that. n_n" Just send a private message to Rukario. Not sure about this, but I think you'd have to confirm it, though, in some way.

Years
If the answer to this is blindingly obvious and I haven't figured it out I apologize, but where do I go to change the time? Because we have to spring forward for Daylight Savings Time and it still lists me as 8:22 AM (it's an hour later since i'm in EST). Thanks!

Years
If the answer to this is blindingly obvious and I haven't figured it out I apologize, but where do I go to change the time? Because we have to spring forward for Daylight Savings Time and it still lists me as 8:22 AM (it's an hour later since i'm in EST). Thanks!
In your User CP options located right here is where you change the settings. Just scroll down to where it says "Date & Time Options" and then there's a box for DST settings. If you don't want to adjust the setting manually, choose "Automatically detect DST settings" from the dropdown menu. Hope this helps! n_n

Years
In your User CP options located right here is where you change the settings. Just scroll down to where it says "Date & Time Options" and then there's a box for DST settings. If you don't want to adjust the setting manually, choose "Automatically detect DST settings" from the dropdown menu. Hope this helps! n_n

Apparently I have it already set to that. I could always set my timezone back...

edit: Nevermind, it's working properly now.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2014
Is there a way to customize the appeareance of the forum? We are refreshing a lot and it takes quite a bit of loading every time.

Omicron

the day was mine
Years
You can change the theme the forum uses in the dropdown menu at the bottom of the page.

You can also choose to hide or disable certain things in the postbit, like avatars and signatures. That should make it a little faster. To costumize this go to Your Control Panel > Edit Options.

Also, take into consideration that the forums are huge and have a lot of information, so it is normal for it to load a little slower than other websites.

Hope this helped!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2014
You can change the theme the forum uses in the dropdown menu at the bottom of the page.
Thanks, we have switches to the Bulletin Default style and at least it feels faster. We probably need to take measurements in order to determine whether it is true or not.

Years
The vBulletin Default style is faster because it's less image heavy than most of the other custom styles, and also has a few features missing, like the ability to check which posts of yours were liked from your UserCP. I'd suggest switching to something like PokeLink 3 or one of the PokeLink 4 themes. There's not much of a speed difference between them and the vB Default, and you get all the features.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
Years
What's the maximum size for an avatar if you're just a regular member?

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
Years
Thanks! ^^

And also, is there a way to get notifications when someone quotes you? I find it helpful. o:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back