• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Secrets and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
This looks like a great idea. I especially like the tiles. The trees look so awesome!

@DNA:
Ha! I remember Venustoise, this really takes me back to primary school days, I had so much fun talking about these things.

kebbles

Rom Hacker.
Years
I dont really get into the old 2nd generation hacks...
Except for Blazichu's.
But I like the look of this hack.
I always wondered about that truck in Vermilion City in the S.S Anne Harbour, My friends always said Mew was there but I didnt know how to get it, hopefully that event will be in the game.
Best of luck, you have my full support!​

Skeetendo Inc.

The REAL Pokémon Company
Years
then how can you catch missingno.?

You'll have to wait and find out!

i don't know, i like the idea, but why make a red remake on gold?
Oh well, i guess i'm gonna find out!
Best of luck, i wonder what the secrets are!

Why a red remake? Well, this game is Pokémon Red, but with all the secrets and rumors that were spread around during those days, that we can include.

FINALLY!!! This is the hack that got me into hacking. I mean, it was just so much fun! I am glad to see it's comeback. If only Dark Oceans would do the same...

Haha glad this hack inspired you! That means a lot to us!

Just be careful of Liquinn
This guy stole this hack :P so yeah...
Thats what they've told me.
But this is really property of Skeetendo.

Haha don't worry about it :P

I hope this means you will be restarting Sterling Silver too, cause I love that one too, it is really inovative.

We will be in the future, but right now we are doing this to basically... up our skills in hacking, that way we can add neat things into Sterling Silver and make it a great hack, but that doesn't mean this won't be good!

Mist Stone??? Isn't that for evolving... Blastoise, Venusaur and Charizard? Into like, Charcoal or Zilla or whatever :P? Does this mean you'll have a Venustoise!

Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't :P

This looks like a great idea. I especially like the tiles. The trees look so awesome!

@DNA:
Ha! I remember Venustoise, this really takes me back to primary school days, I had so much fun talking about these things.

Thanks a lot. There will be more custom tiles and tiles that you should remember from other places as well.

I dont really get into the old 2nd generation hacks...
Except for Blazichu's.
But I like the look of this hack.
I always wondered about that truck in Vermilion City in the S.S Anne Harbour, My friends always said Mew was there but I didnt know how to get it, hopefully that event will be in the game.
Best of luck, you have my full support!​

Thanks!

We are going to try our best to implement that rumor. I mean, it's one of the most famous :P

Glad we have all your support!

Anyways, here are a few screenshots just to show off how much this resembles Pokémon Red and all the nice scripting Mateo has done!

s1.png
s2.png

s3.png
s4.png

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023
My friend said after the boat leaves you can see mew in the water.
And in fr/lg only a hidden lava cookie is there.
Is there going to be glitch city there also?
And a friend of mine said if you talk to the cinnabar gym water side you'll find a mist stone which evolves mew into charmamew.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
Pyro, you are so freakin' Brilliant ;3

I love what you've done, and I can't wait to obsess play!

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
Years
how about the secret in Red where you to that glitch to get mew? And how about the missingno one? I know they are glitches, but you can insert them as secrets if you want?

Shadowz

Among the Shadowz...
Years
Whooo, great hack Skeetendo, i love the Graphics and new additions. Well done!

Skeetendo Inc.

The REAL Pokémon Company
Years
My friend said after the boat leaves you can see mew in the water.
And in fr/lg only a hidden lava cookie is there.
Is there going to be glitch city there also?

Well the one with Mew in the water probably won't be done, since the Truck way is more popular.

And yes, we are going to try our best to include Glitch City.

Pyro, you are so freakin' Brilliant ;3

I love what you've done, and I can't wait to obsess play!

Haha, I love you too XD

But you can't forget Mateo, he's done a lot of major work on this :P Without him, there probably wouldn't be this much done.

Really cool. Good luck with this! I like the everything's changed part

Thanks!

how about the secret in Red where you to that glitch to get mew? And how about the missingno one? I know they are glitches, but you can insert them as secrets if you want?

Well, that Mew glitch was a glitch within the Red coding, to replicate that would be extremely hard, that's something maybe CBM or Mr. Mustard could pull off :P

And the MissingNo. glitch? Well, I think that may be possible, Mateo was talking to me about it saying he could do it and I think he's been working on it, but we're going to wait till we hit Cinnabar Island to try that.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
It's weird what I've been founding as rumors around the web... some are simply... hilarious... like getting Yoshi, walking into Bill's machine and warping to the Orange Islands, using those ????? items as surfboards (well, this is one's not a rumor, in fact :P), and I heard of a lot of new cities and all that (maybe they were just the Beta maps...) Very interesting, indeed.

Let's hope you can manage to reproduce at least a good number of all the rumors around. At least it'll be funny to try this time and see THEY WORK! :laugh:

Good luck!

Star Girl

Dragon Obsessed
Years
Hey just curious, is Arcanine going to be classified as a legendary in this? Good luck with the game I am looking forward to playing it when you do release a beta.

Skeetendo Inc.

The REAL Pokémon Company
Years
Whooo, great hack Skeetendo, i love the Graphics and new additions. Well done!

Seemed to have missed this comment last time o_O Not sure how... anyways thanks a lot!

It's weird what I've been founding as rumors around the web... some are simply... hilarious... like getting Yoshi, walking into Bill's machine and warping to the Orange Islands, using those ????? items as surfboards (well, this is one's not a rumor, in fact :P), and I heard of a lot of new cities and all that (maybe they were just the Beta maps...) Very interesting, indeed.

Let's hope you can manage to reproduce at least a good number of all the rumors around. At least it'll be funny to try this time and see THEY WORK! :laugh:

Good luck!

Haha well, in the old Secrets and Rumors, I actually put Yoshi in it :P Although he wasn't in any of the betas. The orange islands, hmm, I've heard this. Could be interesting. The ????? surfboards I've played with numerous times back in RB! :P

Well we'll try our hardest to replicate them, even if not, we'll try our best to include them.

Hey just curious, is Arcanine going to be classified as a legendary in this? Good luck with the game I am looking forward to playing it when you do release a beta.

Perhaps, not to sure :P

And thanks.

We don't have a planned beta date as of yet, and we probably won't have a set date at anytime as we don't want to have to rush to finish the beta on time for that date. We've done this multiple times in the past and have had many bugs and text errors.

What I can say is this beta may not be to far away. It depends on how much work we get done in the next while.

jj_olli

It's coming...
Years
Nice game, I heard about Bill's Garden, where you can get every Pokemon of the 2nd gen, I spended hours to get there, but never was able to xD. and the Orange Islands, it was something like: "When you have every Pokemon on lv. 100, take a Lapras with surf and surf south from Cinnabar Island, then you will be able to get to the Orange Islands, with everything included." Today I laugh about my childish behaviour years ago xD

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
Years
Nice game, I heard about Bill's Garden, where you can get every Pokemon of the 2nd gen, I spended hours to get there, but never was able to xD. and the Orange Islands, it was something like: "When you have every Pokemon on lv. 100, take a Lapras with surf and surf south from Cinnabar Island, then you will be able to get to the Orange Islands, with everything included." Today I laugh about my childish behaviour years ago xD

oh yeah! Bills garden was a popular rumor back then, are you going to include that?

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
Years
Bills garden hmm never heard of that would be pretty funny to see lol

really? You never heard of it? There was some thing you had to do, and then if you go to the back of bills house, you will enter bill's garden, and numerous people say different things will happen there (e.g. Get every pokemon, all pokemon are level 100, etc...), but if he does it, i bet he will think of his own thing that will happen!

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
Years
Wow, I remember seeing Secrets and Rumors before, and I liked the idea. This looks really good, and I'm looking forward to playing it.

I have a couple rumors. I remember hearing that if you give the little girl ontop of Celedon's Dept. Store all the drinks she's asked for, then talked to her 151 times, she'd get annoyed and give you a Flareth if you promised to leave her alone.

I also heard that after beating the Elite Four an insane amount of times, Prof. Oak will lead you into the Hall of Fame room and say something along the lines of, "You've been here enough, you know your way around." Then you could move freely. In the lower righthand corner of the room there was a staircase that led to a pier with a boat. If you got on the boat it'll take you to an island where there was another Safari Zone. Here you could catch Johto Pokemon and find the three ledgendary dogs running around outside the Safari Zone's gates. (I'm guessing there was supposed to be grass outside that Safari Zone.)

Just two interesting rumors I heard. The second one would be fun to play through though. Good luck!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
Wow, I remember seeing Secrets and Rumors before, and I liked the idea. This looks really good, and I'm looking forward to playing it.

I have a couple rumors. I remember hearing that if you give the little girl ontop of Celedon's Dept. Store all the drinks she's asked for, then talked to her 151 times, she'd get annoyed and give you a Flareth if you promised to leave her alone.

I also heard that after beating the Elite Four an insane amount of times, Prof. Oak will lead you into the Hall of Fame room and say something along the lines of, "You've been here enough, you know your way around." Then you could move freely. In the lower righthand corner of the room there was a staircase that led to a pier with a boat. If you got on the boat it'll take you to an island where there was another Safari Zone. Here you could catch Johto Pokemon and find the three ledgendary dogs running around outside the Safari Zone's gates. (I'm guessing there was supposed to be grass outside that Safari Zone.)

Just two interesting rumors I heard. The second one would be fun to play through though. Good luck!

Um...no...neither one of those is true

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back