• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
Zel said that after Shiny Gold Was completed it would be a kind of open source (Except every body can decompile every thing in a fire red rom, So no need for orginal files)
So people can hack it...

Zel Thought about this because some people wanted it to be an excact remake, and other wanted it to be less, so in this way they can just hack it as they want it to be.

But it's no where near done, so there isn't much point...

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
what do you mean no where? i think its gone pretty far i bet by this time next year itll be complete

I agree, but thats still a year, besides the whole point of the open source idea of SG is for after he actually finishes it. All I'm saying is theres no point because it's no where near finished, because zels busier these days, he has kanto and his "secret" region to do..
along with finishing off some minor touches last.

JJK

The chase is about to begin...
Years
To solve this once and for all for zel: If you are using any emu other than vba, you are on your own. However, i suggest this:

If you can't save, go to any PC and act like you are going to trade. If the game does save before the trade (cancel the trade then), you can continue the game with savestates, as it's the save option on the menu, and not the save function itself, that isn't working.
Worked for me.

zel, I'm not gonna ask what, but will any of the giant rocks be removed in beta6? The same way, will there be more legendaries released other than Lugia (just yes or no)? I don't wanna spoil any surprise, i just want to know it there will be any XD

EDIT: And the trainer building in vermillion?

El Moss

General Cool Guy
Years
To solve this once and for all for zel: If you are using any emu other than vba, you are on your own. However, i suggest this:

If you can't save, go to any PC and act like you are going to trade. If the game does save before the trade (cancel the trade then), you can continue the game with savestates, as it's the save option on the menu, and not the save function itself, that isn't working.
Worked for me.

EDIT: And the trainer building in vermillion?

However, if you do use save states you won't be able to continue past the league.

What'll you do when Kanto is complete? will you just quit on the game, or will you think up some new zones, put the sevii islands in, or even think up some new plot involving teams aqua or magma?

Disturbed pretty much summed it up and it is COMPLETELY impossible to insert Sevii because that's what Zel hacked to make Johto.

JJK

Years
However, if you do use save states you won't be able to continue past the league.
Man... If you CAN save that way (in the trade corner) , you can savestate all the way to the league, because it will save after the league, what i said serves as a test.
If you can save in the trade corner, you can proceed without fear, it will autosave after the league.

Dratii

Working on something new...
Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2023
I don't think you can go into hoeon. And Zel probably wont make any of hoeon in it because of lack of space.

Antoshi

Imagination Station
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Sep 11, 2023
Is there a Move Re-Learner person (I forget the name) like the one in R/S/E you give a Heart Scale to and he re-teaches a move your Pokemon forgot?

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2012
just a quick bugs for shiny gold x
- the fly map doesnt work u gotta go into diff areas to fly in other areas

IcyByte

Just Call Me Icy
Years
Wow.. Umm, are shinies more common here or something? Because right after I got my Poke'balls, I got a shiny Pidgey..

Years
  • Seen Sep 8, 2009
i got stuck in cerulean city.. after beating carlos, and getting ghostbuster, there is no gym battle.
The both side of cerulean is blocked by ghost, and i cannot use them.
the right of vermillion is block by snorlax, top is top by a guy who says that the power plant problem need to be solved first.
plz help me

Years
new guy..

hi guys i am new in this forum and i am a cheating type guy but i messed up with cheats and i got some Bad Eggs on my boxes.. the problem is that one of these bad eggs was the clamperl and i cant use a whirlpool to dissapear the whirlpools after clair so i can take the dragon fang , take the badge and continue my game.. any idea how i can fix it?i cant use cheat to find a clamperl on water or something like that cause i get pokemons named "??????" and level 0 most times :D(HELP!)

Sorry if you got tired with these ^^

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
hi guys i am new in this forum and i am a cheating type guy but i messed up with cheats and i got some Bad Eggs on my boxes.. the problem is that one of these bad eggs was the clamperl and i cant use a whirlpool to dissapear the whirlpools after clair so i can take the dragon fang , take the badge and continue my game.. any idea how i can fix it?i cant use cheat to find a clamperl on water or something like that cause i get pokemons named "??????" and level 0 most times :D(HELP!)

Sorry if you got tired with these ^^

You shouldn't get the cheats...

Zel said Cheats will ruin the Hack. :badsmile:

SDODC13

Psychic Lover
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 10, 2023
I've come to a sad truth T_T I'm not able to play patched roms on my EZ flash 3 in 1

LiquidR

I am the shadow on the moon at night
Years
man i hate cheaters. Why does nobody want to finish there game properly.

and darkdemongr, next time read the topic for pete's sake.

Last edited:

JJK

Years
JJK TO THE RESCUE!!!

i love this hack make it where you can go into hoeon
Listen to dratii. However, there will be a island-like extra region (brand new, fresh out of zel's skull), so stay tuned.

just a quick bugs for shiny gold x
- the fly map doesnt work u gotta go into diff areas to fly in other areas
It's not a bug, it's just that there's not enough fly posts (places to where you can fly) in the game, zel is limited to the amount that was in FR. So, it's a shame, but it will have to stay that way. Why would you fly to cherrygrove anyway? XD
(of course that doesnt apply to lavander but

Wow.. Umm, are shinies more common here or something? Because right after I got my Poke'balls, I got a shiny Pidgey..
Nope. Ppl have reported that situation immediatly before the Red Gyara event, but you are very far from that. Try to repatch the rom.
But be sure to keep that savegame, because it *might* be just sheer luck...

i got stuck in cerulean city.. after beating carlos, and getting ghostbuster, there is no gym battle.
The both side of cerulean is blocked by ghost, and i cannot use them.
the right of vermillion is block by snorlax, top is top by a guy who says that the power plant problem need to be solved first.
plz help me
You have to get a ghostbuster to work, right? So, you talk to someone who knows about ghosts, right?
Sry, i'm not saying more, but it's pretty obvious after that...

Well sorry i had no time to look all the topic ^_^ i only saw 1-2 pages :P . But still some work without ruining the hack , can some1 help me with whirlpool tbh? :cheeky:
There's no Whirpool TM, you'll have to use the clamperl Lance gave you (no early trips to the whirls, sorry) or any other poke that learns it (aka Wailmer).

Longuest awseringthon after zel, lol

Back