• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Incredibly Wandering Thread V3 ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I could innuendo that up nice and proper, but out of respect for the wandering thread I will refrain.

Just don't knock our wood til you've tried it, lady.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I think last I saw the last wandering thread is sitting locked in a section somewhere.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
It was at like 4400 replies. The last couple posts in it make it seem like it died in manga/comic oh noooo I feel bad even though I wasn't mod of that section at the time :(

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
SO I SEE asked THAT THIS IS IN CBC.

Totally due for a topic change y/y? How do ya'll feel about moxie mence with DD now that it's been released in DW? :3 Or alternatively if you have this thread saved to your subscriptions, do you play competitively, if not why not!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
Been thinking about trying out LO Mienshao on one of my teams but can't decide between an Adamant or Jolly nature ATM.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I don't do competitive much at all. I have a team buuut I don't like stressing myself out over winning/losing and I don't like doing something competitive socially cause it doesn't bring out my best side. :B

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
It's been a while since I actually had a competitive battle now that I think about it. Last battle I had was with my friend James when I was in Redlands at the time, whooped his ass pretty easily even if his Samurott was on steroids at the time but nothing my Gengar couldn't handle lol.

Snivy063

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 16, 2012
I'm not good at battling really, but I can remember when I won the first time I tried battling with my classmate on school. :P

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
I remember my first PVP battle on Diamond where I just barely won against my friend Patrick by the skin of my teeth in a double battle match. Long story short it went down to his Giratina against my Heatran, his Giratina took a Lava Plume hit from Heatran earlier on before it KO'd my Dialga with Dragon Claw, thankfully I was able to get Giratina in the red with Dragon Claw before my Dialga fainted as my Heatran was hit with an Earth Power from the Giratina just barely avoiding a OHKO due to the burn. I finished it off with another Lava Plume and sealed my victory after a grueling bout.

Patrick's team was Giratina, Dialga, Empoleon, and Infernape.

My team was Torterra, Staraptor, Dialga, and Heatran.

Easily one of my closest matches by far. Also another match where I swept through my opponent's Groudon, Kyogre, Giratina, and Heatran with a LO Giratina. I'm dead serious when I say that lol.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Been thinking about trying out LO Mienshao on one of my teams but can't decide between an Adamant or Jolly nature ATM.

I'd go for Jolly SINCE u-turn always outspeeds whatever I have no matter what it is (unless deoxys-s lool) which is totally annoying. :x

Also Netto, this is totally one of the most fun sections here! :(

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Aw, competitive battling. I haven't done that in years. I used to be so involved in it, battling all my friends and EV training and even getting second place in a local tournament.

Now I just don't have the time. Or even anyone to battle against. Darn 3DS doesn't want to connect on the Internet.

Still, I have some interest in competitive battling, so I try to stay current on information.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019

I'd go for Jolly SINCE u-turn always outspeeds whatever I have no matter what it is (unless deoxys-s lool) which is totally annoying. :x

Mmk, gonna go with Jolly nature and give it the moves Fake Out, U-Turn, Stone Edge, and High Jump Kick when I'm done training it.

Unfortunately though I'm not sure on how to do Pokemon battles online so I usually stick with battles against people I know IRL. That, and I have absolutely no way to check what kind of EV spread I would be using at the time so yeah EV training's definitely not my strongest suit but I'll get the hang of it eventually once I get my hands on an AR.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
;__; Clearly the answer is PO, Astinus!

Oh, and battling online is easy, well, on both wifi and on PO. On PO all you need to do is download the program, find a server and challenge someone, whereas on wifi you just connect to wifi, go to a room, click battle and battle the person. :3

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I'm too much of a wimp to try competitive battling, unfortunately. The only memory of the stuff I have is battling my brother over a GBA Link Cable. Suffice to say that his defeat put me off the whole business... but it's great that other people get so much enjoyment out of it. More power to you! :D

Back