• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokémon Prism [Premiering on Twitch Plays Pokemon in On October 9th]

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Would I have to chip/mod it tho?

You do have to use a hacked PSP, but hacking a PSP has become significantly easier than before. All you need to do is download a homebrew enabler and it should work.

Last edited:

Southueki

Writer
Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2014
You do have to use a hacked PSP, but hacking a PSP has become significantly easier than before. All you need to do is download a homebrew enabler and it should work.

No need for pandora battery then?

That has always been my problem, getting the battery

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
No need for pandora battery then?

That has always been my problem, getting the battery

Pandora batteries and Magic Memory Sticks are outdated hacking tools. It's a lot simpler now. Lets continue this discussion via VM/PM as this is getting a little off topic.

I do have this to say. Prism on a PSP is the best way to play it. It's perfect, there are no problems, and it's portable!

Southueki

Writer
Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2014
Pandora batteries and Magic Memory Sticks are outdated hacking tools. It's a lot simpler now. Lets continue this discussion via VM/PM as this is getting a little off topic.

I do have this to say. Prism on a PSP is the best way to play it. It's perfect, there are no problems, and it's portable!

That's why I wanted it so badly ahah ^^

GTS

Years
Hey want to say that I love this hack. I downloaded it early today and already have my 3rd badge, but I have a guy who is blocking a path in the forest and then I went back into the cave that a kid was blocking and had to go through a stream type thing as a Magikarp to gain access to the blocked path, but when aia get to the end the guy say's 'I will now grant you acess' and after that it just sit's there and does nothing.

Is it cos that's as far as I'm able to go or something else. I know we're supposed to pm/email you any glitch problem's, but not too sure if it's a glitch or just something wrong on my end.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 21, 2011
Hey. How do I evolve my Misdreavus? It won't let me use the dusk stone I have on it.
Also, is it possible to catch Whismur? If so, where?

Years
  • Seen Sep 16, 2013
There any specific reason why I get a blank screen with a "loaded battery" blinking in red at the bottom left corner after I patch the IPS with LIPS and run the pokemon ruby ROM like I was told to do? I've tried three different roms, including this one.

What might the problem be? This is really frustrating.. I've changed it to 128k, by the way, and it hasn't made a difference.

Last edited:

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
There any specific reason why I get a blank screen with a "loaded battery" blinking in red at the bottom left corner after I patch the IPS with LIPS and run the pokemon ruby ROM like I was told to do? I've tried three different roms, including this one.

What might the problem be? This is really frustrating.. I've changed it to 128k, by the way, and it hasn't made a difference.

You're joking, right?

This is not for Ruby, it's for Gold.

~Red

Meh. Hate me if you will.
Years

:laugh: Oh my...this is...I can't...

In all seriousness, how can you get this wrong?

Years
  • Seen Sep 16, 2013
:laugh: Oh my...this is...I can't...

In all seriousness, how can you get this wrong?

Well, at the time, it was probably around 3 in the morning when I posted that, so I wasn't really aware of anything at that point, and it doesn't really specify what ROM it was based on anywhere in the OP other than the screenshots.

I originally didn't look at the screenshots because I didn't want to spoil anything for myself, which is why I didn't know. I can obviously see now that the graphics are in an older style, but the pokemon mentioned in the bullets were from newer games, so how could you guys laugh at my misunderstanding?

You know what happens when you assume.

EDIT: Got it working, but Pokemon Crono doesn't work, and if I recall, that needs the Ruby ROM which still isn't working after I patched it..

Last edited:

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Well, at the time, it was probably around 3 in the morning when I posted that, so I wasn't really aware of anything at that point, and it doesn't really specify what ROM it was based on anywhere in the OP other than the screenshots.

I originally didn't look at the screenshots because I didn't want to spoil anything for myself, which is why I didn't know. I can obviously see now that the graphics are in an older style, but the pokemon mentioned in the bullets were from newer games, so how could you guys laugh at my misunderstanding?

You know what happens when you assume.

EDIT: Got it working, but Pokemon Crono doesn't work, and if I recall, that needs the Ruby ROM which still isn't working after I patched it..

The first line in the first post says Hack of Pokemon Gold. :\

Anyway, I'm glad Coolboyman is still working on it. :) I hope we'll be able to get a Froslass in the next version; I was quite disappointed when I learnt you couldn't in the current beta. :( But this is, by a mile, my favourite hack, and I can not wait until its completion. It just pushes the boundaries, and I love all the features. :D

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Just curious, do you plan on updating shiny sprites on the next version? The Pokemon from the 3rd gen up don't have the correct shiny pallet yet.

Also, forgive me if I've asked before but
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Sep 27, 2011
I can't find a pokemon gold rom and yes, I have searched google and the only results I get are GBC games.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
Years
I can't find a pokemon gold rom and yes, I have searched google and the only results I get are GBC games.

That's because Pokemon Gold is a Game Boy Color game, not a Game Boy Advance game. You can still patch the rom like normal, and it play perfectly well in VisualBoyAdvance. Hope that helps. ^__^

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years

If you'd read the first post, you'd know this is a GBC game. Please look for your answer before asking.

Also, no offense but if you joined a Pokemon site, shouldn't you have basic knowledge of Pokemon games?

Tatodoc21

Emblem Trainer
Years
Just a quick question. While playing prism and enjoying it, i wanted to know where the safari zone/surf are so i can travel around the place a little bit. So far ive beaten the 4th gym and am searching for the safari zone now any help would be very appreciated!!!!

Back