• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen First Pokemon ever captured

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
In Platinum my first Pokemon ever caught was a Bidoof or a Starly...iI think it was Bidoof.

In HG/SS my first capture...was a Hoothoot! He's a Noctowl lv.67 now.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
Starly.

When I started playing 4th gen I was lucky encounter rate wasn't time based in Platinum (for the most part), I could only play during the night so if it was like HGSS I would've missed out on certain Pokémon.

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2013
Pretty sure is was a Shinx in D/P. Used through-out the whole game.
And don't remember HG/SS. Probably a Pidgey

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Starly for DPt
Hoothoot for SS.
I love me those early bird Pokemon, always a part of my team.

Lunar Crescent

I choose you pikachu!
Years
Starly and Hoothoot, i always use them as i encounter them early on and i tend to linger with them for a while, they might not be the BEST but they are certainly capable of doing their flying duties!

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
Starly for Diamond and Platinum, Sentret for HG and Hoothoot for SS. Starly and Hoothoot are the best normal/flying types in my opinion. For Sentret in HG, though, I never had an official pure normal typpe on my team. so i decided to capture a Sentret for my team.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 13, 2021
Starly in Diamond, Shinx in Platinum, Hoothoot in Soul Silver, and Senret in Heart Gold.

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
I'm not sure what my first Pokemon in DPPt was, but I think it was either Bidoof or Starly. I want to say it was Bidoof in Diamond (the first gen 4 game I played), but I have no clue what it was in the other versions.

In HG/SS, I think it was Hoothoot. It could have been Sentret on HG, but I think I started both games at night, so Hoothoot seems more likely.

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
On Diamond the first pokemon I captured was a starly. I caught it almost immediately after getting my pokeballs.

On Heartgold I think I caught Slowpoke first. I don't really remember it too well.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
In SS it was a Mareep that I then used in a solo run, but overall I think it was a Starly or a Shinx in Pearl. I always catch one or both of them early on, so there's a 99.999% chance that it was them and a .001% chance that it was a Kricketot.

pokemanmdj

Random Passerby
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2016
In my Diamond, I first caught a Starly. I caught a Shinx in Platnium.
I don't exactly remember who I caught first in SS... I think it might have been a Mareep. Not too sure, though.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
In SoulSilver, my first caught Pokemon would be either a Pidgey or a Sentret. Or was it a Ratata? I don't remember.

In Pearl and Platinum, it would have to be either Bidoof or Starly.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
In Pearl, I caught a Shinx in the route above Sandgem town. I named him Shadow because Luxray's hair reminds me of Shadow's quills, lol.

Either after capturing my first Pokemon or after finishing some battles, not sure, I also got Pokerus that early in Pearl.

As for HGSS, my first capture was a Pidgey. I named him Peanuts, after my original Pidgey in Gold.

Back