• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Blue Chrome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 4, 2016
Here it is. The Dual Screen.
dualscreen1.jpg

dualscreen2.jpg

DISCLAIMER: The images shown above may be fully, partially, or not at all in the final version of Pokemon Blue Chrome. This goes for the maps, characters and Pokemon depicted too. This is my test bed project where I test my scripts. Do NOT ask for the Dual Screen script. There is a slight possibility that it will go public, but thats for the future to decide.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Sweet...I love it. Just what we needed. I'll pimp up the graphics and maybe add some other stuff and i think we are good to go with the first demo ;)

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
But what the best part is...both of the screens can be touch screens. It's acctually quite easy to do the mouse controls. The only dumber part is setting up the functions, links and positions of the various graphics since it takes large amounts of coding which can be quite time consuming.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 4, 2016
But what the best part is...both of the screens can be touch screens. It's acctually quite easy to do the mouse controls. The only dumber part is setting up the functions, links and positions of the various graphics since it takes large amounts of coding which can be quite time consuming.
That complication will soon disappear, I'm working on a method to allow for simple button creation with none of the extra code to check for mouse clicks.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Check this out...
capture000.png

As you can see the menu will be in the second screen (instead of poketch, but pokegear shows up when clicked on). This is going to be the final screen size and resolution, and for your information: I'm still working on the graphics and the various scripts, and I have to say...out of all I have done in this game, this is the most fun. The translucent little Pokeball, that's the mouse cursor. I plan to open all of the menu items to be displayed in the bottom screen. For example: If you click on the little map icon, the bottom screen changes into a map while you still can move(that has been done) and when you point the cursor at it, it should change into the map one and when hovering over certain spots on the map, the details of the city/route should be displayed. I love the dual screenXD It just opens soooo many new possibilities.

bluejays

Novice Trainer
Years
  • Seen Oct 25, 2012
Another good idea after reading the first page or so would be to maybe pick the region u start in? So like if u pick kanto then it would be kanto->johto->hoen->sinnoh and if u pick hoen it would be hoen->sinnoh->kanto->johto. It would also be nice if u added thing like battle frontier etc and maybe a few new events here n there that arent normally in the game + some secrets that we could dicover ourselves like a hidden pokemon where u have to walk through this path that look like u cant enter and eventually it would lead u to this extra pokemon? possibly a legendary?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 4, 2016
the dual screen looks great, but will you click where you want your character to walk to (pokemon ranger worked like that, but I got sick of it really fast)
That function was scripted into the various mouse libraries that I implemented in essentials, however I removed them as they were bound to cause problems due to various other scripts it needed that were fully incompatible with essentials. (such as the SDK for a start)

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Another good idea after reading the first page or so would be to maybe pick the region u start in? So like if u pick kanto then it would be kanto->johto->hoen->sinnoh and if u pick hoen it would be hoen->sinnoh->kanto->johto. It would also be nice if u added thing like battle frontier etc and maybe a few new events here n there that arent normally in the game + some secrets that we could dicover ourselves like a hidden pokemon where u have to walk through this path that look like u cant enter and eventually it would lead u to this extra pokemon? possibly a legendary?

I'm not planning at all to make the character choose the starting region because with that i would need so set dozen of switches and events depending on the choice of map which would just be excess, long and unneccecary work. As for the secrets, I already posted an example like that, just check page 4.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Well...here are some more screenshots. I've edited Wesley FG's tiles to match my stile but credit still goes to him for making them in the first place.
capture002.png
capture006.png

capture003.png
capture009.png

capture004.png
capture008q.png

As you can see I have put the male and the female interface up for compare. It's the same features, but different colour and storyline.

Last edited:

bluejays

Novice Trainer
Years
  • Seen Oct 25, 2012
can we at least choose our sprites D= like be the gold n silver people instead of those etc another cool thing would to have underwater cities? sky islands? Ability for the HM that gives u air travel so u fly there instead using air travel while leaving getting to towns quickly strictly to airplanes? Then u could have submarine travel n also u would get to the sky islands using the Air travelling hm w.e. it may be called

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 4, 2016
besides that one little dude hiding behind the tree, how different would the story line be?
Trust me, I've played the game first hand, the story line is nothing like that of Gen I/II/III or IV.

In other news, the Battle system is almost fully dual screen, clicks and all, I have also got wild pokemon to animate when you encounter them, but trainer's pokemon don't do that yet :/ Don't exactly know why. But the Pokemon will animate fine in the summary screen as well.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
besides that one little dude hiding behind the tree, how different would the story line be?

Acctually that guy is there too in both versions, he just moves about randomly so i didn't get him in the second screenshot. Well the story varies with what you choose at the beginning. If you choose the girl and the first option of the boy, the story follows the Normal Adventure stated in the first post. Then you can also choose another male character (Lucas from Platinum) and the extended story comes in play (also described in the first post).

xxlucifera

Zero; Less Than Three
Years
This has probably already been asked, but its two in the morning here and I am beyond past too tired to read through the pages.
Is there a playable Beta?

<3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back