• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Changing Grass Animation

Years
Many hackers at PC have had trouble with this. Here's a tutorial on how to do it.

Let me know if the image 'dies' and I'll re-upload it.

EDIT: The image died and I think I deleted the image from my computer. But I have the microsoft word document I wrote it in.
Download is in the attachments.

Last edited:

Geeked

Pokemon Crimson Version
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 9, 2012
Thankx thethethethe your da best.

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Wow very nice tutorial thethethethe,
It is very advanced,
thanks for sharing it ;)
It helped me alot

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
Years
This is definatly helpful, I have always had trouble with the grass tile animation, I never really looked into changing it but I'm glad someone did. I'll make sure to give you credit in my hack.

SerenadeDS

Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 7, 2013
Ah! I was looking for the Grass Animation color in the Palette Viewer! I should have looked at OAM. Thanks alot thethethethe! This will help me alot! ;)

Years
It is a very good tutorial. Nice job. One thing, though. You only need to edit 5 animations, not 30. Some of the animations in there are from the grass from R/S/, and therefore do nothing. The others are just completely usesless for editing the grass that is shown.

Years
Thanks for the feedback. I think you're right about the ruby tiles. But it is definately more than 5 that you should be changed. I think it's probably more along the lines of 10-15. I think it's these ones that need to be changed. Only the ones inside the boxes.
upload-1.png

I'll fix the thread once I find out for sure, which ones need to be changed.

Anyway, if you change them all you won't miss any. It shouldn't matter since the Ruby tiles(as far as I know) have no use in an FR rom.

Years
You may call me a n00b for this question:
Which offsets do you look for? The Red ones, the Yellow ones or both?

I just wanted to be sure.

Sorry this took me a while to answer. You can search for either, but since your a self proclaimed "n00b", it might be easier if you search for the red one. That way you can just goto that offset in APE/Hex editor.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
This is incredibly useful. Though I won't be using this tutorial until I get much further into my hack at the moment, I will use it once I reach a release date. Thanks 100%!

Years
thats a lot of tiles for a bit of grass, are they all basically part of the same small walking through grass animation?

Back