• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I must be missing something or the game just doesn't like me. How do you access Abyssal Ruins from Undella Bay? I've used Dive in all the dark spots on the water but I'm never able to move after doing so. The game just forces me back up the water after 10 seconds. Is it a specific Dive spot? If so where is it?

I've surfed around and dived in every spot already >_>.

When you get underwater, you can see the building, right? Just keep pressing forward, it's like the Skyarrow bridge in that the camera angle changes, but you're still going in the same direction. You'll spiral downwards and into the building. If you go backwards or wait, you'll float back to the top. It's a bit confusing.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
thanks for your condescension .. But its always been a move tutored move. and I am asking where the move tutor that knows it would be..

It hasn't always been a move tutor move iirc.

and it's not teachable in this generation, it's only available in Gen IV

Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2011
Post-Elite Four Help

I've cleared the game the first time around, my pokemon are all around lv. 50, except for the rufflet that I am in the process of training. I'm trying to go on the other side of the region, but trainers demolish me...

How are you supposed to train or level up if you can't beat them? Any tips are appreciated, thanks!

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
I've cleared the game the first time around, my pokemon are all around lv. 50, except for the rufflet that I am in the process of training. I'm trying to go on the other side of the region, but trainers demolish me...

How are you supposed to train or level up if you can't beat them? Any tips are appreciated, thanks!

The Sports domes in Nimbasa city are great places to level up. Also the Royal Unova in Castelia City. Then there's also Victory Road for wild Pokemon.

Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2011
Please help!!!!!!!!!!!

I really want to start a pokemon walkthrough for youtube but the thing that is troubling me is the team I should get so that I can make it as quick and painless as possible.

DayDreamer

Pokemon Gamer
Years
The Sports domes in Nimbasa city are great places to level up. Also the Royal Unova in Castelia City. Then there's also Victory Road for wild Pokemon.
They're the same levels as the east side trainers so bad idea xD.

I recommend fighting the wild pokemon in the grass and avoid the trainers for now. The wild pokemon range from 40~60 so you should level up quick.

Years
Help With EV training

I've been Ev training my Lucario on Litwick for the past hour i know that it recalculates after every battle however, he was not receiving another stat point ever 4 Ev's. His Special attack and Attack are completely full now but it is still allowing me to give him alot of HP UP and stuff. My total should be 510 has there been even more EV training changes in this generation?

darkfighter

That random guy
Years
I'm trying to decide wether I should add a new pokemon to my team or not.

Should I add Ferroseed to my party? I always carry at least one high defense pokemon in my games. This pokemon looks all right, but I've heard there are better pokemon. The only options I have in mind is waiting until I catch a Cofrigus or a Musharna later on in the game.

"Why not train a Munna now?". Because I'm a bit impatient to train a pokemon that many levels right now. The Munna I have is in my PC- Level 8.

What should I do?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I love my Ferrothorn. It can stand up to pretty much anything except fire/fighting, and Power Whip is beastly. It's the highest leveled Pokemon in my party, just because it's so much easier to level than all of my other Pokemon.

WildEagle

Call me, Your Royal Freshness
Years
"Why not train a Munna now?". Because I'm a bit impatient to train a pokemon that many levels right now. The Munna I have is in my PC- Level 8.

What should I do?

Pokemon with low levels is easy to train actually. If your in around 5-6th gym just go to a shaking grass and train on audino and watch Munna gets load of Exp because of it's low level.

fire woven

Erif Nevow, my RP name
Years

This got on my nerves too. I recomend White Forest/Black City. I know its an effort to avoid the trainers getting there, but your team should be good enough to get there.

Master Jecht

Hmmm..
Years
what is a good place to train after completing the main story. My pokemon are in the mid 50s and everyone else seems to have 65+. And the elite 4 are all 70+. Thanks.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
Years
Is there a way to battle with your friends with your pokemon converted to level 100 instead of level 50 ?
I don't believe there is; the only thing you can do is just raise them to level 100, as far as I know.

what is a good place to train after completing the main story. My pokemon are in the mid 50s and everyone else seems to have 65+. And the elite 4 are all 70+. Thanks.
What I did was to go back to Relic Castle, catch the level 70 Volcarona at the bottom (easy as pie) and then abuse that and the Exp. Share to get my Pokemon up a bit. Also, it helps to have fully evolved, high base stat Pokemon, because a lot of the Trainers post-E4 - while they do wield level 60+s - are only running Buizel, Taillow and the like, so something like a level 55 Haxorus chews through them quite easily.

Does Absorb Bulb absorb water type moves even if my pokemon is a fire type ?
Absorb Bulb does not actually absorb (ie negate) the attack, from what I can tell. It just gives you a special attack boost, so damage calculation is applied normally.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
Years
I've been Ev training my Lucario on Litwick for the past hour i know that it recalculates after every battle however, he was not receiving another stat point ever 4 Ev's. His Special attack and Attack are completely full now but it is still allowing me to give him alot of HP UP and stuff. My total should be 510 has there been even more EV training changes in this generation?
When a Pokemon gains 4 EVs in a particular stat, all that that means is that the Pokemon will have one extra point in that stat when it reaches level 100. They don't always manifest straight away as far as I know. Sure, they usually do (managed to give my Absol a freaking +12 speed increase in one level once) but at the end of the day, if you do the maths, they'll be there. As for why you can keep feeding it vitamins, well . . . I have no idea, frankly. Maybe you miscalculated? I'm really not sure.

I could be wrong, as I'm no expert on EV training. In fact, I'm probably not the best person to answer this question, but it didn't look like anyone else was going to, so . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back