• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC's Valentines Newly-weds Challenge

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023

A Valentines Special:
Newly-weds Challenge
Wanna test your knowledge of your pair, or a friend? Come along and take the test :3 Also make sure you read over all the information in this thread before signing you and your pair up. Once this thread is posted feel free to sign up, however you have to post the name of your pair or friend so make sure you actually know who it is!

So what does this challenge involve?

Just reply to this thread in that you wish for both your pair and you to participate. Make sure that you're paired in Other Trivia's pairing thread, and then you're eligible for this (if you're also paired up in the matchmakers thread then you'll also be able to apply for this - however keep in mind you'll have better chances of doing better if you've been paired with someone for a while, rather than a few days). Scratch that, any two people can enter as long as they've made sure the other person knows, they don't necessarily have to be paired through PC's pairing system. Feel free to enter as many pairings (by pairings I mean unofficial or official pairs, of friends, romantic friends, etc) as you'd like!

Example:
My pair, ______ and I are entering, hook us up etc.

Then, after that once it hits February 19th American EST (so you have a day to get to know your match-up if you're entering as part of the matchmaker thread), you'll each be sent out a PM. This is when it's crucial not to talk about the contents of the PM to your pair. In said PM, you'll each receive the same questions, but you have to reply to it how you think your partner would respond (you'll also be asked to answer with what you would actually answer, too, to make sure at the end I can confirm it's correct!) Simple! You'll have more fun if you don't ask your partner what they'd respond, and given that there's no prizes then you're only cheating yourself (except maybe an emblem). At 12am American EST (when February 21st starts) the results will be announced in this thread - which could become amusing to read. :3

Also, throughout the event feel free to do couple-y things with one another around PC if you want to!

Couples

1. Toujours x Sanginius

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Me and my pair François will be officially kicking yo butts. ♥ (Also known as entering!)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
My pair, the magnificently handsome Juicy, and I, are entering this peasant competition. We will be the very best pair, like no two ever were.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Just bumping this so a few people from the match-up join - I'll give it another day before then because nobody from the match-up has actually joined yet and I extended it so they could. Come on guys, participate!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
22nd, ya. Just try and see if you can get more people to participate :)

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Hi everyone; just so you know, I've been asked by Nica to take over on running this event, so... yeah, I will still PM the questions to each of you in a couple of hours, and I'll also post all the results at the end.

So, thanks for the understanding, and sorry for any inconvenience. ^^

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I don't know if this is the good place to post this but.. why did Nica asked you to run it? =/

Not that I don't like you or anything, just curious.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I don't know if this is the good place to post this but.. why did Nica asked you to run it? =/

Not that I don't like you or anything, just curious.

You'll have to ask her personally about that -- unfortunately, I can't give you a solid answer. ):

All I know is that supposedly, she's taking taking a break from PC for a couple of days and she asked me to run it.

Last edited:

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Alright, btw do we get an emblem for participating or we could get an emblem for winning? Because it said You'll have more fun if you don't ask your partner what they'd respond, and given that there's no prizes then you're only cheating yourself (except maybe an emblem).

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Alright, btw do we get an emblem for participating or we could get an emblem for winning? Because it said You'll have more fun if you don't ask your partner what they'd respond, and given that there's no prizes then you're only cheating yourself (except maybe an emblem).

There hasn't been emblems made yet, but, I assume that there will be emblems for both participating, and for winning. At least for one or the other.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Is it too late to sign-up? I wasn't here at all on the 19th. :(

If not ,
My pair Cosmotone8 and I would like to enter. (He's only my pair for the matchmakers thing but we're good friends so we know each other well. )

If so, I'm sorry , as I said I didn't have to be here on the 19th. :(

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Were we both supposed to get a PM cause I don't remember getting one. Though I'm thinking Cosmotone did cause he VMed me first on the 19th. I just was slow to reply till last night.

Back