• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pyromancers: Fire-type Pokémon Club

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
Which Fire Type has or will have the best Mega Evolution in the games?
We'll, I'd have to say Charizard because for 1) he has two of them, and 2) I've seen both in battle and they do good.
I like mega Houndoom's design, but I'd like to see a mega volcorona. That will probably be badass.

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Name: Miau
Pick two Fire-type Partner Pokémon: Victini and Talonflame
Reason(s) for liking Fire-types: They're warm! And well, most are very well-rounded Pokemon, with good offense and speed, and more often than not, that's enough to get you through the game. If you need a fast, hard-hitting Pokemon, a Fire-type is definitely a good option.

My favorite would be Mega Charizard Y, but man, Mega Houndoom looks so awesome, I didn't realize that it's basically a hell hound now with that bone collar and horns.

What are some Fire-type Pokémon that you think should have a type added or changed?

Everybody already mentioned Ninetales, and I agree. Darmanitan could work as a Fire/Fighting dual type, but I guess Fire starters already did that. Going by appearance, I guess Charizard was born to be Dragon, but I see why they didn't do it in gen 1, so Mega Charizard X was definitely long due to happen.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
Name: Miau
Pick two Fire-type Partner Pokémon: Victini and Talonflame
Reason(s) for liking Fire-types: They're warm! And well, most are very well-rounded Pokemon, with good offense and speed, and more often than not, that's enough to get you through the game. If you need a fast, hard-hitting Pokemon, a Fire-type is definitely a good option.

My favorite would be Mega Charizard Y, but man, Mega Houndoom looks so awesome, I didn't realize that it's basically a hell hound now with that bone collar and horns.

What are some Fire-type Pokémon that you think should have a type added or changed?

Everybody already mentioned Ninetales, and I agree. Darmanitan could work as a Fire/Fighting dual type, but I guess Fire starters already did that. Going by appearance, I guess Charizard was born to be Dragon, but I see why they didn't do it in gen 1, so Mega Charizard X was definitely long due to happen.

Welcome! Ninetales seemed to be a clear choice. Darmanitan would definitely work as Fire/Fighting, but we are pretty well stuffed with them already. Mega Charizard X was very long overdue, I agree.

Echo mentioned making Magmortar a Fire/Fighting-type. I disagree because A. it's suited better for special attacks and B. it doesn't have real arms, they seem to be flamethrowers, so it doesn't fit for me.

It also seems Mega Volcarona is on a lot of people's wish lists? How do you think they'd do that?

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Echo mentioned making Magmortar a Fire/Fighting-type. I disagree because A. it's suited better for special attacks and B. it doesn't have real arms, they seem to be flamethrowers, so it doesn't fit for me.

It also seems Mega Volcarona is on a lot of people's wish lists? How do you think they'd do that?
well.... it looks like a Fire/Fighting type to me.
Mega Volcarona should have....bigger wings and more white part whatever it is called.

Demon Wolf

American Wolf
Years
Name: pokamon
Fire partners: blaziken and mega charizard x
Reasons for why I like fire types: fire types are vicious to every type , work of art as in beauty , and strength
Best fire mega evolution will b charizard z I made up it could b a combo of fire n water

Years

Ninetales should definitely be fire/psychic. Charizard should've been fire/dragon as well but given that ice was dragon's only weakness in the first generation (as there was no damaging dragon move back then) it'd have meant Charizard would have no weakness. Glad they made its X mega form fire/dragon.

Oh I just love mega Houndoom.. though I see so little of the guy, he seems underrated. The design is really cool and I didn't think they could make Houndoom cooler than he already was!

Wicked3DS

Years
Name: pokamon
Fire partners: blaziken and mega charizard x
Reasons for why I like fire types: fire types are vicious to every type , work of art as in beauty , and strength
Best fire mega evolution will b charizard z I made up it could b a combo of fire n water

Welcome! A Fire/Water Charizard? That would be...odd to say the least.

Charizard should've been fire/dragon as well but given that ice was dragon's only weakness in the first generation (as there was no damaging dragon move back then) it'd have meant Charizard would have no weakness.

It still would've been weak to both Rock and Ground though as a Fire-type.

Years

Charizard, specifically the X form. It has a pretty good coverage typing in Fire/Dragon which is only resisted by like, Azumarill if memory serves me right. It also has that nice ability that strengthens his contact moves and mine surely saved me a lot in stuff like sky battles and the Elite Four. Not to mention I love his black/blue color scheme.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
if we are still on the opinion

what fire pokemon has the best mega

I love Houndoom Mega the best as it changed more to it's design that the other fire megas.

Dragon_Trainer_

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years

I'd like to see a Mega Arcanine. Can anyone here give a projection to the thought? How awesome it would be? It already looks soooooo Awesome, after the much awaited Mega Evolution it will become Mega Awesome!!! Just think about it!!

Wicked3DS

Years
Typhlosion and Arcanine are both good choices because they are very open-ended, leaving the possibilities for Mega Evolution nearly endless.

Let's open up a new topic, shall we?

What is your favorite Fire-Type legendary?

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
I would say Victini because I got him at the beginning of my white version and trained him all the way to the league. Plus it was the first fire/psychic type (I think) and it did well

Years

Victini! Cute and a pretty strong attacker all in one, with a handy ability that benefits its teammates as well, plus given my pair is a Victini fan I admit he made me love the little guy even more. Alongside Victini, Reshiram also gets a mention due to being very beautiful-looking and it has near unresisted coverage (pretty much the only thing I remember resisting the Dragon/Fire combo is Azumarill and Carbink) and has an awesome ability that serves like Mold Breaker.

Wicked3DS

Years
Don't know a whole lot about Victini, but yes it was the first Fire/Psychic type which is definitely pretty cool. Reshiram was never really my cup o tea but being Dragon/Fire is pretty cool. Heatran is also one I'm not so familiar with but having the Steel-type with it is pretty nice to not have to worry about Rock-types that much. Entei is just awesome and that's that, nothing more I really need to say there.

My favorite is Moltres. I just love it's design and with Fire being my favorite type it stands out to me.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
my fave fire type legendary is Ho-Oh because of its design. the big colorful wings <3 and also because it's a Rainbow Pokémon.

Back