• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

★ Toxic to the Touch ★ Poison Type Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nakala Pri

In Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia, they have Electrodes wandering the streets where kids play. :O Talk about a danger to the people/environment/other Pokemon and my TimTams stash, heehee.

Sorry about this guys, but you've been a tad inactive. Maybe try posting a tad more? Thanks! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
If it's the latter, yeah he's pretty cool. He uses both Muk AND Weezing, some of my favorites, haha. I like Pokemon that can explode.
Those are two pretty cool Pokémon, I adore Koga's team for it haha. I prefer the more sneaky and agile Poison-types though - things like Ariados or Toxicroak give the Poison typing its name whereas the exploders are just... awesome, but not typical of Poison XD Or would you say otherwise? Muk and Weezing are certainly two of the most iconic Poison-types... but why is this? I blame James from the anime. :p

Sirfetch’d

Who Is Your Favorite Gym Leader/Elite Four Poison Type User?

Koga ofc! Koga is the original Poison master and I loved fighting his team in the games because he had a team of excellent Pokemon and he also presented more of a challenge. In gen 2 when he made an appearance in the Elite Four I was pleasantly surprised. I never expected for him to be there, but I was happy because he was one of my favorite leaders from the previous gen. I also adored the fact that he used one of my favorite Pokemon of all time, Crobat <3

Nakala Pri

Crobat is pretty cool, but Koffing for the win! :D And Scolipede... and every single Poison type, haha. xD

I'll be adding some club content, so be prepared. c:

Years
Haha Scolipede was my jam in Gen 5- She ended up faster than anything and everything I took her up against!

An' also while James totally gave Weezing some existence beyond what it already was, I'm pretty sure Muk became iconic due to his "affinity" for Prof. Oak; I love how that gag endured in the anime as long as it did/has, actually.

Also, Rozu, for some strange reason I saw you say "Koffing for the win" and I imagined a bunch of people playing volleyball with a Koffing, and every time a team misses and it lands on the ground, it uses selfdestruct :3 My mind works wonders I can't even comprehend...

Nakala Pri

I adore Poison-types so I'd love to join, please! I'll pick
088.png
and
590.png
as my partners; my two favourite Poison-types.

I'll only answer one topic for now and save some for later, so I'll explain why I choose these two as my favourites! Honestly I love the huge majority of Poison types, hence my old Poison club, but these two have always shone out about the rest for me.. I adore the way Grimer is able to mould his body around attacks and absorb any physical attack like it's nothing, whilst all the while being able to deliver hit after hit after hit of power and poison back at the opponent. I've loved Grimer ever since the summer school episode of the DP anime where Dawn was given one to use - it was the posing and this moment sold it for me:

tumblr_lteinwO3gl1r58vuxo1_500.jpg

As for Foongus, I've never used one and don't really want to because it would almost certainly spoil it for me when I realise I hate its play style, but it's just so damn cute :D

That picture makes me think about how whenever a Muk or Grimer drags itself across the land, it leaves a trail of death and decay, making sure nothing will ever grow. Then how does Dawn openly stick her arm through a Grimer, eh? Wouldn't it cause her a skin condition or perhaps an illness?

P.S: Didn't watch the anime, plan to soon. xD

Years
Pokedex entries always make Pokemon more awesome than they actually are. Either that, or the show simply ignores that aspect of the game world.
Now that I'm thinking about it, i think it'd be cool- a darker anime where the Pokemon are truly dangerous. Grimer and Muk are super toxic and hard to train because they can make their trainers ill on contact. Gengars actually hiding in ppl's shadows and maliciously possessing them a la exorcist style- Banette's is actually my favorite- seek it out if you have the time ;D

Years
Imma gonna join and pick these two Pokemon:

stunky.png
crobat.png

What Is Your Favorite And Why?

I always loved Stunky and Skuntank, because I knew that before 4th Gen I was thinking they should make a skunk into a Pokemon (given how cute I think those critters are) and I used it quite a bit in my D/P/Pt playthroughs, and with not many weaknesses it's pretty hard to take down, not to mention how unique of a type combination Poison/Dark is!

Least Favorite?

Garbodor ewww. While Trubbish was adorable and everything, Garbodor looks so freaky with that facial expression and the fact it's like a monster made of rubbish. The poor thing's movepool, despite being diverse, doesn't make good use of its good Attack stat due to mainly having special-based attacks. I would have enjoyed it better if it only had a good physical movepool to work with, and maybe a bit less ugly? Probably worst Poison-type ever imo, the design is horrid.

Who Is Your Favorite Gym Leader/Elite Four Poison Type User?

Roxie baby! I love how she's a lead singer in a rock band and her Gym's really cool, and I love all the awesome fanart of her that has been floating on sites like DeviantArt, Pixiv and Tumblr. I mean, I thought I'd never love Poison-type trainers and then suddenly they introduce her in Black 2 & White 2, because she was my saving grace for showing more love towards Poison-types.

Nakala Pri

Welcome to the team, Hikari! Good to have you here! ^^

I actually agree with you on like, everything there.

P.S: Don't tell anyone, but I wanna pet skunk. xD

Nakala Pri

Everyone! I've just let out the content I mentioned! Please check just above the little signatures I set out for you.

Good luck~

Yo, peeps! Stay active or I'll be forced to do something you won't like. So can you PLEASE post more before I do that thing? >:c

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
Well now I'm curious as to what that thing is (unless it's locking the thread. That would make me sad :()

I am quite confused as to the clue thing. I'm not even sure if I'm trying to guess what something is, or if it makes up part of the "toxic question." Haha, it's probably something really obvious, tho. I'm terrible xD

That aside I FREAKING LOVE the Scolipede signature thingamajig... incorporating to sig now...

Nakala Pri

Well, I'll announce the prizes on the main page. :P

If you demand a hint, here is one:

One the most popular thread, it is now on the nineteenth of a little part of the forum used by Apple Juice. Good luck! (I made it too obvious, haha!)

Glad you like it!

Years
Joinin'! About time. :) I'll pick this adorable little guy as my favorite poison:
001.gif

..which probably seems boring since it's a starter but I adore him so much. But outside Bulbasaur, whose primary type is grass, my other favorites are Crobat, Gasty's line, Scolipede, Roselia's line, the Nidorans.. it's hard to pick since a lot of them are awesome. Isn't this just amazing:

Spoiler:

Crobat has some great artwork!

Nakala Pri

Welcome Cirno! Good to have you have you here. Bulbasaur you say? Well, it is so gorgeous! I want one, so I can rub it's belly and feed it lettuce. So cute! ^^

I totally agree! Its so hard to pick which family line is the best. But the Nidorans are just so gorgeous, so I'll have to go with them. :3

That art-work is amazing! I really love the colors used in that one. :O

Black Dynamite

Resident Noob
Years
I'd love to join, and rep poison types :D
I really like poison types, they make amazing walls when used right. and in my opinion are one of the best types to mix another type with!
my favorites : Haunter and toxicroak

093.png

454.png

Nakala Pri

Congrats! I'll sign you up ASAP. :P

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
Right. Bulbasaur. That little thing is so cute, and has almost always been my starter whenever it's offered. It's just too bad I don't generally like evolving Pokemon, but it seems that I must out of necessity, so I end up with Venusaur who I'm a lot more indifferent about (same can be said about most final stages for me).

Fortunately, if I get X or Y, I can have Bulbasaur stay a Bulbasaur, and just evolve the other creature I don't have any attachments towards. :P Not only that, but Mega Venusaur ain't worth it. It doesn't look bad, but it doesn't look any different, either.

...which coming from me, a person who says Pokemon's designs need to go back to being simple, is saying something.

Nakala Pri

I'm going to have Bulbasaur and Fennekin, can I get some applause? >:D

Nakala Pri

Yup, I can make an exception. I might not be able to add moves, but I'll do my best. If anyone wants any bonus Pokemon, lemme know. :P

Welcome, Cloyster! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back