• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Ailment Do You Hate Most

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
^
more incentive to catch a female pokemon instead. Although you cant do that sometimes..

confusion irks me the most ingame, since couldnt be bothered to heal with full heal/casteliacone knowing after battle it will be healed anyway

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 25, 2013
Definitely paralysis, it's just so frustrating and I always have the worst luck with it.

Poisoning sucks too, but since I usually use poison type pokemon I don't have to deal with it that often.

SuperSaiyanII

Cool Story Bro!!
Years
Confusion sucks for me because my Pokemon pretty much always hurt themselves and on top of that, whenever I confuse the opponent, They never seem to get hurt in confusion.

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2013
The only ones that I don't like is Confusion/ Infatuation. The rest of them don't bother me.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Poison used to be so cruel to me. In FireRed, I was in Viridian Forest when a Weedle poisoned my Squirtle. It died and I whited out ffdgfguhhh! Well, I like how the Pokemon doesn't die when you walk around with Poison anymore...

In battle, I can't stand holding my breath and crossing my fingers just to see if my Pokemon gets through Confusion/Infatuation. sigh.

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
I hate infatuation and poison especially infatuation since I always catch male Pokemon... :)

But, poison always annoys me when I'm walking I was like in a battle with KOGA on FireRed when My Charizard got poisoned by Toxic! Oh man it was really annoying! :)

Years
  • Seen Sep 4, 2012
Confusion isn't actually that bad for me. Paralysis seems to be an issue though, but more because of the speed thing.

Danny Leo

The Best There Is!
Years
I've had a strong dislike for infatuation ever since the "CIPHER Admin Venus" battle in Pokemon Colosseum, so I'd probably go with that as my most hated ailment. Confusion is probably a close second, since I've had slightly better luck with that one.

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2013
Sleep, hands down.

Just because with the other statuses you have that reassurance that it's permenant until you do something. If you're burned, poisoned, etc., it's gonna stay that way until you use an item/ cleric.

But with Sleep, it dangles the possibility of waking up right in your face, just to dash it away to be sitting there useless for another turn.

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2020
Tie between infatuation and poison. Infatuation... it's hard to score a hit cause your Pokemon just fell in love with the opponent. Had to see your Pokemon with hearts plastered all over it whilst taking hard hits, until it dies.

Poison, it's not much of a big deal, but when it's badly poisoned, that's the idea. You take maximizing damage over time, even after a battle. It's a huge bother.

Twilight Sky

» s t r a w b e r r y fields ♪
Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2013
Seeing this competitive: Confusion. I think Paralysis is next to that. And infatuation on some level. Or rather, let's just do it like this:

Confusion and Infatuation are on the same level of annoyance here. With Infatuation, your pokemon, chances are, isn't going to move and you're going to be really lucky if they strike a hit, whilst your opponent is just going to sit there, setting up on you in like 50 different ways and its gg from there. @_@; it's the same thing with confusion, except there's a huge risk that you might kill yourself, thus giving your opponent a free turn. Meh.

Though speaking of these things as far as in-game goes, I still find infatuation to be a pain to put up with, but Paralysis becomes increasingly annoying and and a pain to tolerate.

TheLeetCasualGamer

Hi, I'm strange :3
Years
I seem to have the worst luck with confusion and that seems to be the only part of any of the games that KOs my Pokemon.

I hit my enemy with confusion, they always seem to get out of it too quickly and the never hit themselves rendering my turn as worthless.

When I get hit by it, my Pokemon ALWAYS hit themselves and sometimes even changes the outcome completely within the fight.

So it feels worthless when I use it, but almost god-like and cheap when the AI uses it. Therefore, it's my least favorite. Don't even get me started with my Swagger rage, I keep thinking it's going to be helpful in my team but...... UUUUUUGH!!!!!!!!!! And somehow the AI just manages to place me in bad situations with it, it's unfair!

Back