• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which Yugioh series is your favorite?

Which ugioh series is your favorite?

• Yu-Gi-Oh

Votes: 21 65.6%
  • Yu-Gi-Oh GX

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 26, 2021
For me it would have to be a tie between the original Yugioh and the Yugioh 5D's I felt that both of them action packed compared tothe GX and Zexal but don't get me wrong I like those two as well just not as much.

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Since GX was my first and I have seen it 2 (some episodes 3) times I gotta say GX since I loved everything about it.
I loved original YGO mainly because of Yami/Atemu so it's a biiiiiiit worse than GX.

Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2012
Yugioh has yugi in it like yama yugi so origanal is the BEST. I summon Wined dragon of ra scyfer the sky dragon and obilesk the tormentor!!!!!! BLLLLLLLAAAAH
Also with the Blue eyes and Dark Magicain stand off.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 12, 2018
The last arc and only the last arc of Yugioh base was my favorite. For actual relation to the game, it'd probably be GX. 5Ds started fine, but ended up taking itself more serious that I'd like. Zexal is really feeling like a bad mahou shoujo series. I'll might like it more once second season starts up and the Astral World gets more involved, but for now, not so much.

Years
Original series for me, since it was the only one I ever watched.

Also, Yugi is much better than the other main protagonists.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Call me crazy, but I liked all 4 series, particularly the original series and 5D's, the former for the nostalgia factor and the latter for the "CARD GAMES ON MOTORCYCLES!" ZEXAL kind of comes in close for having a bunch of allusions to the past 3 series.

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
I've enjoyed 5D's more than the rest of the shows, it was the first one I actually finished as it was airing. I'm having a lot of fun with Zexal at the moment, though it's nothing groundbreaking. I got pretty bored with GX around the end of the first 20 episodes and didn't really get back into it until the Yubel stuff started happening. And the first series is kind of all over the place for me thanks to the incredible amount of filler, but I can back to it weekly, so it must have been doing something right.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
The original was what started it all. Plus, the entire 5,000 year old Pharaoh storyline makes it a really great Anime. The newer ones have nothing over it. Yami Marik will forever be one of the most entertaining villain of all time! Don't get me wrong, I also love 5D, as Yusei is badass and would be tough to choose between him & Atemi as a duel partner. GX didn't really cut it nor have I tried Zexal, I know I won't like Zexal at all so I'm not even going to bother there.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 11, 2012
The original Yugioh. It's the only one I could get into. It's also a bit nostalgic; the heavily rewritten/edited dub had it's own charm that made it develop into it's own series(I compare it to Voltron/Go Lion and Ronin Warriors/Samurai Troopers).

GX felt silly(Kaiba is that arrogant and obsessed over a game to make a freaking school for it).

5D's was even more silly with dueling on motor cycles. It also tried too hard to be dark and they tried too hard to make Yusei like Yami/Atem.

Zexal is basically a failed attempt at being a card version of Pokemon. If they had pulled it off well, I would have enjoyed it.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
Years
My all time favorite is the original. Not because of Yugi, but because of the whole plot line and concept with the Millennium artifacts.

GX feels ridiculous, but I never completed it so I don't know much about the story.

Same goes for 5D's. Riding Duel feels just akward at first, but turns out to be pretty good when you watch the whole duel. But I only watched 20episodes so I have no idea about the story.

I've yet to hear a good thing about Zexal, so I probably won't watch it anytime soon.

Also, I have to recommend the Japanese version of Yu-Gi-Oh! It's just so different and more serious, with better music. I love it when Pharaoh says "Aibo!" (Partner). And I love their Engrish during duels.

Yuzuru Otonashi

A new start...
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 16, 2014
5Ds, for what it was blatantly based on, plus the fact that Dark Signers was well done and brought me back to the franchise. Writing perspective, gotta say original over the followers.

GX was by and large the worst of the series. The plot was slow and incoherent at times, the main is a sue whose problems rarely make any amount if sense, and it s overall a mix of a bunch of other series' elements mashed together and given cards. However, props to Sartorius for refusing to duel after he had what he needed... Well, until Neos Hax.

5Ds is card games with Spiral Power. Seriously, watch the series while picturing it as Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann with cards. That's 5Ds. Yusei is a bad Yugi/Simon fusion.

ZeXal... Is marginally better than GX. That said... Its pretty awful. It takes elements from Megaman Starforce, Saint Seiya, and the like. Tron/Vetrix is like an Expy of Bermuda Von Vechtenstein from Katekyou Hitman Reborn, even his hatred fueled 69, And this list just goes on. Add to it, the main's annoying as all hell and butchers the idiot hero role to death.

Basically, you can't watch anything from this franchise without it ripping off/being an homage to/otherwise referencing at least 1 series heavily, if not more. They don't have any originality. Yes, it's true that originality is not everything, and that execution is superior, but... There's neither quality nor originality in the series after the original.

Last edited:

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Nothing beats the original for me. It is what I grew up with.. it taught me so many things, gave me inspiration, gave me something to love.

If it wasn't for Yugioh I wouldn't have half the friends I do now. I wouldn't have met the person who introduced me to this forum. I wouldn't have met and fell in love with my boyfriend either. It helped shape my drawing and art style. It has influenced me a lot.

Yugioh is my childhood. It is my past but also my present, and I don't see it leaving any time soon.

The Japanese version was epic. The music was brilliant, the voices awesome, and the characters intriguing and/or fun!

Last edited:

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
I watched the first four seasons. Then I grew out of it.

I hated what they did to the show after. They ended one story and started another - like Pokemon should - but they didn't even make it remotely interesting, and instead relied on predictable duels with pathetically themed decks like E.Heroes and all of my interest just died, including in the actual TCG though that was more of a money thing.

I played the Yu-Gi-Oh TCG series for several years. I was good but not great and I never had whatever the "in" card was until it was no longer "in." I quit because of that (when Dark Armed Dragon was the card... that bleeping thing...). It was all about spending money, and there's a reason - several, actually - of why the franchise is pretty much dead. Just too short-term.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
ygo!0 taught us all how dangerous street fighter can be.

can you get the reference?

Taemin

[i][b]MOVE[/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2023
The original Yugioh was the one that impacted me the most, and I really enjoyed it along with some friends of mine for a few years. However, my favorite series is GX, I met some close friends of mine thanks to that series, and I loved the anime, and the characters, and etc. It was more fun for me than the original, even though I like them both.

5Ds.. eh, I watched a lot of it, but really sort of lost interest before it ended, and I've never seen and never intend to watch Zaxel.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
Years
Yu-Gi-Oh! season 0, Yu-Gi-Oh! and Yu-Gi-Oh! GX were the only ones I could really get in to. When 5Ds came around, that's when I stopped watching it because I couldn't understand how they could carry on the series with a card game on motorcycles.
totally tried not to use a Yugioh abridged series reference there

Strdstwanderer

We'll get to that tomorrow
Years
GX definitely, The seasons are different in tone, the first half of season 1 being a more whimsical start boiling up to a dark plot when the shadow riders arc began, Then season 2 new characters were introduced, a darker villain using destiny and his visions of the future as his weapon, not to mention one of Chazz's greatest achievement: winning the genex tournament. Season 3 soon followed with the survival duels, life and death situations and Jaden falling in to the dark side. Season 4, everyone trying to enjoy their last year at school and a darker evil attacks...

Back