• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Diamond hack: Pokemon Ruby Magma & Sapphire Aqua

Status
Not open for further replies.

jordanice42

The True Brendan Birch
Years
Here is my review on the game so far:
Overall, the game is great for a start!!

However, there are some things to fix:
-When walking in the overworld, sometimes the tiles get a little buggy (it gets a little staticky)
-Some of the tree sprites have a strange black box under them.

Things I hope to see in future updates:
-Being able to go inside the houses that are not accessible at the moment.
-Professor Birch being implemented
-Player and Rival's house being changed to look like the original RS games.
-Changing the rival to May.
-Adding the player's battle sprite.
-Littleroot Town and Oldale Town music updates.
-Lastly, I'd like to see new Brendan overworlds, because as I've said before, the ones being used in the current version are being used in many other projects. I've created my own rendition if you want to see them.

Years
  • Seen Jul 10, 2013
Working well on R4DS but what the guy a few posts above said is all true. Great hack though! Keep up the good work! Cant wait to play the full game!

Noticed that when you give Nurse Joy your Pokemon to heal, your sprite changes back until she stops talking to you.
youtube.com/watch?v=pRX676r890w&

Last edited:

ZakTheManaic

Zak The Awesome Maniac
Years
Ya I played a little bit of it when you get to the first town you can walk right through the thing in the middle. Also after you talk to your rival (needs changed to may) what do you do after that cause i was clueless. Just trying to point out things that need changed.

jordanice42

The True Brendan Birch
Years
Working well on R4DS but what the guy a few posts above said is all true. Great hack though! Keep up the good work! Cant wait to play the full game!

Noticed that when you give Nurse Joy your Pokemon to heal, your sprite changes back until she stops talking to you.
youtube.com/watch?v=pRX676r890w&

That's because not all the frames were changed.
Also, when you walk down/south, Brendan's backpack strap flips horizontally on one of the frames. Hopefully that gets fixed.

Oh yeah, here are the sprites that I've been talking about. (The one's that I made)
GRKjlm9.png

The top one is my own rendition of what I think a RS remake would look like, the bottom is just his og RS attire.

Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2017
can you all please SHUT UP about changeing the rival to may and makeing it more like ruby and sapphire if you want a exact clone go on ebay or amazon and get the game they didn't use the same characters in black and white 2 and that was still vary popular
so stop complaining about how it needs to be more like ruby and sapphire this is my opinion you should keep the rival the same and don't make it a clone no matter what people say don't make a clone *edit i know black and white 2 are seaquils and i know i spelled that wrong but the idea still applys and sorry for ranting but the complaining just annoys me SO MUCH again sorry for the rant

jordanice42

The True Brendan Birch
Years
can you all please SHUT UP about changeing the rival to may and makeing it more like ruby and sapphire if you want a exact clone go on ebay or amazon and get the game they didn't use the same characters in black and white 2 and that was still vary popular
so stop complaining about how it needs to be more like ruby and sapphire this is my opinion you should keep the rival the same and don't make it a clone no matter what people say don't make a clone *edit i know black and white 2 are seaquils and i know i spelled that wrong but the idea still applys and sorry for ranting but the complaining just annoys me SO MUCH again sorry for the rant
um... i wasn't complaining, i was just posting errors and suggestions on what should be fixed.
But either way, there can, and there should be new features in this project as you said, but one thing that should always stay the same in a remake of a Pokemon game are the original characters. I mean, you didn't see Game Freak remove Blue or Silver from FRLG or HGSS and replace them with Wally for example. Also, mikelan already plans on adding May either way.
And yeah, black and white 2 weren't meant to be remakes of black and white, so i don't see how the ideas still applies. Sorry for the wordy explanation by the way, no hard feelings.

Years
A couple of people have been posting links to the ROM; I have to ask that you stop doing that, as linking to ROM files is completely against the rules (and always has been).
Just a friendly warning, but I will have to close the thread if people keep posting links to the ROM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back