• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen September Corocoro: The Scoop of the Century? Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BubbleBeams

Defeating Champions Since 1999
Years
  • Age 34
  • Iowa
  • Seen Oct 26, 2021
Well I certainly like this new feature already, I mean, it's still well within the realms of Pokémon, and basically confirms the genetics theme everyone was wanting.

Actually that's a very good point and I'm glad you brought that up because I didn't even think about that.
I guess one of the reasons why I'm slighty iffy about it is because, as others have stated, it seems like it might be kind of digimon-esque. But then, it may not end up being like that all. It's still too early to tell. I'm not opposed to it by any means, but I'm not sure I'm super excited either. lol Some of the Megaforms we've seen so far look pretty cool though.

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
Years
My God, I hope this is a bad dream.This is absurd. I have never 'hated' anything like this since stunfisk !

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 11, 2013
I dont know how to feel about this. Im okay with the idea of final evolutions getting a mega form like lucario, but Mawile and Absol could just get evolved forms as easily, and also give it some more competitive room. And then Blaziken. If Blaziken is getting a megaform, id have to assume some other starters are too. Maybe just the 3 hoenn starters, but thats still pretty dumb. I don't HATE it like some of you, I just think they could have handled this mega form idea a lot better (as in, don't include blaziken unless you'll include every starter, which I doubt)

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
My God, I hope this is a bad dream.This is absurd. I have never 'hated' anything like this since stunfisk !
Settle down. They aren't THAT bad (like Stunfisk I mean xD).
This was definitely a surprise...when I woke up I had to make sure I wasn't dreaming because some of the Megas look like Pokémon I've dreamed of.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
since they include mewtwo awakened form as a mega form
so the mega forms will be called awakened forms

Maybe. Awakened Form isn't official either. That was a Fan dub since the Japanese title for the movie was Genesect: Mewtwo's Awakening. The official site never gave Mewtwo a name.

Austin1395

Dark-type Trainer
Years
I'm honestly still leaning to fake for 2 simple reasons.

1. Serebii has not updated it's pages with the 3 new Pokemon. It is always on top of that.
2. I have not even seen a picture of this new Gym leader.

I mean, if we got a new gym leader, don't you think that there would at least be a picture? I know this Mega thing is supposed to be the scoop of the century but, I think that a whole new gym leader would get more than just a mention. I don't know, maybe it's denial but this still feels fake.

Years
Irc the rumors called it Éclair forme. Not sure if that'll be the names for all of them.

I wonder if these are true evolutions. Or maybe just in battle evolutions and transform back to their normal stages after battle due to the immense energy it takes to use such a stage (that could be their justification) that no Pokémon can stay in it so they devolve until the next time they have to use it.

1. Serebii has not updated it's pages with the 3 new Pokemon. It is always on top of that.

I mean, if we got a new gym leader, don't you think that there would at least be a picture? I know this Mega thing is supposed to be the scoop of the century but, I think that a whole new gym leader would get more than just a mention. I don't know, maybe it's denial but this still feels fake.

Serebii does have a picture of the new gym leader. She's the girl with the ponytails and bicycle helmet.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023

1. Yes they did. The new Pokemon are in the new Pokemon page.
2. She's posted on Serebii's main page. She hasn't been added to the Gym Leader page yet, but she will be. They need time to update.

corocoro8135.jpg

Irc the rumors called it Éclair forme. Not sure if that'll be the names for all of them.

I wonder if these are true evolutions. Or maybe just in battle evolutions and transform back to their normal stages after battle due to the immense energy it takes to use such a stage (that could be their justification) that no Pokémon can stay in it so they devolve until the next time they have to use it.

I dunno. Only one source says that they are Battle only so far. It would be kinda a waste not to be able to have them hold other items in place of the Mega Stone or what ever Iconic items they get. Though if they need iconic items and the Mega Stone, I don't think they'll be battle only forms. We may be able to switch them to a semi-permanent state like with Giratina, but if we remove the item they revert.

The Gym leader is wearing Roller Derby gear. Its a Female only sport where teams race around a circular ring. You get points based on when you cross the finish line and where your partners were. So you can come in first, but if your partners come in after the other team you can still lose the race. Its also full contact sport where the women can hit one another if they get close enough~

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years

Um the 3 brand new mon and gym leader DO have pictures and they are all on Serebii, have you not been hitting F5?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Please let that mawile "mega form" be an evolution.

Everything points to no. Sorry dude. If what Suicune says is true, these forms only appear while in battle. There are also possibly iconic items needed to be held for them to change so they may just be form changes classified as special evolutions.

Either route we end up walking, none of these six are true evolutions.

SkyRyder

'That Guy'
Years
Everything points to no. Sorry dude. If what Suicune says is true, these forms only appear while in battle. There are also possibly iconic items needed to be held for them to change so they may just be form changes classified as special evolutions.

Either route we end up walking, none of these six are true evolutions.

Well, if a hold item is all they need, then I guess my assumption of them being completely OP in competitive battling might be wrong, since they must sacrifice a hold item like Choice Scarf, Lefties, etc. in order to transform. Seems fair, I guess. I just wonder what their stats will be like, if they are expected to change at all, or if they are just given incredibly amazing abilities. I'm expecting about +5 to +15 in each stat, depending on the Pokemon.

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
I think these are pretty damn cool. It is a shame that some of these originally solo Pokemon didn't get real evolutions, but I guess this is their way of keeping it like that while also giving them more fire power. I'm also totally guessing that the starters will have "mega-evolutions", much like Blaziken and probably a few other old starters.

Lucario and Ampharos' look pretty sweet. Good 'improvement' of their designs, from what I can see.

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
I sure hope Fennekin can "evolve" after it's third stage into a Mega evolution.

I feel like if this isn't something that's specifically special to pre-Gen6 Pokemon, the new starters would be prime opportunities for this new form of evolution. Might be totally wrong, but totally feel like they'll get these new evolutions. I really do wonder how they'll work though. As soon as the battles start, do they just 'evolve' much like Castform's formes during different weather conditions? What about their stats? I mean, I feel like they need to get some massively jacked upgrades to their stats for them to be only available during battles and with specific items?

Definitely can't wait to hear more about them. Interesting and totally unexpected. Wonder how many more other Pokemon will get these evolutions.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Bulbapedia is "Confirming" that the Megas are in battle only, so 2 out of 3 major news sites say its battle only forms.

Course Bulbapedia is also holding a discussion about how this will bring back moves like Trick and Knock off....I think they are completely forgetting that in gen 4 2 Pokemon had Item specific Forms and they are protected from losing these items.

I feel that id these are battle forms, they'll get the same protection that Arceus and Giratina have so you cannot take the items off while in battle and nullify the form change.

Years
Bulbapedia is "Confirming" that the Megas are in battle only, so 2 out of 3 major news sites say its battle only forms.

Course Bulbapedia is also holding a discussion about how this will bring back moves like Trick and Knock off....I think they are completely forgetting that in gen 4 2 Pokemon had Item specific Forms and they are protected from losing these items.

I feel that id these are battle forms, they'll get the same protection that Arceus and Giratina have so you cannot take the items off while in battle and nullify the form change.
Same here. Unless Gf sees them as been OP enough to justify the knocking item off to nerf them, however that'll beg the question as to why they even made them (well six of the five as Mawile is far from OP) xD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back