• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Countdown to X and Y: Released Everywhere Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy

just a guy
Years

Countdown to Pokémon X and Pokémon Y

It's almost here, folks! As we step into October, the release of Pokémon X and Pokémon Y are just within days of its WORLDWIDE release on October 12th. For the very first time ever, the world will be given the chance to play the new generation of Pokémon games together at the same time ─ give or take a few hours due to time zones or whatever. Will you be there to get in on the action? Will you be heading to the Kalos region where a whole new adventure awaits filled with new mysteries, new people, and a whole lot of new Pokémon!?

In anticipation of release day, it was decided that as a community, it would be a lot more fun if we all got together on this and began the countdown with only just twelve days left on the calendar. Here, you're free to discuss anything X and Y. If you will, take it as a large Daily Chit-chat as we countdown to October 12th not so much to speculate but to discuss the things we're most excited about and what we're doing in preparation of the big day.

Have you pre-ordered your games? Which version(s) are you getting? What are you most excited about? Who's your favorite new Pokémon so far? What do you have planned from now till October 12th? Are you doing anything special on the day of the release? What are you hoping for? What are you not hoping for? How are you prolonging the hype? What do you want out of these games? Which starter(s) will you choose? Do you know which Pokémon you want on your team just yet? Are there any old rumors from this past year you wish turned out to be true? How do you feel about the new generation so far?

Feel free to gather here and discuss anything you wish pertaining to the Pokémon X and Y games as we head closer to their official launch date. All party members may just be rewarded a special emblem. Let's count this down together!

mf8M968.png

Last edited:

Sirfetch’d

Honestly, the 12th cannot get here fast enough for me. I have been counting down since the day that these games were announced and these last few days are definitely going to be the hardest as I eagerly wait the release. I am so excited about everything from Fairy types, player customization, Mega Evolutions, and every other new feature that will come along with these games. I cannot wait to explore the region of Kalos with my starter, Chespin, and the rest of my team. I don't think I will be doing anything other than playing these games all weekend(other than watching The Walking Dead of course ;]). Please October 12th, hurry and get here faster!

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
I'm not getting the games straightaway. In fact I don't even have a 3DS but I'm still looking forward to the games nonetheless! Anyone already got teams planned or something? I can't decide yet and I think I've only seen about fifteen or so new Pokemon. So am I the only one who doesn't have a 3DS or can someone be my lackey? (get it because we lack something) (oh god I think I'm high on sugar)

Sirfetch’d

I'm not getting the games straightaway. In fact I don't even have a 3DS but I'm still looking forward to the games nonetheless! Anyone already got teams planned or something? I can't decide yet and I think I've only seen about fifteen or so new Pokemon. So am I the only one who doesn't have a 3DS or can someone be my lackey? (get it because we lack something) (oh god I think I'm high on sugar)

I actually have a team somewhat planned, although it will probably change as I play through the game and encounter Pokemon that haven't been revealed yet. This is the case though with every generation and my teams always end up being polar opposites from what I expect. However, if I were to make an ideal team from what has been revealed now is would be as followed:

-Chespin
-Honedge
-Swirlix
-Pancham
-Amaura
-Litleo

I just love the balance of this team and I adore each and every one of these Pokemon!

Years
It's almost here!!!! I feel like those days are longer :(

Yeah, I have pre-ordered the game the minute the pre-orders began. I got Pokemon X :) My favorite Pokemon so far? hmm I can't choose but I love Fennekin and Fletchling a little bit more. I will not be doing anything on the release day. I'll just sit down and wait for the game to be delivered to me. Just thinking that day gets me hyped lol

It's been 9 months since they announced the games and it's about to happen!!! I seriously can't wait anymore!! haha :)

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Pretty much the same for me...
I also don't own a 3DS so I'll be a bit behind but oh well... I'll have more information when I start playing =D

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2014
Well I've been really sick for the past week so that's helping things go nice and slowly. But to put things into perspective my birthday was the 12th and that's like 19days past now, even though it felt like I just had it. I'm sure we'll be playing X & Y in no-time.

As for preparing I just bought a new SD card yesterday. My 2GB one was dangerously close to X and Y's GBs so I wanted to make sure I would have room no matter what. (Downloading from e-shop if it wasn't already obvious)

My favorite Pokemon is Bunnelby so far. I think he's supposed to be the Rattatta/Bidoof of the region. So I'm slightly scared for his battle potential. But it doesn't matter 'cus I love the way he looks for some reason and am anticipating an awesome Ground evolution to happen. Can't wait :D

Sirfetch’d

Well I've been really sick for the past week so that's helping things go nice and slowly. But to put things into perspective my birthday was the 12th and that's like 19days past now, even though it felt like I just had it. I'm sure we'll be playing X & Y in no-time.

As for preparing I just bought a new SD card yesterday. My 2GB one was dangerously close to X and Y's GBs so I wanted to make sure I would have room no matter what. (Downloading from e-shop if it wasn't already obvious)

My favorite Pokemon is Bunnelby so far. I think he's supposed to be the Rattatta/Bidoof of the region. So I'm slightly scared for his battle potential. But it doesn't matter 'cus I love the way he looks for some reason and am anticipating an awesome Ground evolution to happen. Can't wait :D

I keep forgetting about Bunnelby but I am also really excited to use this little guy. I think that he is by far the cutest early route Normal Pokemon and hopefully won't be too bad of a battler. Even if he isn't great stat-wise, his adorableness totally makes up for that and he might just find a spot on my team somewhere ;)

Gogoat Rocks!

The Hype is Real
Years
I've pre-ordered Y and my sister pre-ordered X. I cannot wait till X & Y comes out!
I think I will just party the hole day on Oct 12. I've all ready picked my starters: Fennekin and Bulbasaur. I am so getting a Sylveon and nickname her it Japanese name Ninfia.(I'm going to rub Sylveon to death on pokemon amie)I also can't wait for the Anime.

My favorite pokemon so far is Gogoat. I feel that gogoat is a pokemon that you can truly rely on.
pokemon team so far:
Fennekin
Bubasaur
Sylveon
Gogoat
Honegde
Dedenne

there's to much stuff to look forward to. Hurry up October 12!

Last edited:
Years
Pre ordered x and y, got my 3dsxl just so I could play these, I've played every gen except gen v but am looking forward to these a lot, on the release day I'm going to a football match and with travel that takes up almost my entire day so I hope the delivery is before I leave

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Ah, so we have only eleven days left? Time flew by pretty quickly, didn't it? xD Anyway, I've pre-ordered Pokémon Y on GameStop couple of weeks ago. GameStop like to deliver games to their customers as soon as they hit the market, so it's highly likely that I'll be getting the game on its release day. If I don't get it on the release, then I'll most likely get it the next day. If not, then I will definitely get my hands on it the day after that. I may get Pokémon X as well, but I'm not completely sure. I might need it, though, if I ever plan on completing my PokéDex.

Fennekin is going to be the starter that I'll end up picking. I would've chosen Chespin, but its second-stage evolution, in my opinion, looks kind of bad. D: As for Froakie... well, Froakie and its evolutions are a bit too similar to Croagunk and Toxicroak, which makes me dislike them a little. My favorite sixth-generation Pokémon so far would have to be Auroras. I love its beauty and elegance, and it looks quite bulky, too! It should be able to take a lot of hits for me when it comes to battling. As for my favorite MegaEvolution, that's gotta be Mega Mewtwo X. It looks amazingly fierce. <3

Pokémon X and Y are going to make major shake-ups to the competitive battling scene, that's for sure. A new type was introduced, new moves were introduced, new abilities were introduced, new Pokémon were introduced, MegaEvolutions system was introduced, and the entire type chart was altered. It would take an extremely long time for battlers to adapt to all of this. In my opinion, it'd take a minimum of three years at the very least.

Years
I pre-ordered Y version back in August, just simply because I have always liked Yveltal <3 but I would certainly love to own X as well if I had the money :P And with the fact that I pre-ordered it, I'll be looking forward to playing it within the first hour or so of picking it up once the local GameStop store I ordered it from opens up :D

Colress Machine

The Colress Machine broke...
Years
  • Age 28
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 16, 2019
GAH this new game is everything I need right now. And the fact that I have fall break three days after the release is perfect!!!! I can play and do nothing else!! I seriously can't believe its only 11 days away already! It seems like just yesterday we got the Pokémon Direct in January. But at the same time, it feels like it took waaay too long. I'm going to be getting Y on the release date, and X later maybe for my birthday.
My favorite so far is Spritzee because Plague Doctor. But depending on its evolution that could change. I really love the fossils though. So if Spritzee doesn't evolve into Plague Doctor awesomeness, The fossils will take the cake.

Last edited:

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
Years
I'll be at my cottage due to Canadian Thanksgiving so I didn't preorder the game. I'm getting X but I'll buy it when I return. I'm not in a HUGE rush but I most certainly don't wanna be late to the party. :p

The excitement hasn't hit me yet for some reason. I'm curious about the new game and it looks good but I'm not like, obsessed xD just wait til I play it though haha.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Have you pre-ordered your games? Which version(s) are you getting? What are you most excited about? Who's your favorite new Pokémon so far? What do you have planned from now till October 12th? Are you doing anything special on the day of the release? What are you hoping for? What are you not hoping for? How are you prolonging the hype? What do you want out of these games? Which starter(s) will you choose? Do you know which Pokémon you want on your team just yet? Are there any old rumors from this past year you wish turned out to be true? How do you feel about the new generation so far?

OK let's start....

1. Yes, both actually although I'm only buying one version.
2. Likely to be X version.
3. Most excited about seeing new pokemon, seeing old pokemon in 3d, customisation and the Kalos region itself...I love the European setting.
4. My favourite new pokemon by far is Malamar.
5. Nothing really, I was playing Ruby and I'm just after getting through victory road. So I want to beat the elite four before release.
6. Nothing special, just playing, playing and more playing.
7/8. No hopes really, just that I'll have fun and meet cool new pokemon.
9. I've been browsing forums plus I've been visiting a tumblr page that posts countdown drawings.
10. I want to have fun. :p
11. Either Fennekin or Chespin.
12. Malamar is definitely on my team. Might have a mawile too, it's my favourite steel type and it covers both fairy type and mega evolution.
13. I wish that hooded bird was real, also the ghost spider. I'm also hoping hawlucha and binacle are real.
14. Very positive, the new pokemon look great and Kalos threatens Hoenn as potentially my favourite region. Only time will tell.

Years
Some of things I'll be excited for are the ability to ride Gogoat, roller skates, and sky battles, and definitely all the other new features being introduced in this generation. I'd also be interested in hearing how the music is going to sound as well for the overworld.

Years
I probably won't be getting the games until Christmas I think, but at least that will give me some time to learn all the new Pokemon, the version exclusives, Gym Leaders, Elite Four and such, plus I can always see online guides, so that way I will be prepared for when I eventually do play the games. I'll be getting both versions, but the one I play more often (aka my "main" version) will usually be depending on which set of version exclusives I like better. It seems like it'll be X at this point (I do love Swirlix and Xerneas) but that could change when I see the full list.

I've even planned which starters I'll choose in advance, I'll be getting Froakie at the start due to my Water-type favoritism and I'll get Bulbasaur to compliment him (or her if I end up with a female) plus Venusaur's typing will allow it to deal with Fairy-types easily (he's part-Poison fyi) so I have my Fairy counter like, set. I will also use some Fire-type as well because I tend to use the three main starter types on my team, as well as a Flying-type so I can use a Fly slave. I'll also be using a Fairy-type of my own, while the last slot will likely be some wildcard.

The time sure has flown by, I can even remember when the games were first announced! This generation is looking to be the best so far, and all the Kalos Pokemon I've seen so far haven't been disappointing at all, the designs are great and nice to see more interesting type combinations introduced as well. I don't mind spoilers, but I know some people try to avoid stuff on Tumblr or something just to avoid spoilers. At least reading spoilers means I'll be well-prepared since I'm the kind who doesn't like blind playthroughs.

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
Years
I'm definitely excited. I'll buy Y around October 15th for a late bday gift. I've got 2 members of my team planned out. I'll EV train them. They will be:

1.Chespin.
2.Blaziken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back