• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hacking/Editing the Fire Red Title Screen [NO GLITCHY TILES]

ForYouu

Time Traveler
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2012
I went snooping around and I found this.

Snooping2009.png

So, I'm assuming from the tutorials I've seen that the RAW file is going to be 2010.

That was the one I want to change :) Hopefully I'll do it, going to backup and everything first. Might make a tutorial.. :)

Again, thank you very much for everything :) Without you none of this would be able to happen.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 6, 2013
Hey i did everything you said but i still got the blocks on the bottom left:
imageshack.us/a/img94/6161/pokemonerror.png

would you be willing to take a crack at my background image? ive been doing this for 3 hours with attempt after attempt and im pretty fraustrated with this. I would really appreciate your help.

Bilaterus

ToBe Best Spriter ;)
Years
  • Seen Nov 6, 2012
Hey Eagleman!

It did take me a while to sort out ForYouu's background, don't take it the wrong way, but I don't want this thread turning into a bunch of people asking me to do it for them.

Although I'm happy to help :) If you could post your TileSet in your next post then I'll look at it and see if something is weird. It does seem like the Pallette isn't a problem so it must be the RAW (The TileMap) which means it mut be the TileSet...

My best advice is make sure your TileSet complies with the 3 sacred rules, and that on NTME the preset size is set to FR/LG TS.

Years
  • Seen Aug 6, 2013
I finally did it!
imageshack.us/a/img442/6779/successt.png

all i did was make the width of my indexed image even smaller and it fixed it.
Now that i know how to do it i can finally start to make it look better cause now that i see my titlescreen correct for the first time the font dosent seem to look good lol, anyway thanks for the tutorial man.

passarbye

Just passin' thru
Years
  • Seen Dec 8, 2017
Hey Bilaterus, thanks for the tutorial. :classic:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 22, 2013
so I've done everything and when I check for the final result both my background and the official background are there. My backgound just has flames coming out from across the bottom with the rest being black. The flames are there, along with the glitchy tiles and the rest of the official background...

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 4, 2013
Just to make it clear, this tutorial replaces the file that has "Press Start" and the copyright at the bottom. That means you'll have to add the Pokemon Logo, the version logo and the Press Start text to the background you'll be implementing. Your menu will be completely static, no blinking Press Start and no shining Pokemon logo.

Years
Hey everyone! I'm making a fire red ROM hack and I'm having trouble with my title screen.. I inserted my ROM hack name that I made into (2009,67) and its works, but the problem is that when you start the ROM it goes great until the flash on the title screen happens and then the whole screen becomes white, except for my ROM hack name but you can see the flames moving through my ROM hack name and it doesn't freeze the ROM... How do I fix this?

Ayonn-

The Unbelivable
Years
Is it possible to update the pictures ? I don't see anything so it's hard to understand

Back