• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I understand that, but I don't see how they look like digimon at all - since there's not a clear cut on how one can describe a pokemon and a digimon. In my opinion, they're pretty unique; I can't wait to see more.

Anyway, yeah, Tate and Liza were pretty tough to beat back in the day, so I'd love to see more tag team gyms like that. Maybe an option for the game to make everything purely double battles? Unlikely as that seem, it'd be a nice concept.

As for royalty, I can see that royalty can be incorporated with the gym leaders and the elite four. Like say, the King's royal court could make up the gym leaders, and maybe the official family of the King could be the Elite Four... as for the King himself, I'm not sure if he'd be the champion, but the guy who's hosting the actual pokemon league, like in medieval times where the king usually hosts knight joust tournaments. Maybe the Champion can be the official "black knight"!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
All the Pokemon I've seen so far look to much like Digimon :\. But They dont look half bad...

Fennekin is probably the only one that looks like a Digimon thus far, imo. If anything looked Digimon-like it was a few of B/W's Pokemon but the others don't really look Digimon-ish. Even so it's hard to classify what looks Pokemon/Digimon, anyways.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
Well, I just saw Ninfeon yesterday and want to write something about it. Should I post it here or at the new pokemon speculation thread?

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Well Digimon Tamagochi came out on 1995, and the Pokemon Video Games came out around 1996. Even so, anime and games all around somehow relates to one another. That's just like saying Digimon copied Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh! copied Digimon, it's not true.

I just don't see the resemblance.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Well, I just saw Ninfeon yesterday and want to write something about it. Should I post it here or at the new pokemon speculation thread?

Well all sorts of speculation can come here, or you can go to the evolution speculation thread, siiince it is an evolution? But yeah, the link is above this post.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
I think the designs in Generation VI are much more nicer than what I've seen in Generation V, not as rushed. And here's the thing, those anime always come up with something that some other company may have... but they never know that it's the same. Just the same ideas... when it comes to creating monsters. ;)

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
Well, here's a fun fact: Pokemon was created first, being first aired in 1995. Digimon was first aired in 1997. Digimon was not copied from Pokemon, and vice versa. Anime and games all around somehow relates to one another. That's just like saying Digimon copied Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh! copied Digimon, it's not true.
Huge chunk of out-of-topic. You can read it if you want
Spoiler:

Just, what the....I'm writing about now >__>
here Cuddly picture of Pikachu and Terriermon for everyone, since Digimon and Pokemon are in one sentece
9e6c953177648cee9cd643765ec2d820.png

And also, thanks for the direction Miss Doronjo and Twilight Sky

blue

gucci
Years
Yeah so far in comparison I'm preferring the designs of the Gen VI Pokemon to the Gen V Pokemon, I'm especially liking the new Eeveelution too.

Oh, and there's a Nintendo 3DS Direct tomorrow, I'm not sure whether they'll involve Pokemon X and Y but if they do, it will probably just cover what we found out this week.

282763_579368232092991_1795507332_n.png

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Huge chunk of out-of-topic. You can read it if you want
Spoiler:

Just, what the....I'm writing about now >__>

No, no, I understand what your saying, and I pretty much agree! Digimon and Pokemon are alike in some ways, but totally different altogether.

I myself find myself fond with this generations new designs, and would love to see more soon. In comparison to Gen V? Well, that's a little tough to say - I'd say I like them equally!

Oh, and there's a Nintendo 3DS Direct tomorrow, I'm not sure whether they'll involve Pokemon X and Y but if they do, it will probably just cover what we found out this week.

282763_579368232092991_1795507332_n.png

I'm not sure if X&Y will be involved, but, that will be quite interesting if they do! Maybe we'll see more screen shots, and a new trailer? But most likely, yeah, maybe cover what we know so far.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I kind of don't think we'll get anything new, other than maybe just one Pokemon...? Or maybe just some vision, I think they'd rather just save it all for a global reveal set to be about Pokemon idk.

Even so I'll be lagging still so I won't get to see it lmao. :(

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Nah, Pokemon XY won't show up, I mean if it were to, it would have been in CoroCoro as well. But hey, if it does show up I'll be pleasantly surprised. I want me some info damn it!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Someone check the coding like people did last time to see if Pokemon appears (I would but I'm not on a computer right now).

Well Corocoro tends to finish writing it's issue some time before printing it so it's possible Nintendo has something new to tell us which GF or they didn't tell the magazine.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Someone check the coding like people did last time to see if Pokemon appears (I would but I'm not on a computer right now).

Well Corocoro tends to finish writing it's issue some time before printing it so it's possible Nintendo has something new to tell us which GF or they didn't tell the magazine.

I checked, Pokemon didn't appear :( On the plus side we can definitely be hopeful of what it could provide (and be ready to be let down just in case too!)

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
Bleh, the elemental monkeys were like pseudo-starters and I always felt cheap picking one of them up to help me against the first Gym. I seriously hope Gen VI stops handholding us like Gen V did.

Speaking of which, do you think Pansear and Chimchar could be related? Although I don't know how that would work out if GameFreak made Pansage, Pansear, and Panpour share a pre-evolution…

Hm, It makes me wonder why they didn't have the option before the game in BW2 in the first place. Yes, I'd love for the rivals to have tougher Pokemon and strategies. Maybe they could use revives like us for an improved strategies, as well has laying entry hazards and using combos like wish and protect.

I hate 'Protect' combos! Don't let it happen, 'cause they usually annoy the crud out of me and are premonitions of my ultimate doom in most battles!

It will be in the language of the country your in except Canada, there will be a French and English version for it.

Actually, I'm pretty sure that owners of the American 3DS can change their system's language between American English, Latin-American Spanish, Canadian French, and Brazilian Portuguese in their settings…

Ghouleon, Spookeon, Phanteon idk.. I'm sure they'll come up with something creative.

I like 'Phanteon' best; it sounds cool!

It's improbable, but I'd like to see a more strategic use of weather, in terms of field alteration, or even just aesthetics. Say, using Rain Dance immediately after Sandstorm to turn the field to mud, which would benefit Water and Ground types and slow everything else down. Or using Sunny Day after Rain Dance to create a rainbow. It'd just be nice if there was actually a sign on the battlefield that there had actually BEEN a weather anomaly, rather than just the same standard background for that area.

Taking that one step further in terms of aesthetics, I'd quite like to see some damage done to the surrounding area to reflect attacks, as well. Say something uses Flamethrower and misses...have it blast a nearby tree. Something uses Explosion and leaves a giant hole in the ground. It'd just be entertaining to see, and make battles more involving.

And GameFreak could also take a leaf from the book of my younger brother, Henderson, and do the same thing with…wait for itPokémon following you. Imagine mobs of Diglett destroying a Pokémon Center's floor!

Not sue if this has been said before. Does anyone think this generation will have the theme of genetics? I mean, look at the facts: the small rainbo DNA strip that appears on the Japanese game logos, Masuda's emphasis on evolution in his recent blog, the X and Y chromosomes, Xerneas is blue like the male symbol and Yveltal is Red like the female. (though, by no stretch does it look feminine and I know that every version mascot up to this point has had some relation to the colors red and blue)I hope that also means there will be many (pre)evolutions of old Pokemon since that is usually my favorite part of the new generations.

Speaking of pre-evos, I want to know the evolutionary origins of all of the starters and mascots along with their relationships to other Pokémon (see Chimchar-'elemental monkey' link idea.) I also want to see other similar Pokémon linked together. The legendary Pokémon probably wouldn't participate in this evolution bonanza, though (sign…)

Exactly. Actually, my friend and I had an argument about weather it would be about genetics or dimensions, but ( from a marketing standpoint) it would probably benefit Game Freak to just do both. also it's kind of hard to imagine what the third legendary or game(s) would represent in the case of genetics since there are only X&Y chromosomes...

Actually, only mammals use the X/Y sex-determination system; birds use the Z/W one.

Last edited:

Years
And that why I say they should name possible sequels W and Z if they take that route plus W can stand for the fourth dimension too so there's that.

Anyways back to these games, I wonder if this generation will introduce gender differences for older mons as Gen V only gave two of it's new mon differences.

Years
What do you mean by differences? o.O
You know how Blaziken males have longer crests right? While females have shorter. Also Pikachu males have pre gen IV tails while the females became heart shaped at the tip, same with Heracross only for the horn. Things like that, I'm wondering if they'll be new changes to old mons to differentiate between the two genders of one species.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Oh! You mean more distinct differences between genders? I wouldn't mind, especially because most Pokemon don't really have gender differences at all. :x
This list disagrees with you, sir. There are actually a number of Pokémon with gender differences. Except in Gen V. While they had the most drastic gender differences, there were only three of them; two if you don't count Jellicent since it's an evolution. I hope we get more of them though. I always enjoy trying to spot the tougher differences some of them have, but I wouldn't mind the larger differences that Gen V introduced either.

ERMERGERSH! What if that's what the region professor studies? The genetic differences in male and female Pokémon and why some of them have them and others don't. It would totally correlate with the genetics theme too.

Years
This list disagrees with you, sir. There are actually a number of Pokémon with gender differences. Except in Gen V. While they had the most drastic gender differences, there were only three of them; two if you don't count Jellicent since it's an evolution. I hope we get more of them though. I always enjoy trying to spot the tougher differences some of them have, but I wouldn't mind the larger differences that Gen V introduced either.

ERMERGERSH! What if that's what the region professor studies? The genetic differences in male and female Pokémon and why some of them have them and others don't. It would totally correlate with the genetics theme too.
That would make sense, especially since these games are X and Y which are sex chromosomes as well as Axis'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back