• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fire Emblemmmmm

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
1e1e0c7381e8397e5e32abd1749ecab0.jpg

I'd like to have this thread a sort of discussion topic on all about all things Fire Emblem. The games in series:

Japan: April 20, 1990 - ファイアーエムブレム 暗黒竜と光の剣 Fire Emblem: Ankoku Ryū to Hikari no Tsurugi (Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragons and the Blade of Light) [NES]

Japan: March 14, 1992 - ファイアーエムブレム外伝 (Fire Emblem Gaiden) [NES]

Japan: January 21, 1994 - ファイアーエムブレム 紋章の謎 Fire Emblem: Monshō no Nazo (Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem) [SNES]

Japan: May 14, 1996 - ファイアーエムブレム 聖戦の系譜 Fire Emblem: Seisen no Keifu (Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War) [SNES]

Japan: September 1, 1999 - ファイアーエムブレム トラキア776 (Fire Emblem: Thracia 776) [SNES]

Japan: March 29, 2002 - ファイアーエムブレム 封印の剣 Fire Emblem: Fūin no Tsurugi (Fire Emblem: Binding Blade) [Game Boy Advance]

Japan: April 25, 2003, USA: November 3, 2003 - Fire Emblem The Blazing Sword [Game Boy Advance]

Japan: October 7, 2004, USA: May 23, 2005 - Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones [Game Boy Advance]

Japan: April 20, 2005, USA: October 17, 2005 - Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance [Nintendo GameCube]

Japan: JP February 22, 2007, USA: November 11, 2007 - Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn [Nintendo Wii]

Japan: August 7, 2008, USA: February 16, 2009 - Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon [Nintendo DS]

Japan: July 15, 2010 - ファイアーエムブレム 新・紋章の謎 〜光と影の英雄〜 Fire Emblem: Shin Monshō no Nazo ~Hikari to Kage no Eiyū~ (Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem ~Heroes of Light and Shadow~) [Nintendo DS]

Japan: April 19, 2012, USA: February 4, 2013, EU: April 2013 - Fire Emblem: Awakening [Nintendo 3DS]

So yes, again, feel free to talk about all things Fire Emblem related here; but just remember that Fire Emblem Awakening has it's own separate thread, so, take long discussions about it over there. In any case... how many of the fire emblem games have you played? Who are your favourite characters? What's your favourite fire emblem class? Any other thoughts are welcome. ^^

Kirschwasser

Knight of Selphia
Years
I've played every FE game to come to America, and have beaten all of them except Radiant Dawn.

My favorite characters include the likes of Marth, Donnel, and Chrom, but also the best age 40+ character ever in a game (in my opinion), Duessel.

Years
Only FE game I played was Awakening and I got that due to the many suggestions by friends and other people. It was amazing and I definitely plan to purchase any future FE games.. Awakening pumped me and got me so hooked on the story. I loved pairing units and how simple the game was to grasp, even for someone like me.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Roy's appearance in SSSB is what got me interested in Fire Emblem. I've played one of the GBA games, the one with Eliwood, but I didn't finish the story. Can't say I ever liked Marth, haha.

After hearing all of the hype, I knew what I wanted to get for my 3DS this holiday. I just got Fire Emblem: Awakening the other day and it's been an awesome experience so far. I'm fond of the pegasus knight classes because they can move such great distances.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
My time with Fire Emblem started with Path of Radiance, and I've played Radiant Dawn and Awakening as well. They've all been great. I've beaten Radiant Dawn 10 times (I guess I like tearing the enemies apart in the Tower of Guidance), but my favorite is Awakening (should probably buy those DLC maps sometime).

I like a lot of the characters from the series, so its hard to say who's my favorites.

.....Wait, I do know who's my favorites: the Black Knight, Ike, Chrom, MU, and as you may have guessed, Lucina.
I really hope that her or Chrom make it into the next Smash Bros.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
I can't for the life of me find out why people like Lucina.

Even in her own game she's just...there. And she's a terribly written character in general.

Obligatory: FE Awakening sucks, FE7 is bestest.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I can't for the life of me find out why people like Lucina.

Even in her own game she's just...there. And she's a terribly written character in general.

Obligatory: FE Awakening sucks, FE7 is bestest.

Fire Emblem generally doesn't have the world's best written characters, at least in my experience.
A lotta people who like Lucina are the kind of people who get a little too attached to a character and have romantic feelings for them, ya know, the people who are like "[insert character's name here] is my waifu!".
I'm not one of those people (no disrespect to those who are, if you wanna be like that, I'm cool with it). Why do I like her then? Not entirely sure, half the character I like, I like for no reason. But Lucy is fun to use in battle; its like having a second Chrom on the field.

And which Fire Emblem is FE7? I can never keep track of the numbers.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
I honestly can't figure out why people get so attached to Fire Emblem characters in general. :V
I actually asked that question a lot, and all I got was "Do you use her???????" (i don't) or "she's my waifu." Completely understand liking her for her battle capabilities, though.

FE7 is the one with Lyn and Eliwood.

RyanGT

Forum Elder
Years
Just got Fire Emblem : Awakening last week and absolutely love it. It's actually my first Fire Emblem game and I'm kind of smacking myself for not trying one of these games earlier. I do know I'll be keeping any eye for any other Fire Emblem games in the future.

Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2023
Glad to see Awakening reached a lot of new people! Hope you guys try to find some of the older ones to try out; it's a great series.

I started with Path of Radiance around 8 or so years ago, and have been in love ever since. Got Sacred Stones at around the same time and miraculously found a used copy of FE 7 at GameStop later on.

Gotta disagree with spino about Awakening sucking, it's easy to abuse but it's still a lot of fun in my opinion. It doesn't beat out FE7 but I still love it. And yes, Lucina for Smash Bros. :P

Favorite class would have to be Mercenary, for sure. I've never seen a bad merc, besides in Awakening where I dislike the design, although they still have very useful skills (Sol and armsthrift come to mind).

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
I honestly can't figure out why people get so attached to Fire Emblem characters in general. :V
I actually asked that question a lot, and all I got was "Do you use her???????" (i don't) or "she's my waifu." Completely understand liking her for her battle capabilities, though.

FE7 is the one with Lyn and Eliwood.

Hm, that's a tricky thing to address.. Personally, I get attached to characters who get way involved with the plot, amongst other things like personality. Playing Geonology of the Holy War and Fire Emblem Awakening are good examples of this, imo, which funny enough, they're pretty similar games when it comes to the offspring mechanics. I feel as though the characters' stories in those games are pretty developed, and their emotions sort of fit in to that, so, yeah.

The more that I actually play a unit and like, try to boost their support conversations and what not, the more I couuuld relate to them. In some way. Again, for me, it all depends on the character, really.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Hm, that's a tricky thing to address.. Personally, I get attached to characters who get way involved with the plot, amongst other things like personality. Playing Geonology of the Holy War and Fire Emblem Awakening are good examples of this, imo, which funny enough, they're pretty similar games when it comes to the offspring mechanics. I feel as though the characters' stories in those games are pretty developed, and their emotions sort of fit in to that, so, yeah.

The more that I actually play a unit and like, try to boost their support conversations and what not, the more I couuuld relate to them. In some way. Again, for me, it all depends on the character, really.

It's completely normal to get attached to charaters, because good characters that you can get attached to make a game better (everyone gets a bit attached to certain characters). We were talking more about people getting attached to a character to the point where they have a romantic interest in them (and then some).

Last edited:

Incinermyn

The Abomination Lives!!!
Years
I learned about this series in 2001 after I got a copy of Super Smash Bros. Melee for the GameCube, but I had no idea it was actually released in the US until last year when I just happened upon the demo of FE: Awakening on Nintendo's EShop. My parents then got me a copy for my birthday and my mind was blown by the sheer complexity of the characters and battle system. I normally not a fan of strategy games, but coming off Pokémon Conquest, Fire Emblem has kind of become the exception. I'm actually trying to track down copies of Radiant Dawn and Path of Radiance, but my search in-stores has been turned up nothing (I know they're older titles, but GameStop and other game stores in my area usually have these types of old games, so it's a little annoying that I haven't found them yet...).

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Im going to buy awakening soon but I have some other things I need to buy on my 3ds. I have played shadow dragon, and the two on the gameboy advance as well as a few translated ones but I never went far into it.

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
Gah, Fire Emblem is one of the greatest RPG series of all time. If you enjoy long RPGs mixed in with much strategy then the Fire Emblem series is for you. My two faavorites of the series are The Sacred Stones on GBA and Awakening on 3DS. It's a shame most of the FE games are Japan only.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
The first FE game I've ever played was Fire Emblem: Awakening, and I never regretted it! This game has everything; amazing graphics, great storyline, fun characters and really enjoyable turn-based battles, like every FE game.

I enjoyed Awakening so much that I've decided to start from the very first game and move up. At least, every game available in Aus. :D

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
The first FE game I've ever played was Fire Emblem: Awakening, and I never regretted it! This game has everything; amazing graphics, great storyline, fun characters and really enjoyable turn-based battles, like every FE game.

I enjoyed Awakening so much that I've decided to start from the very first game and move up. At least, every game available in Aus. :D

Don't post this on serenes-forest (especially the "great storyline" part) or the hipsters will come fuming at you with foamy mouths. ^^

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years
I played The first Fire Emblem that was released outside of Japan for the GBA version and still haven't finished it. I'm stuck in chapter 26 lol the fight just gets on harder and harder. Would probably play Awakening once I get my hands on a 3ds.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
Years
Fire Emblem is one of my favourite series of all times. I garnered interest in the series just after SSBM like most others I presume, but my first Fire Emblem wasn't 7 or 8. My first Fire Emblem was actually Thracia 776 after my brother emulated it, and needless to say, I got my ass handed to me while playing it and never finished it until much later in my life. I got FE7 just a few weeks it came out despite my awful and unsuccessful playthrough of Thracia, and but as soon I played it everything just clicked. From then on, I started to follow the series religiously for the lack of a better word, and went off to play all of the FE games. (literally, all of them)

tl;dr I love Fire Emblem, and Pegasus Knights is Seth-tier to me.
Don't post this on serenes-forest (especially the "great storyline" part) or the hipsters will come fuming at you with foamy mouths. ^^
Honestly, if you joined the Fire Emblem series with Awakening, serenes-forest is not going to give you the greatest of welcomes.

Years
I've mentioned this more times than one, but I picked up Awakening recently after being compelled by a couple people here, and I haven't beaten it yet, but it has been quite awesome. The visuals are outstanding (great cutscenes and amazing in-battle animations), and let me tell you, this game has really tugged at me at points. This is just awesome.

There's a lot more I could say, but that's part of what I love the game for. :D

Back