• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The PC Jukebox ♪ The Music Lovers Club

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Before, I used to have friends make recommendations, and if I liked the artist, I'd soon start downloading their albums and whatnot and become an official follower. Now, though, I just listen to random songs on Spotify and Last.fm; if I wind up liking something, I'd look into its artist and listen to more of their music. d:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I do just about the same thing as Peitharchia. I put all of the artists and songs that I like onto my playlist and then listen for a while and sometimes during the commercials they'll recommend songs or bands to you based on what you have in your playlists and I'll go check them out and then check out things related to them and then spend a couple hours checking all the related artists until I've come in a giant circle back to an artist that I already have. Spotify is the best.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Pandora, Slacker, all those internet music websites are really good at showing us the latest and greatest in terms of artists and such. I discovered most of my new favorite music on there, and eventually I might be liking their album a lot more.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
HEY GUYS.

after such laziness I finally got to transfer ownership of this club to me. xD such lazy club owner am i.

How about a bump and discuss last weekend's Billboard awards! Anyone watched the presentation? What were your favorite moments? What performances did you like the best? Worst?

Also if anyone has any suggestions for the feature song, send them away! I'm thinking "Love Runs Out" by OneRepublic, or "Am I Wrong" by Nico & Vinz.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I was about to, but wound up forgetting, unfortunately. :( I'll look around on YouTube later and see if I could find some clips; hope all performances are worth watching, haha.

LegendaryDerp

Pokemon Connoisseur
Years
Username:LegendaryDerp
Reason for joining:well i love music and since. I found a club for music i thought hey why not.
Why I love music:when you listen to music its like ure in a different world blocking out everything around you and this helps me alot when im sad or going through bad times.

♪​

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
/late

Welcome aboard, LegendaryDerp! Any artists you like?

Just changed the song on the profile, guys. It's Chandelier, by Sia! The video might give you a strange sense, because it potrays a younger Sia, played by Maddie Ziegler. You miiight know her from Dance Moms if you're a reality show junkie like my sister. xD The video, imo, is a masterpiece and she did her dance beautifully. :)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
/lebump. :) hasn't been two months yet!

Wanted to give this club a bump! Not only because I miss it, it's because it's summer time here in the northern hemisphere, and we got a whole lot of music coming out these days. I'm going to allow open discussion on any new music you may have listened to this summer so far! Fire away! :)

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I haven't been listening to much new music lately, aside from the ones that I already have downloaded or those that I find myself running into on Spotify. Definitely open for recommendations!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I will say that there has been some good music this summer! I will present to you one bubbly song that's been on my mind for a month now. That'll be "Rather Be" by Clean Bandit. It's fun to sing aloud.

Then, the World Cup also brought in some awesome music as well. Normally listening to Spanish music is not much of my thing, but these two brought me up to dancing! Also, really glad to see Ricky Martin back in the spotlight. I've been a huge fan of his music since I was young.

Spoiler:

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
Lately, I have been listening to some good new songs such as Rude by MAGIC!, Ain't it Fun by Paramore, Find You by Zedd, and even though WC was finished long time ago, We Are One (Ole Ola) by Pitbull. lol

MurkMire

[font=special elite][color=#FF3399]Toxic Terror[/c
Years
I know this is purely music, but... I've been getting into a bit of Disney music. Mostly "Be Prepared," from the Lion King. ;P

Should I be posting this in the Disney Club?

No, but seriously, I've been listening to... well, not much anything new. I DID find a song I really like. One of those songs you hear every now and then, and think to yourself, "I'm gonna look it up." And of course, you forget. ;P

Of course, it was Breath, by my boys, Breaking Benjamin. I love these guys. <3

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Do you prefer music discs or downloading songs digitally?
More or less, they're both same for me; if you put a disc into your computer, you could take all the music out and have them saved. If you download, they're saved into your PC, too. Though, I prefer latter a little more, as you don't have to go through much hassle, really; all you have to do is click, wait for download, and play.

Above all, what I really like is listening to them live, via music streaming software such as Last.fm and Spotify. I used to be quite a heavy user of former, but this year, I've decided to switch things and give latter a try; so far, I'm pretty satisfied!

Salzorrah

Years
Do you prefer music discs or downloading songs digitally?

Almost all of my songs are digitally downloaded. I can't remember the last time I played music on a CD Music Player :P

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I used to have a CD music player, but that was ages ago; six years, if I remember correctly. Maybe seven. It was working perfectly fine, but as soon as I'd gotten a hold of my iPod, I didn't find myself using it at all anymore. Since I didn't use it, there was no use for me to simply leave it sitting in a drawer, so I gave it away to my friend in-exchange of three video games.

Salzorrah

Years
Our CD player broke tho coz someone broke it D: It was pretty old but still. :( The speakers still work tho haha :33 We use them with our radio system / USB Music Player lol

Lucky#13

Lucky Member
Years
Username: Lucky#13

Reason for joining: "Music is a world within itself with a language we all understand. With an equal opportunity for all to sing, dance, and clap their hands." -Stevie Wonder -Sir Duke

Why I love music: As a college student majoring in vocal performance, it would be awful if I didn't love music. Music always has been ans always will be a large part of my life.

My music taste: This is where it gets interesting. I have been studying in classes about the different components I enjoy in music. Genre I enjoy; Art songs, Arias, Opera, Musical Theater, Pop, Rock, Rock & Roll, Classic Rock, Blues, Swing, Big Band Jazz, Doo Wop, Bebop, Hard Bop, Techno, Hip Hop, some Dubstep, and some Fusion.

Components I like include Call and Response, Triplets, and Tritones.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Welcome to Jukebox, Lucky! Ah, so is that what you're majoring in? What year are you currently up to? Anyway, to keep this club going, I'll kick off a new topic for us all. I'm not sure if this had been discussed yet, but if it has and you've already answered it, then you may go ahead and ignore if you like. If not, then I suppose you're always free to re-answer!

To listen to music, do you usually use any portable speaker of sorts, such as either headphones or ear-buds? If so, which do you use? If you use both, which one do you more prefer? What color are they, and what would their brand be? When did you purchase them, and how much did you pay? Are you planning on replacing them any time soon?

Back