• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Your First Shiny

Years
The 1st Shiny I ever cam across was on Emerald. You know what is was? YOU KNOW WHAT IT WAS? I GOT A FREAKIN' MAGIKARP!!!! Of ALL the Pokemon, the one shiny I find in the wild, is a MAGIKARP >_> The troll, it hurts.

SirVer

Worshipper of Blaziken
Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2015
My first shiny. Wow, that takes me back... to a couple of hours ago. Yes, I caught my first shiny, literally a few hours before reading this thread. A beautiful little yellow Swablu on my way to Meteor Falls, like 2 others on this thread. Why is everyone going to Meteor Falls? Conspiracy... :paranoid:

Skipperooni

Mewtwo Buddddy!
Years
Ahh, my first shiny.
Been playing Pokemon for years, and I found it while walking around on HeartGold.
It was a Rattata.
A freaking Rattata.
Hahaha, I was kinda pissed, but also, it was my first shiny, too.
But then I got a shiny Mudkip from Prof. Birch one time.
That was fun.

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
Years
On Sapphire I caught a shiny Electrike. My gameboy died as I was saving. Corrupted file, dead shiny. :(
I caught a Shiny marill. Weeks later, as I was preparing to face the E4, my gba did the same thing and gave me a corrupt save. However, my game was able to recover my previous save! I got lucky I guess, and my shiny stayed alive...but then he died just recently because I lost my cartridge.

Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2013
mine was a shiny barboach i caught on meteor falls. i loved it and still in my emerald game, now a whiscash..:D

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
I've never found a shiny in my Gen III games D: Though I did try and soft reset for a Shiny Torchic a long time ago, only recently did I find out that the RNG in it was broken so it was literally impossible to do so unless you were really lucky.

Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2014
Female Mankey in firered, I was rather disappointed to be honest

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
The first shiny I ever came across was a shiny Swablu in Ruby. I wanted it so bad but when I tried to weaken it, my pokemon used a critical move and wiped it out in one shot ><

However, in LeafGreen I found a shiny Venemoth that I caught :>

Years
  • Seen Apr 10, 2014
1st and only non-legendary shiny was ponyta on fire red, quite happy when I caught a ponyta with blue flames.

Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2013
my first saw was goldeen in safari zone in Emerald... when I was a kid. my stupidity didnt know what shiny is back then, i just saw a shining powder thingy, and i run. same i did to shiny wingull :(

Sephirothxx

Likes Ruby version
Years
I still don't have any shinies in gen 3. The only shiny I've ever had is the shiny pichu I hatched in crystal last summer.

Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2013
Shiny Tangela at Route 21 in FireRed, while I was traveling from Cinnabar Island to Pallet Town after defeating 7th gym. It was actually my first encounter of Pokémon on this route - and it was shiny :). I had good Pokémons, and I didn't wanted to risk fainting because of critical hit (I hate critical hits when catching wild Pokémons), so I simply poisoned it, and threw Ultra Balls. The second throw catched it. Too bad it was in ROM version, not on my actual cartridge, but still.

AppleMan

Master Drawer
Years
Shiny Spinda in Pokémon Ruby but I couldn't catch it cause I wasteted all my PokeBalls on a Skarmory I didn't even use :(

Back