• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Seasons + Day and Night in Pokemon X & Y

Elite Four Lucian

Elite Four - Psychic User
Years
Do you guys think they will have seasons and a day and night system in the new generation games? I'd hope so, I think it'd look amazing in 3D, your thoughts on this?

TheFattestSnorlax

New year, new possibilities
Years
Day and Night simulation would probably be more realistic than the regular DS games - if else at all.

Admin posted above me yay

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
It's funny - they have a habit of arbitrarily deciding that feature X and feature Y will not appear or will appear in limited form - nocturnal Pokémon? Gone in favour of seasonal Pokémon.

This, sadly...I really hope to see both seasons and night & day simultaneously! It would give you a reason to not only play at least once a month, but at least sometimes in the day and sometimes and night! The combination could work to stunning effects!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I wouldn't mind losing seasons if there was a day/night feature :x But if it can be BOTH that'd be awesome too, just not neither please. :(

Elite Four Lucian

Elite Four - Psychic User
Years
I think the additions of Night and Day and the Seasons would make for very unique gameplay, because it can't be the same season or time of day for everyone :)

Sirfetch’d

I dont think they will take that feature out it is just too good. I want them both.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Yeah both would definitely be cool~ It makes finding certain forms pokemon more of a challenge~! If anything, I'd go with the seasons feature, but... eh, you know what, it's hard to choose between the two. @__@

BanditThePikachu

The Raichu of awesome
Years
Man, I sure hope so! It'd be awesome to have seasons and day/night cycle. I'm sure it's likely, too.
Well, kinda sure. :P It could happen, it could not. We should just wait and see. :U

Autaven

Gamer Girl
Years
I want them both! I love it at night when the little lights come on, but seasons is good too.

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
I would think that a visual day/night cycle is pretty much a gimme. It's easy enough to change the lighting and shaders based on the clock that I don't see how they could not do it.

Beyond that....? I'm not expecting much, honestly. Seasons would be nice, but GF already has their hands full with doing one 3D overworld, and I don't think it's likely that they'll do four. Maybe, and it'd be nice if they managed to pull it off well, but I just don't think it's going to happen. Maybe after they get these two out of the way and get a better idea of the ins and outs of developing for the 3DS.

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
Years
What would happen to Sawsbuck if they got rid of seasons? It will undoubtedly return. I hope they last for several months too, its more realistic.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
It's no doubt they'll have D/N systems in it.
It's tradition now, but as for seasons, I'm not wanting it, unless it's more life like, rather than having winter in August and Summer in February.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Ooh, imagine all the pretty lights in 3D! I'm assuming there's a city, and I think it would look really cool at night. :3 Not sure if they'll include seasons, if I remember correctly that was one of the things they advertised with BW, but of course they didn't have this awesome 3D. Still, I can see both happening!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
What would happen to Sawsbuck if they got rid of seasons? It will undoubtedly return. I hope they last for several months too, its more realistic.

They might change its gimmick, have it a day/night Pokemon instead if there isn't seasons. :x

Years
I think day/night is a staple in pokemon games by now. Or I hope it is at least! As for seasons, i don't see why they wouldn't put them in. And they must have seasons for deerling/sawsbuck like dillon said. I'd be seriously annoyed if they didn't include them, but if the addition of these features made the games look worse then I'd be fine without them.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I was hoping Unova would combine both methods but sadly they didn't. Now I hope they keep the two and mix. I want to see a larger number of season exclusive Pokémon this time around at least.

Deceit

Toxic.
Years
I think Day and Night will look really nice, especially from what we've seen about the 3D capabilities in the trailer. You can probably see the moon in the sky, or the sunset, etc. It will look pretty nice. But for Seasons and Day and Night, I would prefer D & N over Seasons really. Just my own preference. Though having them both would be cool, also.

Back