• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Evolution/Pre-evolution Speculation

blue

gucci
Years
I think a Lapras pre-evoltuion is quite possible, it would make a great addition to the Baby Pokemon group too. Something like this maybe:

Lapri_Lapras_Pre_Evolution_by_LegendsOfPokemon.png

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
The games aren't and should never be affected by the anime. Seeing a young Lapras in the anime doesn't rule out the possibility of a Lapras pre-evolution from ever happening.
With that said, I think it'd be cool if sometime the anime and game have similar chains of events, or if there are post-E4 side quests introduced emulating anime missions, complete with Team Rocket coming along. The only difference is there would be no Brock, May, Cilan, Iris, Dawn, etc. to help out; if anything, there might be scripted bits with Gym Leaders coming to help you.

These bonus quests could be DLC for a small fee ($2 each?) and there could be a listing of missions available at a building accessible only after the E4.

Cyclone

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Not possible for lapras since in the aime there apears to be an lapras baby even he's still really big. I think onix is an beter examples.

They had Baby Pikachus before Gen 2 was introdiuced as well. Anime doesn't control how the games flow. Games control how the Anime flows.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I think a Lapras pre-evoltuion is quite possible, it would make a great addition to the Baby Pokemon group too. Something like this maybe:

Lapri_Lapras_Pre_Evolution_by_LegendsOfPokemon.png

No that looks like Shellos... :( So no, if the pre-evolution is going to look like that I'd rather there be none at all!

Kaisersaur

Veteran
Years
D U N S P A R C E for too freaking long I've waited for an evolution of Dunsparce

God dammit Iwata! Make it happen!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Dunspance needs something...Yanma got something in Gen IV and before that it was largely ignored, proably still is but it's better now. An evolution of Smergle would be appreciated, that way it'll be easier to use it's mass moveset from sketch to create havok.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
An evolution of Smergle would be appreciated, that way it'll be easier to use it's mass moveset from sketch to create havok.
Actually, you just indicated why Smeargle won't get an evolution. Because it can learn any move (can you imagine Smeargle learning V-create in a tag battle from Victini?), it would probably make some unfair for battles. It can't be able to easily overpower any Pokémon at will.

Cyclone

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Actually, you just indicated why Smeargle won't get an evolution. Because it can learn any move (can you imagine Smeargle learning V-create in a tag battle from Victini?), it would probably make some unfair for battles. It can't be able to easily overpower any Pokémon at will.

Cyclone
I agree. It'd be way too strong imo. Maybe a pre-evolution would be okay and could even be in NU, but I don't think an evolution would necessarily be necessary. :x

Years
I was thinking that Smegle's evolution stat total should be on par with Yanmega's not Togekiss levels.
Anyways a Castform evolution ftw. The sandstorm update would also be nice.

blue

gucci
Years
I hope Qwilfish gets an evolution, there's been some buzz around this since the introduction of X & Y and with it being overlooked it could become really useful.

bombeqwil.png

Something similar to that concept possibly which would obviously result in Poison being replaced by Steel.

Guy

just a guy
Years
I hope Qwilfish gets an evolution, there's been some buzz around this since the introduction of X & Y and with it being overlooked it could become really useful.

Spoiler:

Something similar to that concept possibly which would obviously result in Poison being replaced by Steel.
Personally, I wouldn't be too fond of Qwilfish losing its Poison typing. It's based off of the Pufferfish, which is considered to be one of the most poisonous vertebrates in the world. For a lack of better words, it would seem sort of uncharacteristic I guess should you take that away from it.

I also think that design is kind of ugly. Sorry! :x

Years
I don't think they change it's typing if Quilfish were to evolve. However if they did they could remove water, after all Eelectrik wasn't part water despite being based on a eel.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023

bombeqwil.png

I really wanttttt that. Maybe with a shorter mouth but otherwise I want it really badly. It's so pretty! I mean badass. Not pretty lmao. I think it'd be a really strong physical attacker and now would be a great time for it to get an evolution :3

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I think Lumineon desperately needs an evolution.

Just because it's such an average and frequently forgotten pokemon. It should get some attention placed on it.

I would wager the Finneon/Lumineon line is the least remembered 4th gen line.

Edit: Also, I don't want any more Eeveelutions, gee people are obsessed with Eevee. Give some other pokemon a chance to shine! :(

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
I think Lumineon desperately needs an evolution.

Just because it's such an average and frequently forgotten pokemon. It should get some attention placed on it.

I would wager the Finneon/Lumineon line is the least remembered 4th gen line. (

I totally agree with you, Lumineon isn't the best when we are looking at its stats. It definitely needs an update.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
No Pokemon needs anything really. They are made the way they are on purpose. Varying stats, usefulness, ability...that's all common traits that separate all animals in the real world as well. They aren't all going to be useful, nor do they need to be useful.

So with the basis of "they need this or they need that" I wholeheartedly disagree. I however "Want" a few evolution and Pre-Evolutionary additions to Pokemon like Spiritomb, Jynx, Mr. Mime, Pinsir, Tauros, Miltank, and a few others mentioned here.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
No Pokemon needs anything really. They are made the way they are on purpose. Varying stats, usefulness, ability...that's all common traits that separate all animals in the real world as well. They aren't all going to be useful, nor do they need to be useful.

So with the basis of "they need this or they need that" I wholeheartedly disagree. I however "Want" a few evolution and Pre-Evolutionary additions to Pokemon like Spiritomb, Jynx, Mr. Mime, Pinsir, Tauros, Miltank, and a few others mentioned here.
Spiritomb won't get one, I'm rather sure of that. It's known as the "Forbidden Pokémon". What would a pre-evo be, the "Permissible Pokémon"?

Cyclone

Back