• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Hive ~Bug Types Fan Club!~

Status
Not open for further replies.

POKEMONTRAINERZER0

Pokemaniac
Years
If you could choose one bug type pokemon to gain an evolution which one would it be?
Hmm I would like to see a male Combee get an evolution. Vespiquen is amazing, but if you have a male it just stays Combee. Which sucks kinda.

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
Gen2 brought me two of my favorite bug pokemon: Scizor and Heracross.

Scizor just for plain bad-assery and Heracross for being so strong yet retaining its cuteness :) Both are also very much viable competitively

for the topic, i want to see evos for some of the less commonly known bugs, like Volbeat/illusmise. If you played the Ruby hack Ruby destiny LoG the creator has given them some nice designed evos (IMO).

Volcarona should never get an evo, for that would break the game. unless the evo just change its stat around but not increase them. (but still nigh impossible to happen)

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
Years
Volbeat and Illumise would be great candidates for an evolution as well. Bug/Electric seems a good type combo for them. They were speculated to be that when 3rd generation was released. They are actually my two favourite bug pokemon.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
I was never really much for Volbeat and Illumise actually, though third generation Pokémon have never been any of my favourites. Like I like the concept and designs, however as Pokémon they just never really appealed to me, and the only think notable about them was that signature move of theirs which I don't really remember. But yeah, maybe if they got evolutions I'd gain a bit of interest, however that would depend on what the evolutions turned out to be :p

Years
Here's a couple of userbars for the club, hopefully they're alright for the club owner :D

edaem.png

zxHkm.png

If anyone needs/wants one with different bug types, let me know. :) (as long as it's okay with the club owner)

Years
Hey guys, I'm back! :D

Oh yeah, illumise/volbeat really do need an evo, and a cool pre-evo would be, well, cool. (Olli, their Volbeat's signature move was tailglow/signal beam)

They need to get a super cool ball room dancer evolution or something, where Volbeat has a Tux. Maybe they'd be Bug/Normal?

Years
Oh wow Zach, those userbars are great! (by the way, you get a reward, just tell me what you'd like)

Hm, seems like this club hasn't seen a lot of use lately...

TIME FOR A NEW TOPIC!!!

Of the two split evolution groups in Generation 3, which was your favorite and why? (Nincada, Shedinja, Ninjask vs Wurmple, Silcoon/Cascoon, Beautifly/Dustox) Discuss!

Also, how bout a bug type of the week to be displayed in the first post? First suggestion wins! gogogogogogo! :D

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Of the two split evolution groups in Generation 3, which was your favorite and why? (Nincada, Shedinja, Ninjask vs Wurmple, Silcoon/Cascoon, Beautifly/Dustox) Discuss!
The Nincada line! I just thought the whole Shedinja thing was, despite being incredibly creepy, a lot of fun :3 It was a really interesting twist to see a Pokémon evolve in that way and then Shedinja itself was a treat to use. It's ability, stats and moves never left a battle boring, and although as you progress through the game everything seems to be able to kill it, that's not necessarily a bad thing as it makes it a lot more challenging which I prefer :3 You have to get really strategic with it if you want to keep using it towards the end of the game, so it's a Pokémon I really enjoy using. The Wurmple family however were... tbh, boring. There was nothing special about them at all other than their evolution methods and even that wasn't very exciting D:

Also, how bout a bug type of the week to be displayed in the first post? First suggestion wins! gogogogogogo! :D
YANMEGA. <3

Olli

Years

Probably the Nincada line. While the way the evolutions worked may have been a little odd, I liked it. I guess the main thing I like about this line is Shedinja though. It was a pretty unique Pokémon, being the only one to have the Wonder Guard ability. I didn't actually learn about it till late it, but the first time I used it I was pretty surprised that no Pokémon were able to hurt it, untill I learned that Pokemon strong to it could. Despite that, it was pretty fun to use, not the most effective since it wasn't as strong as I initially thought, however it was still fun to use :D

Years
Yanmega is now the Bug of The Week! (check first post)

On this, I'd have to say I like the Wurmple Line better, only because I've never used the nincada line (Nincada was a pain to train so I ditched it early on)

I like the element of surprise you get with wurmple, and the final evolutions learn some good moves (i.e. confusion/gust) for that stage of the game. Sadly, they aren't super useful later on, but Beautifly/Dustox are pretty cool!

Dalek_Kabu

Resident Fossil
Years
Username: Kabutopsian
Partners: Yanmega(nn doomfly) Genosect(NN Redrum)
Reason:Well short of the fossil types i love the living fossil bugs and use them every chance i get.

If you could choose one bug type pokemon to gain an evolution which one would it be?
I would choose the yanma yanmega family to gain a new pre-evolution it would be a helgramite like form no wings just nasty pinchers on its head much like a pinsir without the arms and legs.it makes sense to me since a dragonfly nymph is a worm like bug that inhabits the watery depths and tends to hide under rocks.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I like the element of surprise you get with wurmple, and the final evolutions learn some good moves (i.e. confusion/gust) for that stage of the game. Sadly, they aren't super useful later on, but Beautifly/Dustox are pretty cool!

I was going to say this in my answer, but then I started wondering if it really is much of a surprise o3o I mean, obviously you don't know which you'll get which is kinda fun, but neither of them are particularly... special. :3 It kinda seems like the difference between being given white paint or very pale beige paint :p I know this is quite a dull way to look at it, but I just think it's another reason why the Nincada family is so much better. x] Obviously there's no surprise in what you'll get whilst evolving a Nincada (unless you didn't know about Shedinja then it's extremely creepy lmao), but I still think that based on the Pokémon you actually receive from it, it's a lot more fun and rewarding. Especially since the two evolutions are so completely different from each other :3

Years
Welcome kabutopsian! You should be added to the members list.

Hm, I don't think beautifly/dustox are reminiscent of "pale white/beige" lol. I think there is enough surprise - I know I was surprised with my first wurmples. I love how they feel like two completely different families of pokemon even though they stem from the same species. But I will say I love Shedinja's legend that goes along with it. Every trainer is doomed if that were true haha.

Olli

Years

That applies to the majority of Bug Pokémon too though, which is probably why they evolve so quickly. For example, with first generation games, you could catch a Caterpie or a Wumple and get them fully evolved before the first gym even, where they for a bit would be good for your team, but as you progress, even though they level up, they just don't help the team as much as they did earlier on, and once you're far enough into the game, practically anything can kill them. The stronger Bug Pokémon like Volcarona and Heracross are exceptions to this though, however they also appear later into the game, so it's not quite the same.

Years
@Olli97 Hm, that's not ENTIRELY true. Heracross, pineco, scolipede, leavanny, scyther, nincada, combee, yanma, and dwebble (and even paras) can all be obtained before the fourth gym (in respective games, unless I'm mistaken) and they're strong bug types. (in my mind at least)

So I've noticed that very few people have been posting lately which is sad. Maybe an event/contest will liven things up? please?

And if no one signs up, no big deal as it's just a small one.

Time For A Haiku Contest! - write a haiku about a bug type pokemon that accentuates it's qualities etc.
Why haikus? Why not!

• For those who don't know a haiku is a small poem following a pattern of five syllables for one line, seven syllables for the next line and five syllables once more for the last line. It doesn't have to rhyme (actually I'm not sure if any of them do, but feel free to)
Poems will be judged by me on cleverness and whether or not they capture the bug type subject. Making them funny won't hurt either! :D

1st: Club Emblem (if that is in effect, if not I'll change it)
2nd: Reward

3rd: Pat on the back

Get poetic! :D

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
... I don't know how to write a haiku ;; But I'll try my best! Can we do it on any Bug Pokémon? If so I'll do it on Dwebble because it's so cute and tough and intricately designed and it's just adorable! <3 But yeah, I don't know if you were intending for us to actually sign up or not, but I'll be taking part so sign me up! Is there an end date for the contest? :)

Also yes, the emblem is in effect, so there will be an emblem prize for first place. :D

Years
Any bug pokemon, yup! There's no sign up form or anything, but notification is good. Oh shoot, thanks for reminding me about that end date! Hm, how about on the 9th of september, about a week and a half. In the mean time, we need a new topic, so...

When did you start actively using bug pokemon/become a fan? If you can remember, what was your first bug-type? (Props if you actively used them in generation 1 or 2!)

Years
Dang, I totally forgot about this club.. :( well, here goes

Spoiler:

I could type more if you want me to, lol.. Actually, if this isn't good, I can type up some more since poetry is one of the strongest areas for me in terms of writing. :P

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Okay, here's an attempt at haiku! Don't judge...

Determined Dwebble
All he has is what he's made
Hidden strength inside

When did you start actively using bug pokemon/become a fan? If you can remember, what was your first bug-type? (Props if you actively used them in generation 1 or 2!)
Tbh, it wasn't till Gen V that I really started loving Bug types. I'd always loved them due to their natural affinity with Grass and Poison, my two other favourite types, but they were always too weak to warrant proper usage. But when Gen V came along and introduced Dwebble and Sewaddle, this changed completely. I use one of these two Pokémon in every team I train now, so Gen V definitely marked the start of using Bug types properly for me. Other than that, the only Bug type I actually remember training was a Forretress in HG which was my main Pokémon in that play through - it wasn't strong and it certainly wasn't very useful, but it was fulfilling to use :3 Two that I've always wanted to try using are Heracross and Pinsir, but I just never got round to it haha.

Years
Nice haikus guys! 8 more days to entry (other people) Also, ZachLMedia, you got a reward, just tell me what you want to do with it please! :D

Topic: I think my interest started with my first game of pokemon. (diamond) It was only a slight interest because the first bugs I saw were dustox/beautifly and well, they weren't very strong. BUT. Then I learned there were Heracross to be found in my second pokemon game of heartgold (I was a fan from the anime) And while it took a lot of headbutts, I finally found one, which boosted my interest up a lot. Then from more playthroughs and gen V, I got to loving the bugs as I do now! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back