• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fate/of a Nation (M) [OOC/SU]

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
Years
Um... just wondering... Would it be okay if I were to make a Servant based on THIS or THIS character? I'm kinda having a hard time choosing a historical or mythological figure to part with... and I'm certain I can't make one from Scratch, so... yeah xD

Years
If you are having trouble with interesting historical or mythological figures I could send you a list :)

Skaoi would make an excellent Archer. Not sure about Lu Bu though.

Chalifoux

Years
I'm actually inclined to Skaoi cause she looks pretty badass with the snow-riding thingies and stuff xD i forgot how they're called, please don't hurt me :[

I'd appreciate that, but I'm most certainly gonna do Skaoi :p I just linked to Lu Bu in case she was considered OP or something xD

Years
Go with her (and consider Archer reserved for that character).
I'm looking forward to what you bring to the RP.

Edit: @Elite Your image for Archer covers the text in your SU.

Last edited:

Chalifoux

Years
Lol, me too xD I have yet to come up with a concise character concept :p
Also, I don't understand the concept of Noble Phantasm >.< the wikia for Fate only makes me understand less than I already do (see: nothing), would anyone care to explain what they're all about, pretty please? :]

EDIT: gimmepie, I think it's fixed? :/

Years
The Noble Phantasm is an object or animal (usually an object unless you're Servant is Rider) with a connection to the servants past/mythos. It is basically an incredibly powerful weapon, shield or steed. There are exceptions to this of course (such as with my character), but you get the idea.

Chalifoux

Years
Um... I think I get it? xD Pardon my ignorance/inability to understand things. I'm not really and Anime person xD

So I guess it would be a sort of technique with a bow for Skaoi something in this case? :?

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
Years
;-; I had no idea it had already be done. Is it OK if I still use the idea Chili/Gimmie? I'll be making it my own and ignoring that wiki page entirely XD.

Some servants have more than one NP, but in general there is one. In the anime at least, very few characters have more than on NP, however they might have different ways to use it/techniques/abilities.

Characters such as Saber have one main NP, Excalibur, but then has Avalon which is kind of an add on. The Lancer in /Zero also has two NPs.

Actually the only franchise which has mainly one-Phantasm Servants is the Fate/extra game, and that's likely due to programming/balancing limitations for a fighting game; in F/sn Saber has Excalibur, which is an all-out offensive option, but also has Invisible Air, a Noble Phantasm that, in addition to concealing Excalibur, also serves lower-end offensive option which grants further utility as a speed boost (because revealing the identity of Excalibur means revealing the Servant's own identity as well, Saber uses Invisible Air to beat up weaker people). Avalon isn't just an add-on, either, as it's a very powerful defensive Noble Phantasm that gives ridiculous amounts of regeneration and heals otherwise fatal wounds.

F/sn Lancer has 2, which is pretty standard (well, same weapon with 2 different attack forms, but classified as 2 separate Phantasms nonetheless); for some other examples, Gilgamesh as Archer has 3 different Phantasms, two of them being ridiculously broken (Gate of Babylon is basically as good as Unlimited Blade Works! ... if you don't count the Reality Marble component, but Gate doesn't rank down stuff; and Ea is, well, it beats everything if it gets used). EMIYA as Archer has basically infinite Noble Phantasms (even though Unlimited Blade Works is totally hax), but even if we discount the multitude of modified and standard Broken Phantasm projections we can still loosely count Kanshou and Bakuya in addition to UBW itself, because Crane Wing Three Realm is a special technique. F/sn Rider has 3, Caster -technically- has 2 (only Rule Breaker is really usable - and it's very good - but it doesn't matter that much because her magic is pretty strong compared to modern magecraft), and Berserker has 2 (so that's 6/7 Servants with 2+ Noble Phantasms).

If we examine F/z: Saber is the same, Lancer here has 2 actually different Phantasms, Berserker has 3, Assassin has 1 as normal for the class, Caster, as an irregularity, has only 1, Rider has 2, Gilgamesh is the Archer here and is also the same, and that's it.

Plus there's a lot of customization to be had with Combat Skills.

My hypothesis is that the reason for Assassin not typically having more than Noble Phantasm is twofold: one, the Fuyuki War places restrictions on the identity of Assassin, which forces his/her Noble Phantasm to be Zabaniya, and two, the Assassin class has pretty terrible parameters in general. Outside the Fuyuki Wars in the F/apocrypha light novels, Assassin of Black (Jack the Ripper) does have two known Noble Phantasms already, so. (We'll have to wait until the full info books are released to know all the abilities of all the Servants for it, and I think Semiramis would likely have at least two as well, but not much has been revealed ... yet.)

The purpose of this speech was to, well, clarify the fact that Servants don't need to stick to one Noble Phantasm in canon (and usually don't, since most spirits that become Heroic Spirits do so because they were immensely powerful in life); please don't take it as a personal attack on anyone! Okay thanks bye.

(Side note: I don't really like the F/sn anime adaptation ... it kind of mix-and-matches material from each of the three routes and is just generally unsatisfying. F/z anime adaptation was very good though!)

(Other side note: Lu Bu! http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Berserker_(Fate/Extra_Rin_route))

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
Years
My Heroic Spirit is totally a different gender from the one in the tradition itself ... hopefully that's fine. (I mean, look at Mordred and Astolfo... okay the latter doesn't really count but Rider's crossdressing is so convincing)

Years
@Cirrus - Saber = King Arthur. Need I say more?

@Elite - The image still covers up the text.

Chili, you're still taking part right? I don't see your name in the list any more.

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years
@GP XD idk... I might just GM from the sidelines on this one :p i just wanna create an open space for someone to join if theyd like to but ill get an su ready in case no one is

Years
Well you're the boss - but wasn't your love of the franchise the whole point in creating the RP.

Anyway - we shall post the IC soon enough everyone, we just need a few more completed SU's.

Chalifoux

Years
@jhghkgjkdwfkbjn! Why does CSS hate me so much :/ Just. Why.
*el sigh* I'll just get rid of the picture then >.>

And I should finish my SU round this week... probably... I can't promise any good progress since I'll be hella busy for today :/

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I'm slowly adding :) I'll probably finish tomorrow. If anything is wrong/odd VM me ^_^.

Years
So far so good - I think multiple Noble Phantasms makes sense within reason so I'm all good with people having multiples if Chili is. If that's the case I might add one too Desdemona, we'll see.

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years
Whoop Whoop! Just changed my mind ill give it another day and if no one else takes the last spot i shall participate :D btw more than one NP is completely fine and it's what its like in the anime right?

Back