• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Heh, welcome back, Shido! This club is a bit quiet without you. It's nice to have you back.

Ed, if you plan on hunting for Bronzor through use of Magnet Pull and with the PokeRadar, I'll tell you right now that Magent Pull probably has no effect pass the first chain. I hope you have a nice time in Spain, but why are you going?

As for me, I've decided to narrow my hunts, if only by a little bit. I'm going to concentrate on one shiny per "region" (I suppose). So instead of hunting for both Bulbasaur and Squirtle simultaneously, I'll just stick to Bulbasaur until I'm bored (then I'll hunt for Squirtle a bit). For the Hoenn Region, I'm going for Latias (who else?), and for Sinnoh, I'm going to stick with a starter...the thing is though, I can't really which! Any suggestions? I'm leaning towards Turtwig right now, actually...I'm going to see if I can keep this going for a couple of days.

LordxDanswich

Lord of the Sammich!
Years
I've started my shiny circit on sppf off to a pretty good start, i present to you shiny aron

sta40092dz5.jpg

sta40091dl5.jpg

I've also never seen iv's so bad in my life
Aron
HP: 7 - 9
Att: 18
Def: 10 - 12
SpA: 10
SpD: 11 - 13
Speed: 0 - 1

Shadow Chaos

Has gone...
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2012
Well, today I caught my second PokeRadar Shiny: Abra.

While I continued looking for Ralts, I went to a patch of grass that sparkled (to me it looked a regular patch, as I had the sun's bright light hitting my eyes through the window), to start a chain, and boom, an Abra appeared. I immediatly switched to Wobbufet (*Wobbufet is on my team cause a Kirlia once escaped from me while I was looking for Ralts), since I know they know Teleport, so I caught it with my second Repeat Ball. Its cool cause I have a second Radar Shiny, but I am still looking for Ralts... so I broke the chain myself at two. Here are his stats:

Abra (M); Caught at Lv. 4; Met at Route 203; A little quick tempered; Likes bitter food.
Nature: Calm
HP: 16
Attack: 6
Defense: 6
Sp. Atk: 13
Sp. Def: 9
Speed: 13

Oh, and my Budew is now a Roselia!! ^ ^

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner
Years
Nothing to update with. Oh Shinx baby, where you at? *looks hopeful* Nada III. *DRAT*

Shido-koi! *GLOMPS*

Hey is your Gastrodon male or female? (Mine's female.)

@ Dragon Tamer Ed AND Kratos_rage AND Shadow Chaos - Congradulations on the new shinys guys!

Dragon Tamer Ed

Formerly DarkParukia
Years
Well last night I was out till after midnight with some friends. When I got back in I just continued my Bronzor hunt. And to all you nay-sayers, I tell you now that Magnet Pull has an effect and a half on chaining. I have had chains in the 30's with very little effort, and none of my chains so far have broken below 10.

Dragon Tamer Ed

Formerly DarkParukia
Years
Well, everyone this will be my last post here before I head out on my week-long trip to Spain, where I will hopefully get a tan and clear my skin as well as continue with my shiny hunts (which will mostly be late-night). So good luck on your hunts everyone and I'll see you when I return.

Years
Good luck, Ed, and welcome back, Shido!

As it stands, I'm alternating my hunts on Diamond between Drifloon, Rotom, and Aerodactyl; Aerodactyl being for the Shiny Circuit at SPPF. (Sorry, Ryan! :P But it IS a good shiny!)

My counts are currently at 1006 Rotom, 136 Aero, and 1047 Drifloon. I don't usually spread my SRing so thin.

I'm also working on breeding a shiny Chikorita on Emerald, but not very actively at this time due to my attention being drawn to SRing on Diamond. I have yet to breed a Bold female to stick an Everstone on, and I'll need to dig up another male from my Fire Red batch of Chikos who still knows Counter and put it through the Gardevoir base so it doesn't forget it in the daycare. If I get a shiny in the meantime, it'll still be okay, because my current male breeder (QI with flawless Special Defense and near-flawless in three other stats) still knows Leech Seed and I still have a couple of Counter tutors available.

I've never yet reached what I call the "shiny breed hustle" stage for any of my breeding operations thus far, so I wonder how fast it'll go. This hustle is what I call the process of hatching eggs and releasing the hatchlings directly from your party. I can't do it yet because I need to check the stats of the hatchlings before releasing them to continue breeding up my stats to perfection.

My second breeding target, if Chiko ever works, shall be Skorupi. I'd rather find a cheap used Ruby to reset for Beldum on than fight with Emerald, breed, or chain, and I'd be able to chain Zangoose if I got one! :D

Oh, and 1057 Drifloon as of typing this post.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
And to all you nay-sayers, I tell you now that Magnet Pull has an effect and a half on chaining. I have had chains in the 30's with very little effort, and none of my chains so far have broken below 10.

It doesn't take much "effort" to get high chains. You just have to be attentive to your game. As for none of your chains breaking below ten, it could be possible that you're just getting better at chaining.

In a dream I had last night, I realized just how angry I am with one of my cousin's. He took one of the Johto Starters (Totodile, to be exact), went to the Elite 4, and beat it, which saved my game, after I deliberately told him NOT to do even go further than Route 101 or save the game. Because I of that, I can only get one Johto starter through soft resetting, unless I restart one of my Emerald's over and over again. And I've decided that this is what I shall do. So I will no longer hunt for Latias on my Emerald. Instead, I'll focus on getting (SRable) shinies that I will probably have no other oppurtunity to get. This includes is almost exclusively Cyndaquil because every I can soft reset for things like Groudon and Rayquaza when I beat the file again. So, yeah, once I get shiny Cyndaquil, I clone a couple, trade them all over to Emerald1, and reset Emerald2. Then I'll complete the dex, and try to get a shiny Totodile, and finally repeat the process one last time to get Chikorita.

Or I could just breed, but I don't really think any of the Johto starters are worth breeding for.

Good luck, everyone.

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Years
shido said:
it's male of course ;), now if only I could get a blue one shiny

I thought the same thing! But in my game even in the area the blue Gastrodon are the most common, I don't see very many. So I'm sticking to Shinx. After I get that I'd like Glameow, Skorupi, and Stunky. (for some reason the skunks have wiggled their way into being one of my favorites of the 4th gen, go figure) Of course when the Absol swarm or Eevee are in the backlot, I head there even during another hunt.

Years
It doesn't take much "effort" to get high chains. You just have to be attentive to your game. As for none of your chains breaking below ten, it could be possible that you're just getting better at chaining.
Based on my knowledge of how the Pokéradar works, Fufu is correct. Magnet Pull and related abilities shift the random Pokémon odds, but chained Pokémon are not random. The game randomly generates Linker and Breaker patches, but the contents of Linker patches are not random, so Magnet Pull does not apply.

Of course when the Absol swarm
I haven't encountered one Absol swarm in my game yet. :( I really want a shiny Absol, too.

1174 Drifloon.

Years
Hey. I've been gone for a while due to school related troubles, but I've been SRing for a shiny Cranidos. Probably 500 SR [started 3 days ago] and no luck. I worked today though so I haven't done today. Good Luck all.

shinyGeo

Part heeler, Part Shiny Hunter
Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2007
sorry i was gone for a while guys, my uncle got in a car accident so i had to go back up to ft myers. he's doing better though, i havent been playing much only just got to the 7th badge, but im pretty sure ive seen all the pokemon ive needed to see up to this point.

Years
  • Seen May 3, 2008
may i join?
my shinies are at this time mew(an admited hack for many reasons.)
and gallade(I dout hes going anywhere to trade,if i recently viseted a cloner you may recive one)
i dont have luck with my pokeradar&P

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Uh oh, looks like Kratos got a new shiny (I can see you on the "Active Users" bar)...a pre-emptive congrats for you, my friend! Unless of course you're just viewing the thread...

Has anyone besides MM ever gotten all the shiny starters legitimately?

Years
Welcome back, D'money! Didn't you give that Skarm to Fufu? :p

Uh oh, looks like Kratos got a new shiny (I can see you on the "Active Users" bar)...a pre-emptive congrats for you, my friend! Unless of course you're just viewing the thread...

Has anyone besides MM ever gotten all the shiny starters legitimately?
I don't have any shiny starters. Emerald has screwed me out of them. Twice.

1524 Drifloon. I'd stop but I have nothing else to do.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
I was talking about MissingNo. Master. But I forgot the "." between the two Ms, so I see why you thought I was referring to you.

I wish Bulbasaur would be shiny...I'd really like to try my hand at soft resetting for a shiny Lapras again. And I usually have pretty good luck with the starters, at least the Hoenn ones.

Good luck, everyone.

Last edited:

41victory

>.> Nobody saw anything <.<
Years
Hey everyone!
Congrats to those who got shinys recently.
I have been hunting for shinys the past few days now.
Right now I'm chaining Eevee but no luck. ( can't get higher than 7 err! i know i can do better.)
and I'm Sring for Squirtle, but no luck yet.

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Years
No luck on my part, but I was side tracked by reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows clean through in one sitting, I started yesterday around 3PM I'd guess, read all night with out a break and finished the book at 7:24AM! (for whatever time zone West Virginia, USA is in) and now I can't decide if it's easier to stay up the rest of the day or to crash right now with little swirls where my eyes should be! lol

Any way good luck to those who are hunting!

Ja-ne!

- - - Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

rapid whalelord

<--She's a ribbon queen...38!
Years
you may remeber me from pg 310 and ive done a bit more since (plz note the was an error on my key board and it say 23 ithink it shud say 2 - 3
ihave 190(estimation)
but only some are legit so ill only list the legit 1s i didnt get wit my action replay and pokedex orderish:

ivysaur ditto magmar(really weak) pichu gastly torchic arcanine abra tentacruel grimer steelix magikarp evee snorlax typhlosion sudowoodo umbreon gligar donphan raikou (and i you count it celebi) blaziken wurmple zangoose seviper breloom ninjask shedenja spoink duskull beldum and kyogre then on friday when i finally get pearl they'll be more because i just read up on chaining

i cant w8 for d/p(stupid europe getting every thing last x( and so u know dis time im back for good people...............(long cheer)...........yay

Last edited:
Back