• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Evolution: Re-Loaded (OOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
Years
  • Seen Mar 17, 2011
Will there be other gifted students which are not entirely controlled by RPers?

Can we bunny teachers?

Can't wait for the lessons to start.

Raichu Master

...who?
Years
Along with the other issue (...which no one has yet to comment on...) I'm also debating on that one as well. Will the be other characters? That would depend on how many people Enigma actually experimented with. They didn't experiment on a large population so the numbers are already small, so I'm not sure whether there will be or not.

As far as lessons go I'm still trying to figure that out. In the anime series there really doesn't seem to be any education system, and neither is there one in the games except the occasions where there are schools to education on pokemon, but I think it's just assumed (maybe). But here is my decision:

Like in X-men evolution, the purpose of the academy is to help the mutants cope with society, which is the aim of this university. So therefore, the students were expected to attend public school, which I think is what may happen, just because that's the more interesting route, and that's how Pokemon Evolution has always worked. And there has to be coping with the outside world.

However, in either scenario, there are going to be "instructors" who mentor and train each person how to control their power, so there are other characters within the university.

I have an idea, but i want all of your views in it before I edit my post:

Each character has a mentor controlled by the rper (I'm debating whether to need another sign-up sheet for this). But along with the mentor there is also a head of training in each area which is controlled by me.

What do you guys think? now there are two issues.

NOTE: Please read first post for current issues that are in discussion.

Trainer Kat

→ voodoo jungle d r u m s;;
Years
NPC issue- I think there should be community NPCs. Dr. V, for instance. Either that, or you could have people sign up for NPCs, but allow people to have some limited control over them. For example, let's say I'm controlling a character named Tina, who happens to be...erm...she'll be the librarian. Now, Rai wants to check out a book. He could go to the library and get said book without waiting for me to post. I hope that made sense.

Personally, I like the idea of having mentors. Obviously, Ashleigh isn't going to need the same type of training as Tyler. I think that's a good idea.

One quick question, just because I'm not sure I understand. Are we attending SCHOOL at the university? Or are we all attending a local high school, where we'll be mixed in with normal kids?

Years
  • Seen Mar 30, 2013
yikes close signups! lots of RPers is nice but too many is a crowd and complicated....plus its hard to feel like posting when i get interrupted with more signups...

Ninetales1

Japan-flavoured Europhile
Years
True, true, especially the fact that the signup quality seems to go down as the RPG gets later and later...

Whoa... it seems that the rooms are arranged so that people get their worst enemy or worst match as a roommate... Gee, Violet and Cyclo...? Talk about near opposite personalities...

*waits for Sir Aaron to post* After all, I was talking to his character...

Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2014
ok i re-did my sign in is it better or should i chang something.

Raichu Master

...who?
Years
Yes, I should close this rp huh? I mean, I was going to leave it open only because...well...quite honestly, I didn't know how it would do. But since it is a rather popular RP, I suppose I'll close it.

School - See I was debating with myself about the whole school issue as well. I think it best if we attend a local high school.

NPC - Very good. If no one else has anything else to say on this matter then it is decided.

Ninetales - *grins wide* don't I know it!

Trainer Kat

Years
xD; I would still let Jez in, should she choose to sign up, since she DID say she was going to.
As for closing sign-ups, I dunno, if you're sure we have enough people. I remember one RP had prospectives sign-up, and then current members voted on whether or not to let them in. We could do that, or we could just close them outright.

Oh man, I can't wait to see how Ashleigh reacts to Violet...

Raichu Master

...who?
Years
*ponders* Everyone who has signed up or has tried to sign up will be eligible to be accepted. I could post that all sign ups from here on out be put on here and then that way we can discuss, whoever I'm of the idea that we just close it and open it if I or we see fit. However, I don't know i would like to think more on the whole "voting" in or out, because ultimately it's my call whether someone is in or out. But you have seen how easily i am swayed. XD

Yeah, this should be interesting.

Rai...*shakes head*...he's such a...hmm...how do i put this...? Flirt? I have a habit of creating characters opposite of my own personality. XD

Years
  • Seen Mar 30, 2013
a flirt and ignores guys when they talk to him >.> *bitter he got ignored for Ashleigh*

Raichu Master

...who?
Years
Rai tends to do that...whenever a guy talks to him and a girl, any girl really, is in the room or he thinks will be in the room, the conversation goes in one ear and out the other. Let's just say that he has selective hearing. XD

Rai: I'm working on it...ok...I'm working on it...sheesh...

Anyway, their first day of school will be tomorrow (tomorrow in the rp), which should be interesting.

Oh and all misfits, I don't know if I made this clear or not, were done on purpose. I just so love conflict that I couldn't resist. Oh and another thing, it will give each character a chance to work on control. XD

Ninetales1

Japan-flavoured Europhile
Years
Oh man, I can't wait to see how Ashleigh reacts to Violet...

Well there you go--I put Violet right across the table from her. Have fun!

Hmm... The problem with having two names (a real name and a nickname) is that you never know which one to call characters by. I've been calling everyone by their nicknames most of the time, but then nearly everyone except me has been calling their characters by their real names. Is this a mistake on my part--are we supposed to be given these second names by Dr. Vinton or something after a while?
(I hope not--then I'll have to do a switcheroo on Violet's names. There's no way she's being called Florita.)

I personally vote that we close the signups, only because nine or ten really is a crowd, and any more would make it easy to have things get out of control. We can open signups if people quit, but if that doesn't happen, let's just close signups for now. You can always restart this RPG later to allow some of the other people to be in the RPG, maybe break up the RPG into two--the same plot but with two different sets of characters (us and the new signups). I remember having to do that with an RPG I created on another site...

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
Years
  • Seen Mar 17, 2011
I just noticed there is one character each for ages 14, 15, 17 and 18. The rest is 16.

I say close the sign ups. If you want to leave it open, get them to PM you their sign up. But it's better to close. You don't have to deal with low quality sign ups.

Trainer Kat

Years
Not, like, trying to start something, but, I'm just wondering...
x.x Did Quasar get accepted?
I'm just unsure, since you didn't include him in the room arrangements.

Star Girl

Dragon Obsessed
Years
Just I thought I should give my two cents on closing the RP to new applications. I think were at an odd amount of students right now. I personally think we should wait until everyone has a roommate before closing the RP. After that point I'm all for closing the RP. My reasoning: having a roommate has its ups (some of which can be fun) and downs and who says we should deny one of the characters of having one?

About characters having individual mentors for themselves. I really like that idea, it would give the chance for some characters to come out and show their stuff without their usual worries. Also for the characters that have slight confidence issues, like mine, it would be the perfect way to build up a character's confidence level, since they are away from the watchful eyes of classmates. Also on another note most of the characters have different powers while some of the thing do overlap like Ty and Dana's ability to fly (at least I am assuming this on Ty's part) most of the time one instructor could not meet the needs of all the different characters and their respective powers which would make a single instructor would be able too.

Something that was bothering about me about Quasar. First of all he never listed Safeguard as one of his powers in his application. Second, call me possesive, but Safeguard is what I was using as the basis for Dana's energy barriers, I just didn't quite come out and say it like Quasar did. Truth be told I don't mind it too much since it is different from mine but for some reason it bugs me.

Anyway that's all I got to say for now.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 30, 2013
i think too many mentors COULD get confusing with so many names flying around but i'm willing to deal with it.

on the new member category... theres already so many RPers and i have to wait forever before i can post already... i'd rather close them now.

as for Quasar.... i'm still seeing that he never even got accepted. Why is he posting?

Star Girl

Dragon Obsessed
Years
i think too many mentors COULD get confusing with so many names flying around but i'm willing to deal with it.

on the new member category... theres already so many RPers and i have to wait forever before i can post already... i'd rather close them now.

I do see where you coming from on both of them. More RPers does equal more mentors which then equals more confusion. Your probably right that it would be better to close the RP to new applications

as for Quasar.... i'm still seeing that he never even got accepted. Why is he posting?

Yeah I noticed that too. I am starting to think maybe he thought since RM never said no that he was now accepted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back