• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Issue: Malware on PC...?

`Brianna

Mahamagiha, my friends!
Years
Spoiler:

Is this just Google Chrome being stupid? Or has this happened to anyone else?

It only happens when I go on the thread "Easter Eggs" in the B2/W2 forum....

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Nope, it's happening to me too.
I'm not taking any chances and just not go on that thread lol.
(I don't even have BW2 so it doesn't really affect me^^)

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
There's no danger in going to the threads, it's just because people have posted images from sites that activate Chrome's malware warning, and it's something you'll run into from time to time if you use Google Chrome. It doesn't happen that often, so it shouldn't really be that much of a problem, but there's no danger in going to the threads, just as long as you don't go to the websites where the images are hosted.

Years
As a Chrome user, I'm receiving this message too. I really wanted to see the latest post there and now I can't, not to mention I visit the Black 2 and White 2 forum frequently.

I read that it posted pictures that triggered the malware warning or something.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
There is something wrong with Pokejungle and a user who is in the thread you want to read is hotlinking an image from Pokejungle. It'll clear itself up overtime as this was an issue with Pokebeach images from MRAS' signature last week.

Found the user that triggered the Notice and sent him a PM asking him to remove the image. Though it he doesn't I can't really do anymore than that as its a browser issue not an actual viral/malicious threat. We can only wait for Pokejungle to sort out the issue themselves.

Last edited:

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I got the same message last night, but I already knew about the malware warning, since I had seen it on other forums across the years.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
I got the message too.
But it let me proceed at my own free will, so it can't be that bad. Normally when there's malware google chrome won't allow me to enter sites at all.

Years
As said above, it is normally due to someone posting a picture from a site that could have malware or some form of virus floating around, but Chrome is extra sensitive when it comes to these things.

Best thing to do is inform the boards moderator or a higher member of staff and they can get the problem resolved as quickly as possible!

Thank you for letting us know, when you do, as I am sure they are annoying.​

Years
The image must have been removed because I'm not seeing this error any longer (I too am a Chrome user) on the mentioned thread above. (although the last post was 90 minutes ago)

Aura Vitae

Down, Sword Hand!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 23, 2019
I get a similar error when I visit certain threads like in the trading corner for example but instead of pokejungle it says pokemon marriland.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
The same warning appears for the newest page of ''Pokémon Lightning Yellow'' in Games Showcase.

Back