• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Nuzlocke Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingofeds

The Ed-olution is here!
Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2022
Username: kingofeds
Game: Pokemon Emerald (Pokemon Randomizer Active)

So my goal with this game was to randomize the Pokemon I get in Emerald and complete a Nuzlocke challenge on this with a few additional rules, so here's the rules I set for myself.

1. I can only catch the first Pokemon on each route after I have received Pokeballs (so any Pokemon I run into on the way to fight May I will just run away from)
2. Each Pokemon I catch must be nicknamed
3. I must use my Pokemon that I catch in order (ex. The first 6 Pokemon I catch will be on my team until someone dies and then I must use the next Pokemon that I caught)
4. If a Pokemon faints, it will just end up in my PC in a box called DEAD.
5. If I black out, the challenge will end with a status of FAILED.
6. I may catch a 2nd pokemon in an area if it is Shiny, but I will put it in a box in my PC called SHINY and can't be used.

So here's my first update:

So I started off on my quest into a very strange world by selecting a Weezing as my first Pokemon. I made my way up the paths to Route 103 where I beat May without any problem. After Birch gave me some Pokeballs and a Pokedex, I set out on my adventure and the first Pokemon I ran into on Route 101 was a Camerupt and I caught it to add to my collection. After a quick stop in Oldale Town, I went back to Route 103 to catch myself a Scyther. I then headed out to Route 102 where I caught a glimpse of a Breloom before running out of Pokeballs and watching it burn. I then stopped by the Petalburg Gym to say hi to my dad and watch him help some little runt named Wally catch a Pokemon. On my way out, some creepy, stalker-like dude walked up to me and just randomly talked to me. I was stumped, but I headed out to Route 104 where what to my wandering eyes should appear, but a Salamence of my own and I had to cheer. I continued on, wreaking havoc all about until I reached the forest, it was the end of the route. I went into the Woods and found myself a Linoone which made a nice addition to my team. I then proceeded on and went to Route 116 after a quick stop in Rustboro so I could catch myself a Drowzee. I then took down Roxanne with ease and helped out some guys who were in a tight squeeze. I found myself a flounder, actually a Seaking in the cave, but it currently sits in my PC. So now we're in Dewford, all items in hand. It's time to find Steven in that mountain of sand.

EDIT - SECOND UPDATE:

So I managed to snatch up an Onix in the Granite Cave on my hunt for Steven and after delivering my letter and beating Brawly, I shipped off for Slateport. I managed to beat up some Team Aqua goons who were trying to get to Capt. Stern, then proceeded to Route 110 where I caught myself a Hitmontop and bashed May's face in once again. I made it to Mauville and showed Wally what it means to be a trainer and then shipped myself into the gym so I could just wreck Wattson with Carl. After snagging that 3rd badge, I explored out to Verdanturf and missed adding a Tauros to my collection. I then explored the little bit of Route 118 that I could and then headed North on Route 111. After beating Gabby and Ty and refusing to accept their interview (Hey, I don't want to give my ego too much food), I shipped up to Route 112 where I caught myself a Blastoise. On my way back to heal, I unfortunately broke open a rock to reveal a Metang that decided that recoiling itself to death was the best option and took a trip. Now I'm waiting near the entrance to the Fiery Path.

Team:
Spoiler:

Box:
Spoiler:

Missed Pokemon:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

TrollShammy80

Loved all Pokemon Since 98'
Years
Username-TrollShammy80
Game: Yin Black (Random Wild Pokemon Active) more of a challenge

I have some free time haven't played in awhile why not

Optional Rules added:
You may only use PokéBalls.
You may not use/catch legendary Pokémon.
You must nickname all of your Pokemon. (highly recommended)
A black out/white is a "game over," even if there are Pokémon left in the PC.

First Update-

Spoiler:

THE TEAM-
Spoiler:

RIP BOX-
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Username: Fearow_Fan
Game: Platinum

I'll be going the route of 'no duplicates' so areas aren't so brutal to me if I want to pick up a varied team. The *only* exception to this is shiny variants of stuff I already have that I will not use but, instead, will box to later trade up to one of my other games.

'Optional' Rules:

1) You must nickname all of your Pokemon.
2) A black out/white is a "game over," even if there are Pokémon left in the PC.
3) You may not use held items.
4) You may only use PokéBalls.
5) You may not use/catch legendary Pokémon.**
6) Make comics of your challenge and have fun!

**(I'm altering this so that I will catch them if they just happen to be 'shiny' (hahahahahaha...yeah, I don't think it'll happen, either, but here's hoping!) for the same reason as duplicate Pokemon described above; otherwise, I'm laying the beatdown on them as per normal.)

I got several Pokemon games for Christmas so I would imagine it to be more difficult than it'd normally be since I know virtually nothing for Pokemon specifics compared to the majority of people, having no experience past Gen II (Silver).

I'll be making my comic updates using deviantART muro since I can't seem to make a proper comic template. As such, they'll be rather...umm...awkwardly-styled pages, you could say. (coughcan'tdrawfor@#$%cough)

Also, said comic updates will not be on any kind of schedule. So while I don't have anything besides a very, VERY plain title page on DA at the moment, no worries as they WILL be done.

Progress Update
Spoiler:

The Team
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Technician

Aerial Ace
Years
Name: Technician

Rules:
2) A black out/white is a "game over," even if there are Pokémon left in the PC.
3) You may not use/catch legendary Pokémon.
4) Dupes Clause is OFF.
5) Challenge starts once I receive Pokeballs.

Progress:
Spoiler:

Team:
Spoiler:

Deaths:
Spoiler:

kingofeds

The Ed-olution is here!
Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2022
Third Update:

So I ran through the fire and flames, missing a Walrein along the way. Then I made it to Route 112 part 2, which allowed me to make it to Ash City, aka Route 113. There I picked myself up a heck of a lot of ash on my hat and a Gengar to pitch into my PC. I made it to Fallarbor Town and quickly healed up before hitting Route 114 and picking up a Raichu. I then battled my way toward Meteor Falls where I thwarted some plans by Team Magma with some help from Team Aqua. I then proceeded all the way back to Mt. Chimney and thwarted some more plans by Team Magma. When all was said and done, I bashed my way down the Jagged Pass and picked up a Vulpix along the way. I then ATTEMPTED to train a bit on the Jagged Pass. I unfortunately lost my beloved Drone along the way, so Sally became my new staple team member. I also lost Scion too, as well as his replacement, Orion the Onix. So after I finally got everyone, including newcomer Handy, trained, I decimated Flannery AND Norman in back-to-back gym battles. I then received the Surf HM from Wally's dad, which allowed me to catch a Ledian in Petalburg City. I then went to Route 106, picked up a Dugtrio, then ran to Route 115 and missed yet another Tauros. I then did Wattson a favor and fixed New Mauville, where I added a Taillow to the crew. I then bashed my way through Route 118, crushing Gabby and Ty AGAIN and picking up a Mankey. I then went onto Route 119, where I currently sit after catching a Paras.

Team:
Spoiler:

Box:
Spoiler:

Missed Pokemon:
Spoiler:

DEAD (R.I.P.):
Spoiler:

Technician

Aerial Ace
Years
Update!

Rules:
4) Dupes Clause is OFF.

Progress:
Spoiler:

Team:
Spoiler:

Boxed:
Spoiler:

Deaths:
Spoiler:

ShinyHoundoom

Houndoom Fan
Years
I can't continue with this challenge. Platinum is a hard game to play normally let alone nuzlocke. It's driving me up a wall and I was probably going to lose at Fantina anyway.

Technician

Aerial Ace
Years
I can't continue with this challenge. Platinum is a hard game to play normally let alone nuzlocke. It's driving me up a wall and I was probably going to lose at Fantina anyway.

It's funny you say that, really. My next Platinum update is a rough one for me. With that said...

Rules:
4) Dupes Clause is OFF.

Progress:
Spoiler:

Team:
Spoiler:

Boxed:
Spoiler:

Deaths:
Spoiler:

DelightedTurk

Hipsterest Hypno in the land
Years
Going to give Sapphire a run-through using Nuzlocke rules but I'm going to use a randomizer to make it interesting, expect an update soon.

Technician

Aerial Ace
Years
Time for another update. Happy New Years everyone!

Rules:
4) Dupes Clause is OFF.

Progress:
Spoiler:

Team:
Spoiler:

Boxed:
Spoiler:

Deaths:
Spoiler:

TrollShammy80

Loved all Pokemon Since 98'
Years
2nd Update-

MORE ADVENTURE
Spoiler:

THE TEAM-
Spoiler:

RIP BOX-

Spoiler:

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Okay I think I updated and got everything! PM me if I missed something or made a mistake. Another note, I will not put your name on the list when signing up if you don't use the form used in the example on the first post. It was very annoying to try and figure out what people were doing when going through everything when people didn't use it. Anyway, good luck challengers!

Gary0ak

TPP ROM Hacker
Years
Username: Gary0ak
Game: FireRed

Rules:

1) Any Pokemon that faints is dead, and must be boxed.
2) You may only catch the first Pokemon encountered in the area.
3) No legendaries.
4) Must nickname all Pokemon
5) As another mercy rule, if the player runs into a Shiny Pokémon on the incredibly rare chance, the player may still catch it, regardless of whether or not it is the first encounter in the area. It also does not need to be released if it faints. (I follow the boxed rule, not the released rule)

Pokemon:
Blaze (Shiny Charmander)
dyhju.gif
004.gif

Progress:
[ythd]Y1iuHY-7wSY&list=PLe1pUy7Aq7-G3Q217ly95cBZISh1CLG7d&index=1[/ythd]
*Comic coming soon! (Or never, who knows)*

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2023
Hey, I was wondering if we can do hacks? If so here's my signup below:

Username: xShadowx
Game: Pokemon Snakewood

EDIT: Saw the first page and saw that some people are doing other hacks as well.

Rules:
Any Pokémon that faints is considered dead, and must be released (or boxed, never to see the light of day again).
You may only catch the first Pokémon encountered in each area, and none else. If the first Pokémon encountered faints or flees, there are no second chances.
Adjusting the first encounter rule to ban duplicate captures.
You must nickname all of your Pokemon. (highly recommended)
You must change the battle style to SET.
You may not use/catch legendary Pokémon.

First update shall be tomorrow after school.

Last edited:

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
Username: James901

I'm going to be playing on my hard copy of Platinum. The optional rules I'm going to take are to nickname all Pokemon and no catching Legendaries, also no duplicates.

I started and chose Chimchar as my starter, named him Chimpy.
Did the beginning stuff and got the pokeballs.
Caught Starly on Route 202, named him Star.
Met Looker and got the Poketch.
Went to Route 204 and caught Acro the Zubat.
Saved the game.

Catch List:
Spoiler:

Team:
Spoiler:

Dead: None so far :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2023
Mini Update:

So I started Pokemon Snakewood and choice Koffing as my starter.
Everything went smooth until I fought with Alice and lost to her.....

Restarted the challenge and fought Alice again with Koffing (name is Gassy btw).
Beat her and caught a Wurmple outside of Petelburg City.
While training Wurmple(McKenzy) Gassy died.
McKenzy eventually evolved into Dustox.
Beat all the trainers before going into Petelburg Forrest.
Caught a Silcoon(Fallen) in Petalburg Forrest.

Currently training Fallen.

Party:
Dustox aka McKenzy Lv.11
Silcoon aka Fallen Lv.7

Dead:
Koffing aka Gassy Lv.10

Arcturus.

Chews nails and spits napalm
Years
Update 2

I recently found my old Gameboy SP, and now I'm playing Firered on that for the rest of the challenge. Big update since I've been lazy updating.​

• Went and beat my rival again
  • As I was battling Trainers on the Nugget Bridge, Nidoran(m) evolved​
  • Beat all the trainers on the Nugget Bridge​
  • Caught a Oddish on Route 25, named him Weed​
  • Caught a Caterpie on Route 24. It's level 7. Wonderful.​
  • Went and saved Bill, I guess, got the ticket to the S.S. Anna​
  • Caught a Pidgey on Route 5, named her Aero​
  • Caught ANOTHER Pidgey on Route 6, boxed in case Aero dies​
  • Arrived in Vermilion City​
  • Went to the Pokemon Fan Club, got the Bike Voucher​
  • Went back to Cerulean and got a bike​
  • Went back to Vermilion City​
Current Team​

Spoiler:

Boxed​
Spoiler:

Deceased​
Spoiler:

Locked Out Areas
Spoiler:

I'll try to update soon.​

Last edited:

diamondmutt1111

A wild summer appeared!
Years
Okay I think I updated and got everything! PM me if I missed something or made a mistake. Another note, I will not put your name on the list when signing up if you don't use the form used in the example on the first post. It was very annoying to try and figure out what people were doing when going through everything when people didn't use it. Anyway, good luck challengers!

Sorry, my bad :(

Username: diamondmutt1111
Ultimate?: HECK YEAH
Games: Red, Silver, Emerald, Platinum, Black 2, (at this point I guess I will sign-up for X)

I will also (in the far future) do a nuzlocke of White, Heart Gold, and Leaf Green

Rules:
Spoiler:

For an update, I have obtained the Rainbow Badge and just finished the Pokémon Tower, and saved!

The only REAL change to my team from the last update was that I replaced Cowfood (Gloom) with Vee the Jolteon.

The Team:

008.gif

Leonardo the Wartortle
Level 30
- Bubblebeam
- Tail Whip
- Bite
- Water Gun

017.gif

Ulysses the Pidgeotto
Level 30
- Gust
- Fly
- Quick Attack
- Whirlwind

020.gif

Ratman (Now known as Gizmo) the Raticate
Level 29
- Body Slam
- Dig
- Quick Attack
- Hyper Fang

034.gif

Carlos the Nidoking
Level 29
- Seismic Toss
- Thrash
- Horn Attack
- Poison Sting

051.gif

Dougie the Dugtrio
Level 29
- Scratch
- Growl
- Dig
- Sand-Attack

135.gif

Vee the Jolteon
Level 29
- Tackle
- Sand-Attack
- Thunderbolt
- Quick Attack

The Boxed:
Spoiler:

The Dead:
Spoiler:

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
Update #2

Acro died while grinding. :(
Caught Golden the Psyduck in Ravaged Path.
Attempted to grind him up some levels and succeeded.
Took on my rival and whooped him.
Caught Fragil the Abra on Route 203. Hopefully I can manage to get him to evolve before he can die.
Caught Juda the Geodude in Oreburgh Gate. Boxed her.
Chimpy evolved into Monferno! YES!!
Caught Champ the Machop on Route 207. Boxed him.
Took down Roark. Golden's Water Gun took out his Geodude and Onix while Chimpy's Mach Punch took out his Cranidos.
Went back to Jublife and beat the grunts for Prof. Rowan.
Went through Ravaged Path and beat the grunt outside the Valley Windworks.
Caught Cheeks the Pachirisu in the Valley Windworks.
Beat the grunts trying to steal honey.
Fragil evolved into Kadabra! YAY!!!
Star evolved into Staravia! WHOOO!!!!
And thats it for today.

Update:
Beat Jupiter in the Windworks.
Caught Don the Shellos on Route 205.
Travelled through Eterna Forest using repels so I can come back after to catch a pokemon. Don't want to worry about the Chansey killing the Pokemon I'm trying to catch.
Beat Gardenia, LOST MY KADABRA!! :( He got 1HKO'd by Grass Knot from her Roserade.

Catch List:
Spoiler:

Team:
Spoiler:

Boxed:
Spoiler:

Dead:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

BassBlood

Bass Player Extraordinaire
Years