• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Garnet Version~

What type of menù/ alternate screen would fit Garnet better?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 14, 2013
ezr68p.jpg

*developed with Rpgmaker XP

Features

*New game region: Isiah - full of different environments and secrets to discover
*more than 200 fakemons!
*rich custom graphics, full of details
*improved dungeon-like structures, for the best explorations ever!
*new game mechanics, such as camera system
*Jrpg-oriented storyline, with epicness and deep subjects
*original music and sounds!
*side-quest system: missions available depending upon your *Trainer Rank
*time-based events: Isiah looks differently depending on hour and days!
*trophys: master the hardest challenges to unlock them!
*[wip] downloadable content for in-game expansions
reach_isiah__it__s__e_a_s_i_e_r_by_kuroda_taiki-d46exr8.png

Storyline

«The question is: to rein consciously our destiny, or to be swept by the flow of time because of our ignorance?
Isiah's very roots are to be shaken, the cycle of life changed forever. In the midst of our heart a new fear spreads. The biggest shadow is concealed by light, as much as the darkest place is a lighthouse's base.
The confine between myth and reality has never been so small.»

qyv22d.jpg

Pokémon Garnet let you assume the role of a young boy or a young girl. Some differences happens throughout the game depending on your gender, but the adventure remains the same. It's the day of your seventeenth birthday: you can now embark on your journey as a pokémon trainer, starting from your hometown Fleurville. Professor Cedar awaits you and your friends at Fleurville's Research Centre to introduce you into the world of Pokémon.
Choose your first pokémon among three and begin your travel. You'll meet obstacles of all sorts, from hard pokémon battles to savage places.
Will you gather enough strength to embark the greatest adventure?
Will you have enough courage to face the darkest fears?
Will you heed the call of your destiny?
happiness_by_hydrargirium-d47gcyl.png

screens_update_by_hydrargirium-d3fvg5b.png

Spoiler:

Development Team
Project Coordinator: Mercurysky aka Hydrargirium
Scripter: Help-14
Eventer: Mercurysky

Graphic team
Spriters/ pixel artists: Blazeknight, Giulio-91, Kuroda-Taiki, White-Flame
Artworks/general graphics: iMezzo
Tilesetter: Kuroda-Taiki, White-Flame, Mercurysky
Mapper: Mercurysky
Sound Team
Composers: Gunsou, Skaylea, Tobinus

Credits
System: Poccil & Flameguru for their starter kit, used as a base for the project.
Graphics (mainly tiles and game rips): Alucus, BoOmxBIG, cNickc, Dante, DarkDragon, DeadHeroAlistair, Dewitty, Dragoon, GavZxHayley, Kymotonian, Lalo0101, mr-duke, Pokémon-Diamond, PurPok, RubiiGameZ, Spacemotion, UltimoSpriter, Zetavares852
Concepts, Helps, special thanks: PHantasyEXperiment, Failed-Artist, HourglassHero, bzuma. And all the wonderful people we met during the development!

Thanks for following the project and for supporting us!​

Last edited:

Alucia

Random tile/map artist
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024
Hay mate glad to see that you have a topic up for garnet,you allready know that I love the concept and how its looking so far. So on that note good luck and keep it up.

Riceeman

Spriter Guy
Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2011
This looks brilliant! Been following you on Deviantart, and your sprites and maps are sublime! Keep up the fantastic work!

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
Wow, this game is looking really good! Especially the spritework! Keep up the good work, dude!

Years
I'm actually going to eventually make a game called Pokemon Garnet, idk how far away that is though. Anyway, its looking really good so far (from what I have seen here and on dA) I actually first found this game on dA. Keep up the great work, but when I make finally make a thread for my game I'll have to think of something so people don't get names mixed up (and I sure hope little noobs don't say "Sorry, already a game called Pokemon Garnet. You will have to change it" because names aren't copyrighted here so anyone can use anything). The hero/ine are done really well btw lol

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 14, 2013
First, thanks to anyone for the support and the apreciatements!

I'm actually going to eventually make a game called
Pokemon Garnet, idk how far away that is though. Anyway, its looking really good so far (from what I have seen here and on dA) I actually first found this game on dA. Keep up the great work, but when I make finally make a thread for my game I'll have to think of something so people don't get names mixed up (and I sure hope little noobs don't say "Sorry, already a game called Pokemon Garnet. You will have to change it" because names aren't copyrighted here so anyone can use anything). The hero/ine are done really well btw lol

It's not a problem, I've chosen that name for the particular story of the game, but I think the same thing you said, names aren't copyrighted in fangames! I will never say you to change your project's name! XD

Little new abouto features:
There will be three additional pokémon types in garnet:
-Space
-Light
-Sound

I'll make soon some new screens!

Fraot

Researcher & Game Developer
Years
Man, I like you region map! well, i hate the HGSS style but I can "see" your map on DPPt style and it's great! Your overworlds look elaborated(original). Nice start!

TAKUORO

Pyro from WAH ;D
Years
Oh!

I love it!!

as i say it before, I really like those backgrounds!!
I would like to see a video, just for check the events :P

Good Luck!

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen yesterday
Looks good, I'll give you that, but your female character is unporportioned

FlaafyFTW

Researcher of Orange Lore
Years
Hey Garnet Team ^^
I love the look of your project so far, your maps are very pleasing on my eyes, and i like your ideas. I'm cant wait for more updates =)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 14, 2013
Looks good, I'll give you that, but your female character is unporportioned
I think that's because of her long-tight dress...
Anyway, thanks to everyone and a little new.

Thanks to Blazeknight work an Giulio's concept for the legendary, we have finally animated title screen. There will be also a "press start" on it. That's only an animated gif for the background.
Hope you'll like it! :3
2d9e2w9.jpg

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
Years
Now this is some great eye candy. I'm normally not to fond of fire starters, but in this case I'd definitely have to go with fire. You've made good use of Kyledoves tiles and is that even new palettes I spy? Your trainers are really impressive and the mapping, oh the mapping. Keep it up man you and your team are doing really well. I look forward to seeing more. Love the Titlescreen By the way ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back