• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen is ralts considered rare?

EVA-01

Looking at Mewthree's past
Years
i cought a ralts :badsmile: YEAH! and a lotad, and why all of a sudden the big lotad spree? it isnt that flash... but i still caught it and trainin it :cool:

VanirElf

Dragon Trainer
Years
the odds of a ralts appearing are like 4 % so I guess it is rare but I doubt it's considered a rare pokemon since practically everyone uses gardevoir in their teams at one point or another

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
If rare means the appearances in the wild, then yes Ralts is rare. With odds of 4%, that sounds pretty darn rare to me. ^_^
If rare means actual appearances in battles, then not really. Lots of people use Gardevoir in their teams, with it's high special defense and whatnot.

usami

biohazard
Years
  • Age 33
  • Iowa
  • Seen Oct 5, 2021
Ralts is not actuallt rare, I heard somewhere I think it was in my stratedgy guide, that Ralts will only appear if your Pokemon like you enough ^^(), don't go all postal on me if this not true, but I'm pretty sure it is.

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
Years
Nope, the whole thing about Ralts appearing if you have happy Pokemon is just a rumour and nothing more, related to Ralts' Pokedex entry. There's no evidence at all to suggest it. Ralts has a fixed 4% chance of appearing, regardless of how much your Pokemon likes or dislikes you

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
Yes that is true...you have to get your pokemon to like you at the beginning of the game and if they like you more then more ralts will appear.

Edit...um..i thought what i said was true...now i am not really sure...i will look it up in the guide.

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
Years
Because of the Pokedex entry for Ralts, which suggests that it is happiest when trainers are happy, people have assumed that for some reason happiness affects whether or not they can be caught. To be honest, Ralts are no different in this respect to any other Pokemon (apart from the 4% chance), and thus happiness does not affect if they appear or not. It's all down to chance.

seraphim

Seraphim
Years
they don't seem rare to me...i find like 10 of them walking thru a 12-step field of grass... well, not that much, but it was one of the first 3 pokemon i caught, and i see them like, one out of 4-6

Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2007
Yes, Ralts is a rare Pokemon to obtain. However, if you meant legendary, then no. Ralts is just your average, everyday Pokemon. With the exception of the fact that it's hard to find. ^_^;;

~Kelsey

KLS

PC's Eternal Witness
Years
VanirElf said:
the odds of a ralts appearing are like 4 % so I guess it is rare but I doubt it's considered a rare pokemon since practically everyone uses gardevoir in their teams at one point or another
not really
i stick with a kadabra and i prefer kadabra because he's got recover
which is very versatile

EVA-01

Looking at Mewthree's past
Years
pikawolf! lol lengendary?? ive been playin pokemon for years and i know its nothing like a legendary :)

cranium

Lv 100 Pokemon Trainer
Years
ok whats all this about using gardevoir (however you spell it) in their team?
ive never even considered looking at its stats,
is it really a decent pokemon?
hmm im gonna go have a look at its base stats/move sets/tactics and what not.....

Back